Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Four Major Rule Changes Pass

-- Overtime has been cut from 15 minutes to 10 minutes

-- The 75 man cut down in preseason has been eliminated. Teams will go from 90 to 53 in one day.

-- The NFL is loosening up on celebration penalties.

-- Teams can now bring back 2 players from IR midseason instead of 1.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/nfl-owners-approve-rule-change-to-shorten-overtime/

I like these changes for the most part. Loosening up on celebrations makes the game more fun for everyone, making overtime shorter may incentivize teams to not play for OT at all, and we're one tep closer to having a 15 day DL like in baseball.

The 90 to 53 man cut seems a bit much but that is just me.

• Upvote 1

Loosening up on celebrations makes the game more fun for everyone

Perhaps not everyone..... I really appreciate you as a poster...and no offense, but I try and refrain from speaking for others. A common example is..."We all know this defense sucks", or "No one wants this QB under center".

All good, but I personally find celebrating to be a display of selfish, look at me behavior. I find celebrations to be distracting from the game. But I dont feel that my way of thinking is the right way...just my way. As all things in life, it isn't in the average person that rules are stretched until something has to be changed...it is in the 5%. I may be wrong, but this may get out of hand...not by the majority, but by the 5%, and they might need to scale it back soon enough. Hope to hell I am wrong.....

a3ff0eedb25c1d3e9f01ef58409a79f4.jpg

Edited by Warhorse

Right, if the celebration delays the game, it should be penalized for exactly that: delay of game.