blotsfan

2017 NBA Playoffs Thread

C's are trash and got straight bullied in that Wizards series

They only have one true playmaker and they are a terrible rebounding/second chance opp. team.

They are the most overrated one seed that I've seen in the NBA in a long long time. No true big man, no true creators...they suck.

I don't care how epic the Finals are, the NBA playoffs suck this year. The first three rounds have been completely pointless. We should have just let the Warriors and Cavs play a best-of-28 series or something.

• Upvote 1

NBA needs to get rid of Conferences.

The mindset of making super teams and lack of rivalries make the NBA frustrating.

Everyone wants to go play with everyone in a big market.

I love the NBA but the NBA 10 years ago was so much better when you had the Lakers vs Celtics going strong and just numerous quality teams in the West that made the playoffs interesting.

• Upvote 1

The mindset of making super teams and lack of rivalries make the NBA frustrating.

I love the NBA but the NBA 10 years ago was so much better when you had the Lakers vs Celtics going strong and just numerous quality teams in the West that made the playoffs interesting.

Why do you think they rigged the draft so the Celtics and Lakers are 1 and 2?

4 all-stars and the Warriors' MVP was Zaza for taking Kawhi out. Spurs would've easily won game 1 and could have won the series if it wasn't for Zaza. Aldridge looked like a dumpster fire out there as soon as Kawhi went out and was basically useless yet here he is making $20 mill. Dude cannot be a team leader at all and just looks uninterested as soon as the game isn't going his way.

It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do this offseason, Parker's and Manu's futures are uncertain and the team wouldn't be the same without them around. They need to find a way to get rid of Pau, pairing him with Aldridge and paying him $16 mill was a mistake. Simmons came up big at times and will probably be getting a nice payday as well as Mills. Would be interesting if the Spurs did go after CP3, Lowry, or even George Hill to pair with Kawhi and Aldridge.

• Upvote 1

Chris Paul was destined to play for Greg Popovic.

• Upvote 1

PD I think we need to talk to you about how the NBA currently works...

Pointless to talk about this shit league. Football please come back soon.

• Downvote 3

PD I think we need to talk to you about how the NBA currently works...

Pointless to talk about this shit league. Football please come back soon.

No one forced you to go into this thread.

• Upvote 2

Between this draft class and this upcoming free agency...

The NBA has the potential to not be a 2 horse race anymore. Durant can opt out, George can go wherever, and you have serious elite talent in this draft class for quite a few picks.

While I agree on this being a great draft, I'd be surprised if Durant leaves. He seems to love playing for the Warriors (and why wouldn't he). Also, Paul George isn't a free agent. Indy could definitely move him, but that's their call.

I would absolutely love it if CP3 goes to the Spurs... At least as a fan of the NBA. Although I'm also starting to think he's just cursed to never get to the finals.

Anyway, I really do hope this series ends tonight. I enjoy watching basketball as much as the next guy but I'm already emotionally prepared for the finals.

Honestly, I think LeBron is gonna bully Warriors. They have nobody who can stop him around the rim.Now that Kyrie has shown he can hit clutch shots and Kevin Love is finally being unitized correctly/ finally adjusted to playing with LeBron and Kyrie. I think the Cavs might do it.

KD and the Warriors look very focused and that they want to win more.

KD embarrassed LeDouche on both ends tonight and it showed... he's really stepped his game up... but let's see if he can do it for 3 more victories.

GS bullied CLE on the boards too... something I wasn't expecting... and they did a great job of not turning the ball over.

Warriors in transition are so deadly... and it blew my mind that the Cavs didn't understand the basic fundamentals of transition defense.

:bronbron: is like 1-7 all-time in Finals game ones. Really curious to see how Sunday plays out.

KD and the Warriors look very focused and that they want to win more.

KD embarrassed LeDouche on both ends tonight and it showed... he's really stepped his game up... but let's see if he can do it for 3 more victories.

GS bullied CLE on the boards too... something I wasn't expecting... and they did a great job of not turning the ball over.

Warriors in transition are so deadly... and it blew my mind that the Cavs didn't understand the basic fundamentals of transition defense.

Both of these things really surprised me too. The one fast break dunk by Durant in the 2nd quarter I think it was Shumpert didn't even try to foul him. Look I get that KD is an awesome free throw shooter but you can't just let somebody jam on you like that over and over. A lot of guys on that team weren't even trying it seemed like. Thought it would be a great game after the first quarter but turned it off a few minutes into the 3rd quarter.

Another thing that hurt Cleveland is shot selection and it's probably a big reason why they got killed on the boards. They were taking shots that weren't even open early in the clock for no reason and nobody had any time to get down the court and box out. You can't play anything but fundamentally sound against GS or they will kill you.

Also, I know it's not exactly a secret but man Klay Thompson is such a good defender. I respect the hell out of his game.

• Upvote 2

My Game 2 Analysis:

The Warriors in the first half kept playing sloppily on offense...

Kevin Love was going off, Lebron was going off... and GS was just playing silly turnovers... however the Cavs were making very very stupid fouls on Steph that entire first half. I understand trying to smother Steph because of how great a shooter he is... but his release is so quick and your first reaction is that you want to contest his shot... I get it... and the Cavs bit the bullet HARD in the first half by sending him to the line.

The Warriors defense was also phenomenal despite the turnovers. They really did well not letting any of the Cavs shooters getting into rhythm outside of Love.

Kyrie... looked worn out. He had a few good plays here and there but he was getting abused defensively.

One thing I didn't understand was the Cavs and not really using Iman Shumpert a whole lot. When he was in he at least slowed up KD.. better than how Lebron fared against him...

Speaking of Lebron. He worked his ass off for the first 3 quarters, but you could see in the 4th he was physically exhausted.

At one point when KD was the ball handler and Lebron wasn't his primary defender... he would run the pick and roll TO Lebron.

I can't remember the last time since Lebron's rookie season maybe that people even ATTEMPTED it. But the Warriors were going at him with no fear.

Exhaustion.

The Cavs really weathered the storm for 3 quarters but i'm not sure how... but the Warriors 4th quarter three's were devastating.

I'm not sure at this point the Cavs win a game... They played above average ball and the Warriors played a mediocre game.

KD had a good night but it's to be expected... Steph had a good night and Klay had a good night...

However Draymond still hasn't gone off ofensively and had a kind off night defensively and the Warriors bench didn't do a whole lot of contribution.

The Cavs are in trouble.

• Upvote 1

Lebron just setting up a 3-1 lead. He's got them right where he wants them.

• Upvote 1

The thing about that is...

You kinda have to win a game first.

The NBA has always been dominated by

​So you hate that everyone wants to play in a big market but think the NBA was better off when the Lakers and Celtics (two big market teams that combine for a majority of championships in NBA history) were dominating?

​The NBA is always going to be full of dominant players and teams, there's been very little parity in this league and it will stay that way most likely.

​As for the Finals, I honestly think the Warriors will sweep. Kevin Durant is a man on a mission with what could be the greatest supporting cast ever. I know the Cavs got 'em last year but I think Golden State is way better and Cleveland is not as good as last year. Maybe next year's Finals will be more interesting because it's hard to imagine it won't be another Warriors/Cavaliers one.

I agree.

Never really thought this was gonna be competitive, it took everything the Cavs had + an off-series from Steph to take it in 7 last year, this year GS added Durant, so Cleveland basically needs both KD and Curry to have offnights AND to play flawlessly themselves.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

The warriors were playing sloppy in the first half and all the Cavs could muster was to keep pace. They never really took advantage and paid for it in the 2nd half.

Also seeing the Warriors easily dunk for 2 pts while Lebrun and Kyrie are busy crying to the refs on the opposite end of the court is indicative of a lot.

You don't deserve anything in this series -- you have to take it. And that's what the Warriors are doing right now.

Edited by Banned4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Here's what I'm thinking about doing if I'm Cleveland this offseason. I'm thinking about a trade involving Boogie and Kyrie with NO. Kyrie is a really smooth offensive player but he's never going to be the guy to lead his team to a ring. While the Cavs have LeBron in his prime they should do whatever it takes to win rings because it's really their only chance. Once you go out and trade for Boogie, max him out and try to go get Lowry. Boogie, Love, LeBron and Lowry present a lot of match up issues for the Warriors. Cavs have the leverage to ask for picks too because 1 guy is under contract and the other isn't.

Kyrie and Anthony Davis would be fun and who knows? Maybe if they add some pieces they could be a force in the West. I think this deal could end up working out really well for both teams. No worries about Boogie acting up either with LeBron as the lead dog with the rings and MVP's to back it up.