Who comes out on top? AFC South Edition

Where does the west wind blow  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC South?

• Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Tennessee Titans

Time for another one of these topics. The AFC South has always been a mysterious division since Peyton Manning left for greener pastures. The Texans are the defending champions and they have the smothering defense to back it up, but they're challenged by the young offenses of the Colts and the Titans. The Jaguars are there too I guess... So, who ends up taking the division this year?

Personally I lean towards the Titans, I think they did a good job of strengthening up their secondary, and giving a powerful run game for Marcus Mariota to manage. I don't see the Texans competing with a rookie QB, the Colts broke Andrew Luck, and the Jaguars are... bad until proven otherwise.

Tennessee looks primed to take this division, the rest of the teams should be competitive though. I can see Luck carrying the Colts to the title or the Texans remaining steadfast with better QB play (Savage), or maybe Watson can make a RG3-like impact early on. Jags ????

Healthy Mariota means likely Titans. But I'll die on the "Jags have talent" hill.

If Luck's frayed Labrum is not serious, I see the Colts regaining some muscle in the division. It's still a paper tiger, but the defense looks to have some upside. It can't get worse...can it?

Titans are very solid. It really is about MM's ability to make that next leap. Texans? Let's see what Watt brings back and what they have at the QB. I still am not sure about the Jags. I do think it is going to be a really bitter competition in this division. I am counting on at least one "drop the sticks and swing" moment in each division game. Ooops, that hockey.

the Colts will always be the superior team in that division over the long haul.

the other teams will get the occasional early round playoff loss.

this will never change.

Didn't Colts win SB last year?

Hmm...the Colts became relevant after the move from the east coast with Jones to Carr, Captain Comeback, and then with Peyton....and this is a result of league interest?

I remember us sucking big time. We were the spot where old vets came to die.

Houston Defense has been a top 5 unit for awhile now and if Watson can start they will win the division again but should be a close race between them and Tennessee....

Jacksonville is what they are the improved on defense but still have Blake Bortles at QB.....

Indianapolis is awful they have a good qb but no supporting cast on offense or Defense to help him out

I like the Titans here...

Great O-line, with great backs and Delanie and defensively... that front 7 will keep them in games, the question for them is the secondary.

Texans offense is just too inconsistent at QB and they don't have enough playmakers on offense.

The Texans had an elite defense WITHOUT Watt last year and I think if any rookie QB from this class can excel it's Watson. The kid has no fear and an offense with weapons. They won't have to score a lot of points just like they didn't last year but I think they're better offensively than they were last year when they won the division.

Titans taking it. If we stay heathly we can win 11 games. That's the target for this year.