Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Cherry's Draft Stream (Live TONIGHT)

Welp. This is it. The home stretch. How do I plan to take you guys down it? By 3 days of streaming before, during, and after each day of the NFL draft! I'm going to be running a youtube live stream where I discuss the 2017 NFL draft and answer your questions live, in real time. Whether it's the first overall pick of the draft, or Mr. Irrelevant, I'll be discussing every pick in depth from start to finish. All you have to do to join in the discussion is to have a Youtube account so you can comment and let me know what your thoughts are during the stream.

So sit back, relax, and let Cherry walk you through the 2017 NFL draft. :wub:

I'll be starting the stream at approximately 5:30 PM ET on April 27th, so there will be about a 2 and a half hour gap of open time before the draft which I will utilize to answer pre-draft questions, or to just have a discussion with people who show up. Depending on when the draft ends, I'll likely stick around for an extra hour and a half or so to give thoughts on what happened, and what could be next.

I'll start the stream around 3 PM ET on April 28th and give my recap on the first day, along with answering any questions about how things in the first round went, along with ideas about what we could see in the second day of the draft. I will end this again about an hour and a half after the night ends for the actual selections.

I'll start the stream around 10 AM on April 29th, and discuss some more about the first two days, along with some of the big names still on the board, and what we could see on day three of the draft. This will go approximately 2-3 hours after the draft concludes, as I'd like to discuss a lot of the overall results from the draft, and want to answer any questions about how I feel guys fit into their new homes.

I am so incredibly excited for this opportunity, and I can't wait to spend this draft discussing the prospects live, and giving real-time analysis for once rather than typing away into the website. Thank you guys for always showing your interest in my draft coverage, and I look forward to seeing you on draft night. :)

The link will be posted when I start that first initial stream, and I will post subsequent links for each day of the draft. They will be archived on Youtube, from my understanding, so if you miss any of the coverage, you can go back and watch it through. I know for sure that 30+ hours of content will be more than enough for y'all to handle. :p

Edited by Chernobyl426

I will also be using some prospect cards that I've hired my buddy to make for the stream. Will have approximately 150 prospect cards that I will pull up on the screen when guys are selected. Barring some amazing turn of events, all players from the first two rounds will have a card, and hopefully most of the day two guys in general will have them. These will run over a lot of air time, so y'all don't have to deal with too much of my phenomenal looks.

YES! As many draftniks as there are around here, this is an awesome idea. Looking forward to it, Cherry.

• Upvote 2

I will also be using cut-up clips as well in my analysis, so I have some video content to present with the player card and livestream analysis. It will be a simple youtube video with about a minute or two of action on players, but it should suffice for a video portion of my stream. While I can't perfectly model what the truck does for the NFLN or ESPN guys, I can do my best to show clips of what players actually look like in action, and give a taste for their film.

Don't know how I will be dressed on days two and three, but I will do my best to look snazzy for round one of the draft. Expect a dress shirt and maybe a tie. I'm going FBGP Emory Hunt in this bitch. :badass:

Let me know if y'all have any ideas you'd like me to implement into the stream as well. I may not be able to turn it into an insanely high quality product, but I want to do my best to make it visually appealing, along with being interactive and answering your questions/having a discussion. If there is anything you can think of outside player card/cut-ups/snazzy Cherry, let me know.

• Upvote 1

I love this idea Cheryl, it will be good to see what you've got, the reason behind it and your evaluations. Look forward to it.

Nr9KGL.jpg

Will be formatted better on stream. Put on phone, then uploaded, so it's fuzzy.

As my graphics guy has finished the QBs and RBs, I have two prospect cards to share. Thanks Weapon for picking out these two guys.

0JfXRi.png

ghNC7V.png

Sorry I don't like your boy, Stevo.

xUtMeL.png

I'll be adding a No Spoiler rule as well for the draft stream. If you have questions about where you think guys could go, feel free to ask or share your thoughts, but please do not read the picks off of twitter early. I love having the pick announced on television, and it's one thing I don't want to lose for draft season. Like opening christmas presents.

• Upvote 1

30 days to go! I've added an intro song to the beginning of the stream. It's quite... bluesy.

y5Mz2h.png

Edited by Chernobyl426

Sean wanted Chad Williams, but alas, he has no card available. As as backup, we've got Mr. Taywan Taylor.

po41v9.png

Weapon has selected David Njoku as the TE prospect preview card. Peep it.

xd3pqM.png

We are now a week within striking distance.

I think the stream will be awesome during the draft, but I'm mostly looking forward to the discussion starting at 5:30, because those pre-draft hours linger forever.

I think the stream will be awesome during the draft, but I'm mostly looking forward to the discussion starting at 5:30, because those pre-draft hours linger forever.

Yeah, I figured I would start it somewhat early so it's after people are getting off work and getting ready for the draft. I know most people just play the waiting game from 5:30ish to 8, as I've done it myself several times. I figure once people start showing up, the questions will start coming and I can give some insight. Really hope I can have a solid group together asking questions in the build up to the start of the draft, though. Would make it an entertaining night through and through. Night one stream shouldn't be too bad anyways, as it's easier to keep your ducks in a row with so much time in between selections.

The stream will start at 5:30 PM Eastern Time TONIGHT. The link will be posted both here, and in the shoutbox.

IT'S HAPPENING

It was fun, thanks for putting it together man. You worked real hard in studying so many players. Hope you can get that website and your youtube channel off the ground and watch football for a living ha.

Thanks for everyone that stopped by for day 2 stream. Reminder we're starting up around 11 or 11:30 tomorrow assuming I get up like I'm supposed to. Giving that juicy analysis that nobody else is gonna have available.

Last day folks. 4 more rounds to go. Will Cherry get someone he's never heard of?