Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Redskins can McCloughlan

Redskins fired GM Scot McCloughan.

It is a move that has been brewing for months but ultimately came to a head when McCloughan was conspicuously absent from the Combine. Team President Bruce Allen laughably tried to explain the absence away, but reporting in the ensuing days has painted a picture of an organization which is deeply dysfunctional. The Redskins have leaked McCloughan, who has a history of alcoholism, has relapsed, and an "anonymous source" told the Washington Post that relapse is to blame for his firing. It is possible that is true, but the Redskins leaking that information through Chris Cooley in February is at best unprofessional and at worst a sign the alcohol issue is being blown out of proportion to paper over the cracks in a rapidly crumbling foundation. Whatever the reason, McCloughan is now gone while Allen and coach Jay Gruden have the power they seem to have wanted. Let's see how long they can hold it.

lolredskins

Apparently players liked McCloughan, and loathed Bruce Allen, so that played a role in this. Seems like a pretty shitty move, but I guess Bruce Allen wanted to retake the most morally bankrupt person in Washington position back.

• Upvote 1

They smeared this dude. Made him out to be a huge drunk then canned him. Dirty as fuck

Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 1

Bruce Allen is a dirty, terrible person. Horrible talent evaluator at that. So glad that piece of garbage is in Washington and not Tampa Bay anymore. His ego was threatened by McCloughan so he started a smear campaign to get him fired, costing the team a ton of great talent in the process. The Redskins are a sorry mess of a franchise.

• Upvote 2

Look how they've handled just Kirk Cousins.. I mean, it's ridiculous. It isn't a surprise to see something like this, as sad as that sounds. The Redskins are really just a pathetic organization. Hopefully they fall by the wayside, because having any modicum of success will justify the means in their sick heads.

Supposedly McCloughan really wanted to sign Cousins long-term and it's been Allen that is the reason Cousins wants out of DC.

Redskins gonna Redskin...

Eagles have lost like 6 straight games to the Skins so I ain't even mad they fired the only competent person in their front office. This is horribly classless by the Skins though. If I was a Skins fan I would be PISSED.

Are they really gonna replace him with Mike Mayock lulz..

Supposedly McCloughan really wanted to sign Cousins long-term and it's been Allen that is the reason Cousins wants out of DC.

Redskins gonna Redskin...

This is probably true. Bet Synder hasn't got over that Cousins turned out better than his boy RG3.

Air posted it in the shoutbox but it's been revealed now that Kirk will not negotiate a long term deal while Bruce Allen works for the Redskins.

If I was Dan Snyder, I'd fire Bruce Allen tonight. Idk how many there are but if there are any Bruce Allen cronies, I'd tell them to pack their bags too.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Ex-Redskins GM Scot McCloughan says his dismissal wasn't related to his past drinking problems.

The disclosure comes via friend and former NFLer Michael Robinson, whom McCloughan helped sign in Seattle. Via Robinson, McCloughan termed his firing as a "pride thing" by Redskins president Bruce Allen. The way Robinson tells the story, Allen dressed McCloughan in a post-Combine meeting. "Nobody likes you in this building. Nobody wants you here," was the way McCloughan recounted Allen's comments to Robinson. By all indications, Allen has gone mad with power (again).

Bruce Allen sounds like a high school girl. Threatened by someone else so he says "OMG like nobody totally likes you, loser!"

Ex-Redskins GM Scot McCloughan, speaking for the first time since his firing, said it "just wasn't meant to be" in Washington.

"I wish I could have been here longer to see it come to fruition," McCloughan said. "But still, I'm gonna pull for them. I don't have any grudge. Again, it's a marriage that didn't work. It's too bad what happened here, but it was mutual. And there's a lot of good people in this organization, from the ownership down throughout the whole building. It just didn't work out." Major props to McCloughan for taking the high road after multiple people inside the organization took shots at him as he was kicked out the door. McCloughan has re-opened his scouting service and advised teams during the draft. He should find a job back in the NFL in the near future.
Source: NFL.com