Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

How'd your team do?

Pretty self explanatory. If you're a Bears fan I feel for you lol.

Derek Barnett: I loved the first pick. he was very very high on my list of players I wanted at 14. Eagles got 16.5 sacks out of their DE's last year. I know a lot of people didn't think DE was a big need for the Eagles but I would have to disagree

Sidney Jones: I was and still am mixed on this pick. I think the upside is through the roof. Jones was pretty damn close the number 1 guy I wanted in the first pre injury. If the Eagles were willing to take him in the 2nd with a ton of good CB's still on the board their medical team must have been optimistic on him. I don't want to see him on the field this year even if he's healthy. I'd rather have him get a full off season under his belt and be 100% sure his achilles is ready. Going forward though he could be an elite CB. Having said all that we need all the help at CB we can get this year and taking a guy who shouldn't play kinda sucks.

Rasul Douglas: There were other players at the time that I wanted over Douglas. Wasn't big on him during the evaluation process that I went through in my arm chair scouting for the mock game but scheme fit wise he's exactly what Jim Schwartz wants in his corners. His play style will also go well with a good pass rush. QB's throwing his way off target or rushed could be in trouble. Douglas is just a play maker.

Mack Hollins: I'm warming on this pick too. PFF seems to love him. He's an explosive player. Good Height/Weight/Speed guy who had a ridiculous ypc in college. Considering Mike Gross's track record with big WR's I'm optimistic. This pick might have been a reach but there's definitely potential there.

Donnel Pumphrey: This is another one where I have mixed feelings. The Eagles needed a starting RB. Ryan Matthews won't be here next year and I just haven't seen anything out of any of these other guys on the roster that tells me that they can be that kind of player. As much as I love how explosive Pumphrey is, he's 170 lbs. I'm very skeptical as to whether he can hold up to the punishment in the NFL

Shelton Gibson: Another explosive guy who stretches the field. It's clear the Eagles want to make more big plays next year. You can see where they want to go by the players they drafted. This offense is going to look a lot different than it did last year. Gibson is going to offer more than most of the guys we had last year so I'm all for it.

Nate Gerry: Apparently he's going to be a LB here. I don't know anything about him. I'll reserve judgement from now. We do need a weak side LB so I guess it's an ok pick in the 6th round

Elijah Qualls: Big Body in the middle of the defense. It's a 7th round pick so I mean there's really not too much you can be mad about at this point in the draft. The Eagles have a lot of guys competing at DT and that can only be a good thing. Maybe if one of those guys show something Jernigan walks and gets paid somewhere else? idk

• Upvote 1

:Rams: of course

Gerald Everett - I'm not huge on Everett, but he's a starting caliber TE with good jump ball ability and receiving skills overall. He's not going to see much time as an in-line blocker, but he gives Goff a big target to play with.

Cooper Kupp - I hate Kupp's game. Overrated possession receiver who has inconsistent hands and no separation skills. He's been drafted as a consistent target for Goff, but I don't like it at all. He's our #4 guy or worse IMO.

John Johnson - Love the Johnson pick. We lost McLeod and McDonald, so we had to bolster our safety group. Johnson is a great run stuffer who has decent range. Him and Joyner are a fine safety duo.

Josh Reynolds - Another overrated wideout with iffy hands who is overhyped due to HWS. He's a depth guy.

Samson Ebukam - Great OLB who plays with athleticism. He can drop into coverage or rush the passer. He's a solid overall prospect, and one of the biggest upside guys in this class.

Tanzel Smart - Depth player at DT. Mediocre player who plays small in run game and doesn't penetrate getting after passer.

Sam Rogers - Top FB in the draft. Love the move to put him out there in front of Gurley to open up holes. He's a bruiser.

Ejuan Price - My #2 guy overall and I nearly ejaculated on stream. He's incredible with his technique and plays twitched up as hell. The measurables are awful, but the tape is immaculate. I think he starts.

• Upvote 1

Love the 1st 2 picks rest is eiffy as hell

But I liked we picked up Tyler Orlsky C from WVU as a UDFA

I like Price too but where does he fit with the Rams? He won't start. Not this year but he could flash in a pass rush rotation for sure.

In JRob I Trust

I was a little surprised we only took one defensive back, and that we took two olinemen, we're gonna be cutting some good olinemen at the end of August, I really don't know enough about the prospects to comment specifically, but I do like that we were able to move around a lot late to get in position to grab players we wanted, so that paired with a front office that I don't feel like I need to second guess is enough to leave me happy with our draft overall

:Raiders:

1. Gareon Conley/DB - It seems to be more and more that this guy is ready to put all this rape shit behind him is is more than willing to cooperate with authorities in the investigation. With that said, I'm rooting for the guy and I can see him doing very well for us. Top 15 Talent that we got at 24.

2. Obi Melifonwu/DB - This one strikes home for me as he is from Nigeria just like me. An athletic freak that is raw in his game but he should be the answer for our defense's issue with TE's. Has a lot of potential and can def be moved around. Love this pick the most.

3. Eddie Vanderdoes/DT - Very indifferent on the pick. I get when he came back he was overweight but he was also coming off an ACL injury so it limits things a little... Senior Bowl he looked like a monster. Not really a fan but we will see.

4. David Sharpe/OT - First things first, this guy is not near blind in one eye. He had a cataract removed when he was younger. Secondly... this man is a mammoth 6'6 345 with a 35 and 3/8 reach. A mountain that will def fight for a spot at RT. With Mike Tice I love any lineman that size and with our current unit... I know they will get him moving in the right direction and get after his potential.

5. Marquel Lee/LB - Didn't really look at him a whole lot before so really don't have a huge read on him. From what I can see and gather... he is going to be the best MLB on our team... which isn't saying much. But he knows what the fuck he's doing and is very very agressive at the LOS and I love that. Coverage we will work on. Special teams I can see him doing well.

Now.... here's where I cream my pants

We traded back to have FOUR seventh rounders. Clearly, Reggie saw value.. and boy... did he deliver.

7a. SHALOM 'MOTHERFUCKING' LUANI/DB

Man when I heard this pick live I lost it. I am excited. Incredibly excited... second to obi. I love this guy. Love his passion for the game and his work ethic. Addressed our secondary with this draft and we topped it off with Shalom and I think people will hear his name quite a bit.

7b. Jylan Ware/OT

Tall lanky raw prospect. Tice will coach him up, just like he did with Vadal last year. Our offensive line is the heart of the team and he should fit right in.

7c. Elijah Hood/RB

What a fucking steal to say the least. Was surprised he was even available yet. Big boy back. The kind of back I wanted us to get. North/South Runner that has decent burst and refuses to go down on the first hit and always keeps his momentum going forward. Patient with blockers too. Hopefully... he learns a thing or two from Marshawn.

7d. Treyvon Hester/ DT

Practice squad. Very raw. As our last pick of the seventh round should be.

• Upvote 1

LOVE most of the Packers draft.

Kevin King -- We traded back and still got a huge, physical, high motor corner that might come in and be a #1 right away because Shields is gone and nobody else grabbed the role last year.

Josh Jones -- Versatile player who is basically gonna be taking over for Micah Hyde playing a little corner, a little safety, and probably a little linebacker as well in nickel packages. Again.. another high energy, high motor guy in the secondary. LOVE the pick.

Martavius Adams -- Meh. Inconsistent motor which is maybe one of the traits I hate most, especially for a 3rd rounder. I am not sure he will see the field much in 2017 but whatever.

Vince Biegel -- Also Meh. Again, I am not sure how much of a shot he will be given this year, depends on what he shows in camp, but I'd rather see what Fackrell and Jayrone Elliot can do before we give Biegel as chance as a rookie. Basically should be a redshirt year for him, again, unless he explodes in camp.

Jamaal Williams -- Love the talent, but injury issues kind of concern me.

DeAngelo Yancey -- Guy I picked in our mock draft. Love him as a sleeper WR.. Love the way he moves, his production, size.. Everything. He had garbage helping him in Purdue so his overall numbers aren't as impressive as his skill set. Packers WR corps is PACKED so not sure what he will contribute this year, but Ted and the Packers ALWAYS have guys in the pipeline at WR ready to take over. Jordy is getting older, Davante is a FA next year, and Cobb is way overpaid for the production he supplies... This WR group could look very different in a year or two, and Yancey may be the head of the resurgence.

Aaron Jones -- Again, a RB with an iffy injury history but I like the talent. Packers have depth at RB like they haven't had in maybe all of McCarthy's tenure.

Kofi Amichia -- No idea who this is, but he's likely to be one of the Packers experimental Oline guys. Some make it, most don't. Never heard of him, so can't say anything about his talent or lack thereof.

Devante Mays -- an injury riddled RB.. sound familiar? I like his size, but don't know much else. One of these guys has to stick, right? Right?

Malachi Dupre -- Another WR I took in the mock draft, love Dupre's game and attitude. Just like Yancey, he's been part of terrible teams with gross QBing, so his stats aren't anything special. But fuck stats, watch the tape and I like what I see. Again... WR is PACKED, so not sure of his impact this year, but he will be given every opportunity to move forward.

----

Overall, Packers addressed every major need I layed out for them and took care of needs next year with potential FAs if we choose not to retain certain players. Got impact, high energy secondary players on Day 2 and splashy big play offensive weapons on Day 3 -- exactly what Green Bay needed.

Love this group, for the most part, and am excited for them. With so many picks though, I find it unlikely they all make the final roster. Should be an interesting cut down process.

• Upvote 1

Terrible, garbage, worst draft ever, 0-16 imminent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Terrible, garbage, worst draft ever, 0-16 imminent.

YOU GOT THE BEST QB WITH THE LAST PICK

Highway robbery. I can't even imagine how much coke Elway is snorting rn laughing at the incompetence of every team but the Browns.

• Downvote 1

19-O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama Great value at 19, the guy is definitely a top 10 player in the draft and gives us an explosive weapon in the middle of the field and a top end blocker as well. Our TEs have usually been good at one or the other, so getting a guy who can do both is exciting.

​50-Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M Seems like a talented kid, but he is the hard hitting thumper type and that gives me flashbacks and nightmares of the god awful Dashon Goldson/Mark Barron combo. He's athletic and honestly not that bad in coverage but I hear a lot about poor tackling and technique. I'm not jumping for joy at all but I'm done bashing the kid, I'll let him play.

​84-Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State Like this dude a lot, he's excellent at contested catches and jump balls despite only being 6'1 and he has deceptive speed. We could use as many weapons as possible so I'm glad to have him.

​107 Kendell Beckwith, LB, LSU Seems like a pretty good two down thumper of a backer who had a nice college career before his injury. Hopefully he's healthy and can contribute because we need some linebackers outside of David and Alexander.

162-Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State Another Boise back for the Bucs, he was productive in college and has some potential and there could be a chance to earn snaps.

​223-Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, DT, USC Huge run stuffing guy in the middle, if he makes the team and makes snaps as a run stuffer then heck yeah.

Pretty ok with the draft. Thought pretty high of the first pick, I'm personally a fan of Golladay, and I drafted Michael Roberts in the fantasy draft, so I'm a looking forward to seeing him play. I LOVED the Kaaya pick simply because hopefully it means the Lions will eventually be getting rid of Dan and or Rudock.

Overall I'd say the Lions get about a B to B+.

Was a little baffled with the decision to not target at least one defensive lineman, but I don't really buy drafting for needs anyway.

OH NO, THE LIONS SUCK AGAIN.

Except for the fact that they've always sucked.

• Downvote 1

Better than your team did.

- Acquired Brandin Cooks for pick #32

- Acquired Kony Ealy for pick #64

- Acquired Dwayne Allen for #137

- Surrendered #163 for signing Mike Gillislee

- Traded away #175 for Barkevious Mingo, a key ST'er in NE's SB run last season

- Traded away #215 for Kyle Van Noy, who was solid for LB depth and made an impact in SB 51

The four players the Pats drafted are pure gravy. Word is BB and Caserio spent most of the weekend playing beer pong in the war room.

https://twitter.com/espn960sports/status/770748673743425536

Bill got him as a UDFA this year. :troll:

CD48FyWWAAANlW2.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

OH NO, THE LIONS SUCK AGAIN.

Except for the fact that they've always sucked.

Lying to yourself won't make them actually suck...

Also the Lions made the decision to take Davis over Foster. This is going to be the overwhelming topic of conversation. Especially if Foster plays better.

Lying to yourself won't make them actually suck...

Also the Lions made the decision to take Davis over Foster. This is going to be the overwhelming topic of conversation. Especially if Foster plays better.

Boy you already know he will.

You heard it here first. Foster has a better career than Davis in terms of FF's, Sacks, INT's, QB Pressures, QB Hits and PD's. Also just looking at his career from a pure football stand point as well.

• Upvote 1

Better than your team did.

- Acquired Brandin Cooks for pick #32

- Acquired Kony Ealy for pick #64

- Acquired Dwayne Allen for #137

- Surrendered #163 for signing Mike Gillislee

- Traded away #175 for Barkevious Mingo, a key ST'er in NE's SB run last season

- Traded away #215 for Kyle Van Noy, who was solid for LB depth and made an impact in SB 51

The four players the Pats drafted are pure gravy. Word is BB and Caserio spent most of the weekend playing beer pong in the war room.

https://twitter.com/espn960sports/status/770748673743425536

Bill got him as a UDFA this year. :troll:

CD48FyWWAAANlW2.jpg

I begged you because I hate your team and everything you and they stand for. Go fuck yourself Phil. lol

Colts pleased me.....6 of 8 picks were D. I truly believe the board fell that way, but I imagine that at least two picks had an "O" and a "D" player in the same small tier and chose the D because of need. Chris Ballard has a theme ....length, size, speed, big hands.

Malik Hooker: The Colts had 7 int's as a team last year. He had 6 picks in his first season starting and four were returned for the house...though one was decleated by a penalty. He has special length and sees the ball as "His" when it's in the air. Needs to learn pro route runners and take better angles. Outstanding young man. I like this pick at 15 immensely. Only the second time in Indianapolis they have taken a S in the first round. The other.....Bob Sanders.

Quincy Wilson: Only the second time the Colts have drafted a corner in the five year Pagano window (Although Davis was a FA that was acquired through a pick). Bout fucking time we cared for the secondary of this defense. He's a large corner, can play from multiple depths, and gave up the lowest QB rating in the SEC last season. I was on the edge of pleasure with the Hooker pick...had to change my underwear after Wilson.

Tarell Basham: Mac player, steady increase in production, can get to the QB. Probably comes off the edge and plays strongside at just over 250. I was hoping for better pressure in the first 3 picks, but the quality of the first two picks will perhaps give the front end another second or two by this time next year. I sighed some relief with this pick.

Zach Banner: A cab ride to get around, this guy has rare size and length. I have watched every interview since his selection and I came away impressed. I think he is focused on keeping his weight down, and should be our RT of the future. At 6'8" and tre fitty, he is a big dude. Smart, funny, and might end up being that "glue" that binds the line down the road. Once locked on, he can take guys out of the zip code. Predraft interview with Cowherd....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2BDmZo0_Eo

Marlon Mack: Thanks god we finally got a RB. Fast, can catch the ball, hard worker. Good lateral speed when cutting. Should spell Gore a bit while learning protection at the next level. Has to get better at securing, but he is a legit home run threat. Needs to watch Gore get the 4 yard needed rather than dance for glory.

more later........

Edited by Warhorse
  • Upvote 2

Personally, Texans did pretty good.

R1. Deshaun Watson QB

Was going to be contending for top QB on the board if he had come out last season. Has that intangible called "desire to win". Could be good, bad or in the middle. Odds are in the middle which will be better than most of the offerings over the last few years.

R2. Zach Cunningham. LB

Was projected to go well into the first round. To get him at 57 is a steal. Looks like he will be Brian Cushing's replacement when he pulls the plug.

R3. D'onta Foreman RB.

Not a complete back, and had 6 fumbles last season but will be the thunder to Lamar Miller's lightning.

R4. Julien Davenport OT.

For mine, plenty raw, but has several pundits intrigued. Wait and see for me - likely a year away.

Texans BADLY needed OT help, but waited for R4. Must have contingency plans up sleeve.

R4b. Carlos Watkins DT.

Another one projected to go much higher which is likely why Texans pulled the trigger on him. But, Texans have let Wifork walk, so (big guy up front) may have been in the plan.

R5. Treston Decoud CB.

Texans lost two DB's in the offseason so was a PON pick. Has good upside but needs some coaching.

R7. Kyle Fuller OT.

Another one projected to go higher (R6.) and is intriguing. With Derek Newton not likely to return from dual patella breaks, RT is crucial - Texans take two from this draft but they will need developing. A little odd as they will likely need to pick up a vet anyway.

I like this draft - it addressed the key position and also snagged a young gun back to help him out (a la Cowboys). Scoring some steals along the way added some extra cream on top.

Has to be one of the better drafts (if not the best) from Smith.

Edited by Wattafan
  • Upvote 1

As a Beaver fan, I have followed Decoud. He is another underrated corner from Corvallis.

• Upvote 1

As a Beaver fan

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1