Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Romo is Retiring

Good luck, Texans. Looks like you're going to be another shitshow again next year! :kobe:

Savage news for Houston, it seems.

I hope Tony does well at broadcasting, and doesn't become Feel Simms 2.0.

To me he was the epitome of always the bridesmaid and never the bride. Most of it was his fault as well. I think that fantasy football fans loved him because he was always a statistical monster but would choke when it mattered. It is sad too because he would make some electric plays, and then he would turn the ball over 3 times in the divisional round. He was also one of the most polarizing QB's in the league, I always liked the guy though. He was a pretty tough dude too. I know people call him a puss but he had some serious injuries and he still went out and did his thing.

Either way I wish him luck in whatever he chooses to do, and it will be interesting to see if he gets a gold jacket. I doubt it.

Good luck, Texans. Looks like you're going to be another shitshow again next year! :kobe:

Hyperbole much? :yao:

While I would've been fine with Romo on the Texans I wasn't all gung-ho about it, because of the extensive injury history.

It's time the Texans actually develop a QB for once instead of trying to poach other teams' leftovers and hoping they turn out to be good.

• Upvote 2

Matt Schaub was pretty good for a few years. You just gotta find the next Matt Schaub.

Matt Schaub was pretty good for a few years. You just gotta find the next Matt Schaub.

"Pretty good for a few years."

He's the only QB that you can say that about and the Texans are going to enter their 16th season as a franchise.

They don't need a world beater at QB, because the rest of the roster is really good, but I don't think Savage is that guy and this is a pretty meh QB draft class.

Texans are basically in purgatory. They're too good to have a high draft pick, and they don't have the QB to take them to a Super Bowl.

Good for Tony. He just didn't seem committed to the game anymore. I think he'll be really good in the booth.

"Pretty good for a few years."

He's the only QB that you can say that about and the Texans are going to enter their 16th season as a franchise.

They don't need a world beater at QB, because the rest of the roster is really good, but I don't think Savage is that guy and this is a pretty meh QB draft class.

Texans are basically in purgatory. They're too good to have a high draft pick, and they don't have the QB to take them to a Super Bowl.

I know just the guy...

vince-young-.jpg

• Upvote 2

Fucker should have made Dallas pay him.

Why didn't Dallas release him earlier? I think he wanted to play but Jerry convinced him to retire instead -- I'm not sure any evidence could convince me otherwise.

He just might be able to have some playoff success or Even reach the superbowl in his next line of work :troll:

Edited by BC

So yea, it seems like the Cowboys did him dirty here.

Yes, lets feel sad for the person who is gonna make millions sitting and talking, what a sad story, they should make a movie about it...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seems like you'd want to give Romo a trial run in the minors before making him your opening day ace...

Wonder how Phil Simms feels about this...

Yes, lets feel sad for the person who is gonna make millions sitting and talking, what a sad story, they should make a movie about it...

Jesus Sparty, lighten up.

I never said anything about feeling bad for him.

• Upvote 1

lolsperty overreacting and reading into shit like always...

Romo was a really good QB. Not a Hall of Famer, but still very good. Of course he has his share of the blame for never winning a ring, but his team let him down a lot over the years too. Romo had a few seasons where Dallas could have/should have been serious contenders, but something always happened for it to get pissed away. With the emergence of Dak, the writing was on the wall. Romo can't stay healthy, and now Dallas doesn't need him to anyway.

I wish him luck in his career as an analyst and in his general retirement life. :yep:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seems like you'd want to give Romo a trial run in the minors before making him your opening day ace...

Romo has the football knowledge and the personality to be a really great color commentator. I'd bet it will come very natural to him.

• Upvote 2

Romo, like another Cowboys QB-turned-announcer, will probably be a little awkward at first but then grow into a really solid commentator. Here's hoping, anyway.

Cowboys QBs -- better at commentating than quarterbacking

• Upvote 2

Yesterday was a hard day for me as a sports fan. Tony Romo was easily the most talented QB Dallas has ever seen and likely will see for the foreseeable future. At his best he was noticeably better than pretty much every QB on Cowboys history. Injuries, a lack of an OL or trustworthy running game (until later in his career), and garbage defenses made it nearly impossible for him to have bad games and still lead the team to a win. Tony had to compensate for so much throughout his career. If he was off, Dallas lost, period.

The worst part of all of this is that there are so many people who think he was a terrible quarterback. It bothers me.

Thank you for the memories, Tony Romo, and thank you for leading Dallas out of the post-Aikmen drought.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/story.asp?i=20170421103605702683008&ref=hea&tm=&src=

DALLAS (AP) Tony Romo should call his first Cowboys game in November in the former Dallas quarterback's first season as lead NFL analyst on CBS. It's just a question of which game.

The first CBS game for the Cowboys will be at home against Kansas City on Nov. 5, followed 2 1/2 weeks later by their Thanksgiving game against the Los Angeles Chargers. If Romo doesn't call the game against the Chiefs, he will be in the booth at his old home stadium when the Cowboys face the Chargers on Nov. 23.

Romo's last regular-season snap at home for the Cowboys came on Thanksgiving in 2015 when he broke his collarbone for the second time that season.

The former 10-year starter was released by Dallas the same day he was introduced as play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz's new partner in early April. Romo lost his job to rookie Dak Prescott while out with a back injury last season.

The Cowboys will open against the New York Giants for the fifth time in six seasons. Dallas gets a home rematch with Green Bay on Oct. 8 after losing to the Packers in the divisional playoffs as the top seed in the NFC.

There saying is if tomorrow didn't retire and signed with the Texans , Texans would've had the week 1 slot against Brady not KC