Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Maybe the biggest moment of Trumps Presidency

Today is the first day of meetings between Trump and the Chinese president Xi Jinping. This is a story I have been following for a long time because the much ballyhooed campaign strategy for Trump was that he was going to bring back American manufacturing and realistically he has two ways of doing that. One is to invoke xenophobia across the land and get more people to pay more for an American made product. The other is that in this meeting with China he establishes a foundation for a new trade agreement and to stop the predatory tactics of China in our country and their own as well as the manipulation of global currencies.

Then there is the other topic of North Korea and how that is going to be handled. Personally I think North Korea is a small blustering joke of a country who we could annihilate if we had the inclination. That said I prefer not to go to war with a country if there are diplomatic alternatives.

The reason this is as big of an issue as it is, is because we all know Trump is at the very least tempestuous and has been insulting to other world leaders. Well the Chinese are very big on the prestige of their leadership. Will trump be able to this meeting with some sort of class and possible lay the foundation for something long overdue, or do you think he is going to go off half cocked and fuck this all up ?

Side Note: I would like to see a renewed relationship with Russia seeing as I have not yet had it sufficiently explained to me in my life why we hate them.

How do you feel about this ? Or are you among the many who do not particularly care ?

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Getting China to detach their currency from the dollar is a nigh-impossible task. Its what keeps their goods so cheap and appealing for exports. Incidentally, I don't think Trump does a thing about this. He always looks out for himself first. His clothes are made in China and his buildings are made with Chinese steel. Not to mention the Chinese government just gave him a whole bunch of trademarks in the country that they were expected to reject. He'll go soft on them like he always does when it helps his bank account.

Anywhom, you're right in that we'd obliterate North Korea in a war, but they're really close to Seoul. If they feel like they're gonna lose they could go out in a so-called blaze of glory, killing literally millions of South Koreans. Not to mention repairing the region would take billions, if not trillions of dollars. North Korea has to be handled very carefully with both the US and China working together or else there is no way it can work.

As far as Russia goes, there is nothing wrong with being friendly with them, but we should not just go along with whatever they do. Putin is a despot who invaded another country for a landgrab. They used subversive tactics to undermine the democratic elections of the US, possibly Britain, and are trying to do the same with France. I have no hopes of this happening under trump, but the US should be taking a very hard stance on Russia unless they stop what they're doing.