blotsfan

2017 NBA Playoffs Thread

Boy do I hate Zaza. Jesus.

I disagree on the Mavs. They were like the 04 Pistons. They gelled perfectly as a team in the playoffs. They were the better overall team in that series

So Kerr was being honest or sarcastic?

He was being sarcastic as hell. And I love it.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Green, Jackson and Van Gundy are the best announce team in any sport though right?

Just going to the team that beat him when the Thunder should have won and playing with the dude who kicked him in the balls is weak and he could have went to several different teams that gave him an opportunity to win a championship. You don't think he'd have had a shot playing with Kawhi and Popovic? Durant/Leonard/Pop would have been awesome to watch go against The Warriors with the team that they had last year and would have been awesome to see against the Cavs if they beat the Warriors. Durant to Washington makes the Wizards a threat to the Cavs in the East. It was weak and there's really no debate about it in my eyes.

​What does it matter who beat him in the playoffs? Iggy did the same thing years ago after the Nuggets lost to the Warriors in the playoffs. Also, for what it's worth the Spurs not only didn't have the flexibility to make Durant a realistic possibility, I don't think he'd fit in there as well as he has in Golden State with them already having a star at the same position. Plus, why is it okay to join one contender but not another? One is weak sauce and one is not, it's just you cherry picking things to make a flimsy argument. Fans just get butthurt over super teams but they've always existed and always will because more often than not having multiple stars is the best way to a championship. You don't hear whining about Moses Malone jumping ship to the proven 76ers and dominating the league for a title in 1983 (they swept the Magic/Kareem Lakers in the Finals after being beaten by them the year before, sounds familiar huh?), and the whining over Durant going to Golden State will dissipate just as the Malone hate has and even the LeBron hate.

Boy do I hate Zaza. Jesus.

He was being sarcastic as hell. And I love it.

I mean, sure, some of that was sarcasm, but to say that players are less skilled in general is pure, 100% truth.

​What does it matter who beat him in the playoffs? Iggy did the same thing years ago after the Nuggets lost to the Warriors in the playoffs. Also, for what it's worth the Spurs not only didn't have the flexibility to make Durant a realistic possibility, I don't think he'd fit in there as well as he has in Golden State with them already having a star at the same position. Plus, why is it okay to join one contender but not another? One is weak sauce and one is not, it's just you cherry picking things to make a flimsy argument. Fans just get butthurt over super teams but they've always existed and always will because more often than not having multiple stars is the best way to a championship. You don't hear whining about Moses Malone jumping ship to the proven 76ers and dominating the league for a title in 1983 (they swept the Magic/Kareem Lakers in the Finals after being beaten by them the year before, sounds familiar huh?), and the whining over Durant going to Golden State will dissipate just as the Malone hate has and even the LeBron hate.

First off, I think that rule is different for role players like Iggy. Second, I think the whole if you can't beat 'em, join 'em thing is lame. It's just my opinion. I don't think joining the Spurs is the same as joining a team that had dominated the league for the last two years in a row. Third, the Spurs could just stick Kawhi at the 2 and not skip a beat offensively or defensively. Also, Malone signing with the Sixers at that point would be more like Durant signing with the Clippers some how. Sixers got to the finals and lost a couple times before adding Malone. The Durant hate will fade but he will always be slighted for joining the Warriors when talking about the All time greats probably even if he wins like 5 titles with them.

Cavs have to play like that to beat GS? :yao:

GS going hoist the trophy at home now :yep:

• Upvote 1

Cavs have to play like that to beat GS? :yao:

GS going hoist the trophy at home now :yep:

And you were right.

Congrats to the Warriors on title 2 in 3 years and 5th overall. That was a hell of a playoff run.

Edited by BigBen07

First off, I think that rule is different for role players like Iggy. Second, I think the whole if you can't beat 'em, join 'em thing is lame. It's just my opinion. I don't think joining the Spurs is the same as joining a team that had dominated the league for the last two years in a row. Third, the Spurs could just stick Kawhi at the 2 and not skip a beat offensively or defensively. Also, Malone signing with the Sixers at that point would be more like Durant signing with the Clippers some how. Sixers got to the finals and lost a couple times before adding Malone. The Durant hate will fade but he will always be slighted for joining the Warriors when talking about the All time greats probably even if he wins like 5 titles with them.

​There is no rule, it's all made up by fans. Durant was free to sign where he pleases. I fail to see how Malone going to 76ers is more comparable to going to the Clippers, the 76ers won 58 games and made it to the Finals in 1982 and then signed the league MVP and won 65 games en route to a dominating title. It's very similar to Durant, a team with stars needing another piece to get over the top.

​Also, congrats to the Warriors on another championship. How unselfish they played this season was remarkable.

Idk what the Cavs changed in games 4 and 5, but if they had played like that the whole series we might have had an interesting Finals.

Instead, we got one good game out of all 5. Yay NBA playoffs.

Cavs had to set records to beat the Warriors just once...at home. It was fluke/unsustainable.

Kevin Love was terrible in Game 5... Almost to the point where I think if they had even an OK player in that spot that they might've won that game. They should've tossed him a long time ago.

I actually am happy for KD, and hope to see him continuing to do well. I hate Cleveland and only root for them because of LBJ... So I don't particularly care that they lost, as long as LBJ played well.

• Upvote 1

​There is no rule, it's all made up by fans. Durant was free to sign where he pleases. I fail to see how Malone going to 76ers is more comparable to going to the Clippers, the 76ers won 58 games and made it to the Finals in 1982 and then signed the league MVP and won 65 games en route to a dominating title. It's very similar to Durant, a team with stars needing another piece to get over the top.

​Also, congrats to the Warriors on another championship. How unselfish they played this season was remarkable.

Last year the WCF and the Finals were fucking incredible. Two seven game series. Two come backs from down three. A bunch of amazing games. This year there was no competition. It was a fucking JOKE.

So how many people here agree with what seems to be the concessus by the media?

Which is that all's forgiven and KD has elevated his status by winning finals MVP.

I think it's amusing that LeDouche says he never played for a superteam...

When he joined Wade in his prime and while Chris Bosh was a top talent at the PF position.

Then he wants to bash the Warriors for what they did... he's mad because he finally got beat at the concept he tried to do years ago.

This is why you should always hate LeDouche. The arrogance of this pussy is ridiculous. He forgets that without Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving he'd be 1-7 with his sole win against a very VERY young Thunder team with Westbrook, KD, and Harden just getting into the league.

Understatement. Bosh was probably a top 10 player while he was in Toronto.

Oh so we all hate LeBron again?

Other than atl. He's at least been consistently stupid in his hatred of LeBron.

• Upvote 1

People hate greatness

I guess I should rephrase it. I don't care if you hate LeBron. That's sports.

Saying LeBron is anything other than one of the best few players in NBA history is absurd and you're an objectively inferior person for thinking that.

Edited by blotsfan

Last year the WCF and the Finals were fucking incredible. Two seven game series. Two come backs from down three. A bunch of amazing games. This year there was no competition. It was a fucking JOKE.

​That happens in every sport. Was the NFL doomed after the Seahawks embarrassed the Broncos in the Super Bowl years back? It doesn't need to be 7 game series everywhere to be fun.