Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

SteVo's mock is worse than yours, but at least it has trades!

1) :Browns: DE Myles Garrett

Cleveland flirts with the idea of a quarterback but makes the smart move and takes the consensus top prospect.

2) :49ers: S Malik Hooker

Surprised? GM John Lynch is a wild card. Plus, he knows what a game-changing safety can do for a defense.

3) :Bears: DT Jonathan Allen

Chicago considers secondary help but goes BPA instead, looking for an impact defender at the line of scrimmage.

4) :jags: RB Leonard Fournette

The Jags will pray Fournette turns into the next Adrian Peterson.

5) :Titans: CB Marshon Lattimore

The Titans have a pretty solid roster, but Lattimore fills one of their bigger needs.

6) :Jets: S Jamal Adams

Adams qualifies as BPA and fills a need in the secondary.

7) :Chargers: ILB Reuben Foster

The Chargers surprised us last year by picking Joey Bosa; this year they do it again. Foster has a better chance to go in the top ten than most think.

8) :Texans:(trade w/ Panthers) QB Mitchell Trubisky

BOOM! The Texans make a blockbuster deal as a last-ditch effort to find a decent quarterback.

9) :Bengals: DE Solomon Thomas

The Bengals need some help on the defensive line and gladly stop Thomas' slide down the board.

10) :Bills: WR Mike Williams

GM Doug Whaley wants a quarterback, but his loss in the Buffalo power struggle becomes final.

11) :Saints: DE Derek Barnett

The Saints are confident to address their offensive needs with later picks, bolstering their defense for now.

12) :Browns: TE O.J. Howard

Cleveland leaves the first round with an impact player on both sides of the ball.

13) :Cardinals: WR Corey Davis

The Cardinals need more behind Larry Fitzgerald, whose days are numbered, and Davis is a better prospect than most think.

14) :Eagles: RB Christian McCaffrey

Doug Pederson believes in matchups, so he gets himself a matchup nightmare. The Eagles will exploit the depth of the cornerback class and get one later.

15) :Colts: CB Marlon Humphrey

The Colts need offensive linemen in the worst way, but disciplined GM Chris Ballard sticks to his board.

16) :panthers:(trade w/ Ravens) RB Dalvin Cook

Carolina uses its ammunition from the Houston trade to move back up and get their man.

17) :Redskins: OLB Haasan Reddick

Washington needs more interior linemen but avoids a reach. Unable to trade down, they get a pass rusher.

18) :Broncos:(trade w/ Titans) OT Ryan Ramcyzk

With four picks in the 7th round, Denver can afford to give up a 5th- or 6th-rounder to make sure they get the highest offensive tackle on their board.

19) :Bucs: OT Garrett Bolles

The Bucs have surrounded Jameis Winston with playmakers; now they need to protect him. They'll grab a running back next.

20) :Titans:(trade w/ Broncos) WR John Ross

They got a playmaker in the secondary with their top pick; now they get Marcus Mariota a new toy.

21) :Lions: DE Taco Charlton

Linebacker may be a bigger need, but the Lions stick to their board and grab a prospect who could go much higher.

22) :dolphins: OG Forrest Lamp

The Dolphins aren't afraid to prioritize need, especially if it's in the interest of keeping Ryan Tannehill healthy.

23) :Ravens:(trade w/ Giants) ILB Zach Cunningham

Trading down with Carolina puts Baltimore in jeopardy of missing out on an offensive lineman, receiver, or linebacker. They jump Oakland to avoid that.

24) :Raiders: CB Gareon Conley

The Raiders miss out on Cunningham, forced to address a lesser need but with great value.

25) :Giants:(trade w/ Ravens) TE David Njoku

The run on offensive linemen puts the Giants in a great spot to trade down, and they get the guy they would have taken at #23 anyway.

To be clear, this pick was originally Houston's, then traded to Carolina, then to Baltimore, then to New York.

26) :Seahawks: OT Cam Robinson

In a predicament similar to Miami's, the Seahawks must upgrade the blocking in front of their franchise quarterback.

27) :Chiefs: CB Adoree' Jackson

Andy Reid mulls the idea of a signal caller but stays with Alex Smith, bolstering his defense instead.

28) :Cowboys: CB Tre'Davious White

This pick should come down to best defensive player available, and Dallas is happy to get one of many quality corners still on the board.

29) :Packers: CB Chidobe Awuzie

The run on corners continues, as Green Bay sticks to its board, temporarily forsaking the need for offensive linemen.

30) :Steelers: DE/OLB Takkarist McKinley

Jabril Peppers is an intriguing option, but the Steelers confront both Jarvis Jones' incompetence and James Harrison's age.

31) :Bears:(trade w/ Falcons) QB Deshaun Watson

The Bears make an aggressive move to try and put the Jay Cutler era behind them, trading up five spots for a new face of the franchise.

32) :Saints: CB Kevin King

After addressing their pass rush with their first pick, New Orleans adds talent to the secondary.

8) :Texans:(trade w/ Panthers) QB Mitchell Trubisky

BOOM! The Texans make a blockbuster deal as a last-ditch effort to find a decent quarterback.

kWgpK_s-200x150.gif

If the Texans trade up for a QB in this meh class I will be VERY disappointed. Save a bold move like that for next year when you have guys like Darnold and Rosen available.

• Upvote 1

:notbad:

• Upvote 1

kWgpK_s-200x150.gif

If the Texans trade up for a QB in this meh class I will be VERY disappointed. Save a bold move like that for next year when you have guys like Darnold and Rosen available.

How much longer are the Texans going to wait? Is Bill O'Brien going to have to serve his fourth year as a head coach without a decent quarterback? The Texans won't have an awesome defense forever.

Bill O'Brien is going to want to take QB because he might be out if he can't draft one and make him into a good player. That's why he has a job imo.

• Upvote 1

How much longer are the Texans going to wait? Is Bill O'Brien going to have to serve his fourthyear as a head coach without a decent quarterback? The Texans won't have an awesome defense forever.

Trust me I totally get your point, (it's pretty much the main struggle for Texans fans) but I just don't like the idea of spending a first round pick (or more for trading up) just to fill a big need. Hell if O'Brien and co. are sold on Trubisky or whoever to take that gamble, then I hope they do it. I just hope they're not drafting a QB for the sake of drafting a QB.

I've said it plenty of times though that I am not a fan of this year's draft class at all. I personally don't really see any of these QBs being much of an upgrade over Tom Savage if they even are at all.

...I hope I'm wrong about Taco, since everyone has him going to the Lions.

But I don't want him. Lol.

You're not wrong to feel the way you do. The guy's name is Taco... I mean, come on. That name doesn't translate to NFL success. Seems better suited for a Key & Peele bit

• Upvote 2

I don't see the 49ers going for Hooker, especially after spending so many early picks on safeties. They've gone early on Tartt, Reid, and Ward. It just seems like a silly pick there, although Hooker definitely has the talent to be worth the #2.

I don't see the Reuben Foster pick at all for the Chargers. They already have Perryman as their ILB, and I think Joshua Perry is locked in as a backup. It just doesn't make enough sense, even as a BPA. A trade back makes more sense, if that's the board they're facing.

Solomon Thomas makes almost no sense for Cincinnati IMO. He isn't a 5-tech, but people keep projecting him there for some reason. The Bengals need a pass-rusher for sure, but not Solomon Thomas. He really only fits if you're having him play in a 3-4 system as an interior lineman.

I don't know if I could get behind McCaffrey at #14. He has the versatility to do a lot of stuff, but the Eagles don't really have a locked in #1 running back who just does his work on the ground. McCaffrey is more of a receiving threat who will be used as a third down guy more than anything else. It's just too early for a back who isn't a workhorse.

I don't know if I'd agree with the idea that Jameis has enough playmakers. I'd argue that the need for a TE or WR here is way more important than Garett Bolles. John Ross should be the pick here if he is available, or they could go get Njoku as a great weapon for Jameis to work with. Mike Evans is really all Jameis has right now.

Don't know about Zach Cunningham at #23. He's pretty awful with his tackling, and is mostly an upside pick more than anything. I don't know if the Ravens would go for that, especially with their first round selection.

I can't see Awuzie going before King or Witherspoon. His size isn't great, and he doesn't do nearly as good a job of tracking guys in coverage, and I think that's going to harm his stock. He's getting first round buzz, but even in a run on corners I don't think he is worth a top 32 selection.

• Upvote 1

What do you mean by Awuzie's size isn't great? NFL.com measured him at 6ft 202lbs which puts him at a decent size at least for the other guys they measured. Only 15/50 players are taller and 6 guys are heavier... unless you mean he is too big? lol

What do you mean by Awuzie's size isn't great? NFL.com measured him at 6ft 202lbs which puts him at a decent size at least for the other guys they measured. Only 15/50 players are taller and 6 guys are heavier... unless you mean he is too big? lol

He plays much smaller than his measurements, and compared to guys like Witherspoon and King, he isn't that impressive physically. He plays more like a slot guy than an outside guy in terms of how he uses his height and length.

Awuzie played safety and LB so I would have to disagree. I think he's one of those players who just has a nose for the football. When I was watching him I was thinking Sheldon Brown the whole time and a lot of people probably don't even remember how good he was. He was one of those players who was underrated his whole career.