seanbrock

How Many Games Will The Eagles Win?

Eagles Win Total  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many games do the Eagles win?

Apparently they're hoping it's a partial tear. Would that be a sprain? Eagles can clinch the #1 seed with 2 more wins and they play the Giants, Raiders and Cowboys. I think it's plausible they could win two of those games with Foles and then Maybe with the bye they have enough time for Carson to come back? Man this sucks lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000891467/article/carson-wentz-suffered-torn-acl-in-win-over-rams?campaign=fb-nf-sf175993216-sf175993216&sf175993216=1

Carson Wentz suffered torn ACL in win over Rams

In the blink of an eye, the NFL has lost one of its brightest young stars for the rest of the season.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson confirmed Monday that second-year quarterback Carson Wentz suffered a season-ending knee injury on Sunday, tearing his left ACL in Philadelphia's 43-35 win over the Los Angeles Rams.

Wentz injured the knee on a third-quarter scrambling dive into the end zone, a touchdown that was called back because of holding penalty on tackle Lane Johnson. The second-year starting quarterback was hit by a pair of Rams defenders on the run.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson told reporters he believed the injury occurred right before the hit on Wentz.

"It appears watching the film again today it was actually before the contact so it could be a non-contact deal," Pederson said. "But that's just what it appears like on tape."

Wentz courageously played through the pain for another four snaps, ultimately finding Alshon Jeffery for a 2-yard touchdown on fourth-and-goal. After the drive, Wentz retreated to the locker room, giving way to backup Nick Foles, who led the team to a pair of field goal drives and the costly victory.

The loss of Wentz is dark and devastating for a team sitting atop the NFC. A viable MVP candidate, the big-bodied passer was enjoying a breakout campaign for the ages, throwing for a league-leading and franchise-record 33 touchdowns to just seven interceptions.

For all the ways Wentz scattered opponents with his powerful arm, dazzling mobility and aggressive feats of daring-do, the young quarterback came into his own this season as one of the game's premier pre-snap magicians.

Wentz has shown beyond-his-years ability to dissect defensive looks, play with pace, catch opponents off guard and pinpoint the ideal moment to strike downfield. These qualities can't be masked over by even the finest backup.

Foles is an experienced signal-caller -- 20-16 as an NFL starter -- and surrounded by a top-shelf roster, but the Eagles simply aren't the same team without their irreplaceable leader.

"We overcame a Pro Bowl left tackle [Jason Peters]. We overcame a middle linebacker [Jordan Hicks)," Perderson said. "We've overcome a core special teams player, our kicker this year. This is no different. Yeah, he is the quarterback of our football team and each one of these guys is tough to replace, but the reason we went out and got Nick Foles is for reasons like this, for situations like this. I'm excited for Nick obviously. I hate it for Carson Wentz; I hate it for the career and the season he's been having but at the same time it's been the next man up mentality and that's how we approach it this week."

With games left against the Giants, Raiders and Cowboys, Philadelphia is talented enough to run the table and command home-field advantage. Where they go from there, though, is tough to imagine with Wentz saddled in the distance.

During a season soiled by endless quarterback injuries and off-the-field drama, losing Wentz serves as a pre-Christmas sucker punch to the belly of any fan who adores fine quarterback play. He will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. 2017 Iggles...

Edited by FartWaffles

Im not worried about Giants,Raiders but week 17 we should have players benched against Dallas so it wont matter for that game but Against New Orleans,Atlanta,Minnesota Im a Extremely worried

Edited by WeaponX20

I don't think the Eagles should bench everyone the last week. Maybe do it more like a pretty season game and give them a half of work but I don't like giving the team two weeks off. Sit guys who aren't 100% but this team can't come out flat if they're going to beat a playoff team without Wentz.

Jones and Sanu against that Eagles secondary? Game over

The Eagles secondary is actually pretty damn good. Elite safety tandem and they're like 4 guys at CB that can play and have had a lot of snaps. A couple of rough games at the end of the year does not a season make. The Eagles have surrendered 45 points in their last 5 home games. I'm not saying the Eagles should be favored but if you think the Eagles are going to get destroyed or they have no chance against the Falcons, you might be in for a rude awakening. If Pederson realizes he's playing with a back up QB and doesn't throw the ball 45 times we could definitely win this game.

Jones and Sanu against that Eagles secondary? Game over

I don't get you, Bware. You've been saying the Eagles have easy wins for months now, and that the only way they lose is if they play down to their opponents, and suddenly you're petrified of Atlanta?

• Upvote 2

I don't get you, Bware. You've been saying the Eagles have easy wins for months now, and that the only way they lose is if they play down to their opponents, and suddenly you're petrified of Atlanta?

While he talked about the Philly defense, I think he lost confidence in Philly when his boy went down (which in fairness is entirely understandable)

There's no question that the Eagles are significantly worse off without Wentz but the Eagles are capable of shutting down any offense. They have multiple players who can defend TE's and RB's out of the back field. They're a dominant run defense, they have a good slot CB and against a WR like Jones, I believe they can essentially scheme him out of the game. It's all just a matter of who executes.

Can the Falcons offense run wild in Philly? Absolutely, they have a good veteran QB and tons of weapons but I'll be shocked if a dome team comes in and dominates a defense that has been so good at home in the cold. I'm more worried about the Falcons defense forcing Foles to turn the ball over or getting Pederson to abandon the run early.

Not speaking in absolutes as much as I'm extremely pessimistic about the Eagles chances this weekend. I mean, if Doug Peterson was literally trying to not show too much over the past couple of weeks, I'd understand that, but how in the hell can Foles suck so much with all those weapons at his disposal? Or does Wentz elevate his teammates that much? Hard to believe one guy can change so much.

And I don't think your Philly's secondary is that good at the corner position. I don't see either Julio or Sanu having much trouble getting open unless your front 7 can completely contain Freeman and Coleman by themselves, and I think they'll have more trouble than expected with the run.

Seans drugs make him prophetic :wut:

wrong thread

Edited by Bay

I started this just trolling in the off-season :yao:

I'd be lying if I saw this shit coming but this thread has made it just a little sweeter lol

GA got me hype. Who's ready for a repeat? Who called his own shot? Bow down and kiss the ring. The champs are here and back better than ever. Learn to fucking love it.

This thread is fun to read from the beginning.

• Upvote 1