SteVo

2017 NHL Playoffs

Go Caps! West wouldn't mind Edmonton even though I've stated I like the Ducks more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw

I am beyond nervous about tonight, fortunately I was in court all day so I didn't really have the opportunity to dwell on it, but this game is gonna be nuts

Oh, and

3gTgj53.jpg

• Upvote 1

For Washington to finally break through to the conference finals by coming back from 3-1 would be awesome. For them to force a game 7 just to blow it at home would also be awesome. I shall enjoy watching either team lose tonight, but mostly hoping for a good hockey game. :towel:

Pens kind of remind me of the championship Blackhawks in terms of play style. They defend and break in transition really well. Got a bit lucky on the save on Ovie...I think that broke his will. And the Caps defense lost their legs in the third. Guess they blew their load in game 6.

Edited by BJORN

I kinda think Anaheim walks through the West even more than Pittsburgh does the East.

:ooo:

Ovechkin's wife posted a picture of his thigh this morning

Warning: the image in the spoiler is not for the feint of heart

ovechkin-injury.jpg

based on the commentary on Russian Machine Never Breaks that bruising is indicative of a torn hammy, he's not playing in the World Championships because of a leg/knee injury

EDIT: to be clear, I'm not making excuses, it seems like everyone is playing with injuries this time of year (I remember reading that Joe Thornton played a few games in round one with a torn ACL and MCL) just sharing this for information purposes, also, the Russian phrase superimposed on the image apparently translates roughly to "that's hockey for you"

Edited by oochymp

NHL 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge

the password is Football

They seem to be having some technical difficulties right now, I was able to create the league but couldn't get a bracket submitted

with three entries, we got a grand total of 0 correct final four picks, congrats SteVo on sucking the least :rofl:

I knew my Blue Jackets/Wild SCF pick would lead me to glory. :towel:

Lol thought I joined

I think I am officially on the Vegas bandwagon.

Gonna start really following hockey this year, feels right to do it with a new team.

I think I am officially on the Vegas bandwagon.

Gonna start really following hockey this year, feels right to do it with a new team.

Normally I would berate you for jumping ship, but abandoning the Capitals after this season seems reasonable, especially to follow an expansion team.

Right, there was issues with the bracket challenge so never got picks in.

Normally I would berate you for jumping ship, but abandoning the Capitals after this season seems reasonable, especially to follow an expansion team.

I really didn't watch any hockey this year, but I had already decided prior to this season that when Vegas started playing I was switching allegiance, regardless of what happened with Washington. Them choking, again, to Pitt, again, didn't really change anything.

Last year I was upset a bit, this year, I kinda just shrugged my shoulders. Same old, same old.

Gonna actually follow the Knights and watch a good deal of their games, at least the ones I get to watch.

• Upvote 1