Piggly Wiggly

Bitter cunts check in

The Pats' rings each have 283 diamonds. :yao:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wish I had 4 thumbs so I could give this thread 4 thumbs down. Fuck the Pats and fuck the corporate world.

I used to hate the patriots, but to be honest, you have to respect greatness. I dont like the pats but I love greatness and well, what other word could you use. I still think without Bill Parcells there is no Bill Belichik, but knowledge is cumulative like that and Bill learned all he could and then some, so he has to be the GOAT.

• Upvote 1

The Pats' rings each have 283 diamonds. :yao:

Best part of this thread. Lol

• Upvote 1

but those are Giants rings too,yes?

greatness has nothing to do with running around and catching balls. Its not an important skill.

Well, I mean if you are a WR or QB in the NFL running around and catching football like only 4 or 5 people in the history of the planet would be a great skill.

But who knew, the world is better off not having some completely arbitrary and singular way of measuring greatness. Instead we have you, way better...

lots of assumptions here. only 4 or 5 guys? .you can find plenty of jocks capable of it on earth.

again, catching a ball is not a skill no matter how good a guy looks doing it.

its just watching people work out with silly costumes on

There are not 4 or 5 guys on earth that can do it better than Julio Jones or Antonio Brown.

skill
[skil]

NOUN
the ability to do something well; expertise:
"difficult work, taking great skill"
a particular ability:
"the basic skills of cooking"
synonyms: ability · strength · gift · skill set
Are you really going to try to convince people that these guys int he NFL cant run and catch a ball well? OR that they are not experts at it? That there is no skill in running crisp routes?
Or is this going to be the part where you make up your own definition of a skill because you realize that you have made a fool of yourself and try to save face by saying that the definition accepted the world over is incorrect and that you, the lone guy who does not think it is right, is indeed correct.

There's also the fact that there are people willing to pay millions of dollars for the use of that skill.

I see Ngata has met PhilElliot.

This is gonna be fun.

:popcorn:

again, its nothing more then jocks jumping up and down. Theres plenty out there.

the ones that dont make it are the ones not willing to sell their soul.

yep, you need others to believe something is true. You arent basing anything off actual fact, just that others believe what you do. Oh, so its universally accepted? yeah because sheep follow without thinking.

some jocks are better than others but its not 4 or 5 of 300,000. thats pure silliness

Skills are only as important as we make them as a society. There is a demand for the skill of jumping high and catching a football. A very high demand at that, considering the salary of what these guys make. What would you argue is a more important skill than a skill that brings in such a high salary and recognition value?

again, its nothing more then jocks jumping up and down. Theres plenty out there.

the ones that dont make it are the ones not willing to sell their soul.

yep, you need others to believe something is true. You arent basing anything off actual fact, just that others believe what you do. Oh, so its universally accepted? yeah because sheep follow without thinking.

some jocks are better than others but its not 4 or 5 of 300,000. thats pure silliness

What are you basing things off of ? Opinions ? You don't say. Just because you have an opinion that is out there does not make you right, and it does not make the rest of us sheep. You say that there are 300,000. Where the hell do you get the 300,000 number, did you just make that up? Of course you did, and then you tout it as a fact to give skewed percentages of the number of people who could. Then you say that the people choose not to do it because it is selling their soul. It is no more selling their soul than working any other job, but they make less doing it. That does not make sense to rational people, but you are not rational are you.

Here is the thing though when you do that you make it sound as though yours is the only valid viewpoint, and that any who think you are an idiot for it are wrong. That is hypocrisy at its finest because when people refuse to accept your viewpoint they are sheep, but when someone accepts your opinion they are not they are not sheep they are thinkers. I am actually somewhat impressed, there has been a lot of dumb shit said on TGP, but you sir hold the distinction of using the most fallacious arguments. Seriously there is like 6 text book argument fallacies in your short response. There is the suppressed correlative, false attribution, false dichotomy, incomplete and inconsistent comparison, and kettle logic off the top of my head lol.

Oh and to put the bow on this, aren't you the one who was whining in the shoutbox the other day that your sister thinks she is right all the time and her way is the only way. Guess how you sound ? Pot meet kettle. She is probably the sane one and you are whining because everyone around you refuses to accept your idiosyncratic methodology or arriving at conclusions, which seems to be "Hey what makes sense and it universally accepted, let me run contrary to that and label those that disagree sheep" Nice try, but so far all you have proven is you are a hypocrite who does not base yourself in anything scientific such as numbers, statistics, or even common sense.

Then I especially loved in the shoutbox how you insinuated that I was young, thus your opinion is correct because of expert bias lol. No you indeed said something very stupid, and if you play stupid games you get stupid prizes. If you really want to talk about who is the child here, who is whining on the internet because of his sister not doing what he tells her lol. I get being 17 is a real bitch, but seriously my 7 year old does not whine about his sister, he realizes she is younger and will learn. You on the other hand complain she is not listening, to people who dont care is what is worse.

Edited by Omerta

This thread has taken an odd turn.

As to some facts here

There are 8 million people competing in high school athletics. and of those 450,000 will play college ball.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/probability-competing-beyond-high-school

Of those 1.5% will get into the NFL

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/estimated-probability-competing-professional-athletics

Then when you are in the league those chances double to about 3% of going to a pro bowl.

So yeah, I guess 63% of high school athletes could become the next Julio Jones or AB.

Either way it is impossible to argue with someone who refuses to be wrong so I am done with it, but some advice, stop just making shit up to suit your narrative.

I can't believe Phil is just gonna sit there and let his thread get hijacked. Very low energy.

• Upvote 1

Seems like something a weak beta male would say :yep: