blotsfan

2017 NBA Playoffs Thread

I9wdFh7.gif

MVP. MVP. MVP!

That was a great game. Warriors are just too good though. I don't know what the hell Kyrie was thinking in that possession towards the end. Inexcusable.

LeBron passed on some lay ups that had me scratching me head. They should have won that game. They needed to win that game and now they will be swept.

I don't know if I've ever seen LeBron exhausted like that. Gotta blame Lue for keeping his minutes so high

I don't know if I've ever seen LeBron exhausted like that. Gotta blame Lue for keeping his minutes so high

Did you watch the Cavs when LeBron went to the bench? They had no choice.

I meant throughout the season and playoffs

Also, this isn't a real championship. It's not even an accomplishment. It's collusion. It's severely eroded the quality of the league in just a year's time. I fucking hate it.

I get that Russ might be horrible to play with, but for fuck's sake, Durant just chickened out. He deserves no respect, and as far as I'm concerned still won't have a ring.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good thing Durant doesn't care what you think, and neither do the history books. This ring is just like any other. 16-0 in the playoffs, if it happens, is also quite an accomplishment.

Lay off the man. OKC wasn't good enough, they'd've never beaten the Cavs once they lost Harden.

This isn't a real championship, lmao. You're rather bitter there Bware.

I9wdFh7.gif

Classic example of the fine quality of defense in the NBA :yao:

I look forward to the incendiary debates among NBA fans this offseason about how this Finals tarnishes LeBron's legacy when in reality nobody would stand a chance against this Warriors team.

• Upvote 1

Durant gave Seattle/OKC a decade to build a better team around him, they never did

• Downvote 2

I mean, I understand why Durant left OKC but going to the team that knocked him out of the conference finals, to play on the same team as the dude who kicked him in the balls in that very series, is incredibly weak. He could have went home to DC, Boston or San Antonio and still competed for a title. KD on the Spurs could have beaten GS or Cleveland but could have lost to them too. Would have been a good series.

The whole playoffs and finals was pointless this year. I guess maybe bad luck played a part. Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker probably mean at least 1 win for the Spurs but still this sad. Nobody ever had a chance though. I feel like the Spurs should be able to merge rosters with the Rockets or something lol.

Definitely not weak. If he was some old guy who sucks and was just trying to be carried to a title... Maybe. But the dude is a fantastic player (duh) and doing some serious work in this series.

Also, is Lebron.. the GOAT... gonna be swept in the Finals for the 2nd time? Yeah, yeah. Team 1 was awful and team 2 is playing one amazing ass team... but still. Something about that doesn't sit well with me.

The sweeps don't bother me. Especially the first one. He wasn't in his prime yet and Jordan or Kobe in that stage of their career would have gotten swept too. As far as the Warriors go, even if LeBron went and dropped 60 on them they can put up 130 points in a game. Really don't see anyone else doing shit in his position. It's easy to say they would have closed the game out but he was fucking gassed. He did everything he could to keep them in the game.

The loss to the Mavs is the one that to me prevents him from even being in GOAT conversations. That one was inexcusable.

Classic example of the fine quality of defense in the NBA :yao:

As we would say on the blacktop..."Hand down, man down."

Hope the Warriors crush the Cavs tonight.

Commies = Cavs

Nazis = Warriors

The Cavs are such a shitty group and Lebron's old regime is coming to an end. As long as this Warriors team stays intact. LeDouche isn't going to do anything.

This is a perfect taste of his own medicine when he went with Wade and Bosh in their primes to a Heat team that was already good.

This move by KD is similar and while both moves are shitty, I'm glad LeDouche gets to bite the bullet from a principal HE created.

LeBron to the Warriors in 2018.

The sweeps don't bother me. Especially the first one. He wasn't in his prime yet and Jordan or Kobe in that stage of their career would have gotten swept too. As far as the Warriors go, even if LeBron went and dropped 60 on them they can put up 130 points in a game. Really don't see anyone else doing shit in his position. It's easy to say they would have closed the game out but he was fucking gassed. He did everything he could to keep them in the game.

The loss to the Mavs is the one that to me prevents him from even being in GOAT conversations. That one was inexcusable.

I disagree on the Mavs. They were like the 04 Pistons. They gelled perfectly as a team in the playoffs. They were the better overall team in that series

So Kerr was being honest or sarcastic?

You're a nut for that dude. The Pistons had way more talent than the Mavs did that year and they were one of the best defensive teams ever.They had comparable records but the Pistons made a mid-season trade for Rasheed Wallace and they pretty much ran the East for like 3-4 years after that. What did the Mavs do after that title?

• Upvote 1

If Durant was being carried by Curry and Thompson then I'd call this a weak ring, but he's the best player on the floor and he is leading this team to a championship.

​People can hate on Durant all they want, but as a FA his only two choices were to take the money and accept not winning a title in his prime or go to the team that gives him the supporting cast to win multiple titles. I think it's an easy call and one people will get over in time, I mean people have gotten over the extreme LeBron hate when he jumped ship to Miami. People complain when players chase money and they whine when they chase rings. Durant didn't want to be remembered with Westbrook as the Stockton/Malone of our era, he wanted glory and he's going to get it. Good for him.

If Durant was being carried by Curry and Thompson then I'd call this a weak ring, but he's the best player on the floor and he is leading this team to a championship.

​People can hate on Durant all they want, but as a FA his only two choices were to take the money and accept not winning a title in his prime or go to the team that gives him the supporting cast to win multiple titles. I think it's an easy call and one people will get over in time, I mean people have gotten over the extreme LeBron hate when he jumped ship to Miami. People complain when players chase money and they whine when they chase rings. Durant didn't want to be remembered with Westbrook as the Stockton/Malone of our era, he wanted glory and he's going to get it. Good for him.

Just going to the team that beat him when the Thunder should have won and playing with the dude who kicked him in the balls is weak and he could have went to several different teams that gave him an opportunity to win a championship. You don't think he'd have had a shot playing with Kawhi and Popovic? Durant/Leonard/Pop would have been awesome to watch go against The Warriors with the team that they had last year and would have been awesome to see against the Cavs if they beat the Warriors. Durant to Washington makes the Wizards a threat to the Cavs in the East. It was weak and there's really no debate about it in my eyes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1