Vin

It's E3 Time

tom-hiddleston-loki.gif

timetable1jsao.png

Some stuff already, since Microsoft already had their presser.

http://www.businessinsider.com/project-scorpio-xbox-one-x-microsoft-2017-6

LOS ANGELES —The next version of Microsoft's long running Xbox line of video game consoles is named Xbox One X. It costs $500, and launches November 7.

Microsoft detailed the new console during a press briefing in Los Angeles. The Xbox One X looks strikingly similar to the Xbox One S (Microsoft's previous console), but is notably smaller.

The other big difference about the Xbox One X is how powerful it is.

It's capable of powering 4K gaming — the next step up in graphical fidelity after HD — as well as 4K Blu-ray discs. It's got "six teraflops" of processing power, which means it's far more powerful than the current models of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 — even the new, more powerful PlayStation 4 Pro.

The console is being touted as the most powerful game console ever made, and Microsoft says it's also the smallest Xbox ever made.

Aside from being powerful and small, the Xbox One X is an Xbox One: It can play all your existing Xbox One and Xbox 360 backwards compatible games. It also works with all your existing Xbox One accessories, from gamepads to racing wheels.

A variety of new games are coming to the Xbox One X in 4K, including a new entry in the "Forza Motorsport" racing series, a new entry in the first-person shooter "Metro" series, and a new entry in the third-person action "Assassin's Creed" series.

All were on display during Microsoft's press briefing in Los Angeles on June 11, and they were all quite impressive. Perhaps most impressive of all was "Metro: Exodus," a first-person shooter series set in a post-nuclear apocalypse Russia. A trailer showed a player carefully creeping through a sewer tunnel, fighting off mutant animals of some type. It was gorgeously detailed and genuinely impressive for a home game console.

Xbox One X was previously announced as "Project Scorpio," and Microsoft only showed off its chip at the time (seen above). The Xbox One X console is expected to launch on November 7, starting at $500.

Anthem (Bioware)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5GSfs9fi4

Metro: Exodus (Multi-plat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbbqlvuovQ0

The Last Night (Xbox, PC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pupdeq1MoVw

and some DBZ, because why not. (Multiplat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBI0MU73nlc

Edited by Vin

Anthem looks good. Bethesda is up soon. Maybe Fallout 5 or pipe dream?

Seems like an interesting way to go for a new console... take your old console, make it smaller and more powerful and call it new. Lol

I may or may not get it. Hmm. Maybe if Vin does.

Anthem looks good. Bethesda is up soon. Maybe Fallout 5 or pipe dream?

I'm honestly shocked we haven't heard something about a new Elder Scrolls game.

Seems like an interesting way to go for a new console... take your old console, make it smaller and more powerful and call it new. Lol

I may or may not get it. Hmm. Maybe if Vin does.

And charge $500 for it. I think the days of me buying a $500+ console are in the past.

Also, aw yiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwVPlGVt5AE

Oh yeah, that makes the re-packaging of an old console all the more worse... lol.

Also, Minecraft is about to launch cross-platform between PC / Nintendo / Xbox One... Microsoft approached Sony about the deal and they refused.

It's a bad look for gamers, IMO. Everyone is talking about how VR is the future... Screw that, maybe 100 years from now. The immediate future calls for more cross-platform gaming -- that's the next big step. We need more cross-platform play and it seems like Sony is going to wall us off from each other.

Sony will fall behind if the continue to deny cross platform gaming.

E3 has been a bust tho. Nothing too shocking yet. Paid mods is a fucking disgrace and I guess they didn't learn from PC.

• Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ

Aw yiss.

(I'm still sorta bummed that xcom 2 came to consoles a few months after I built my new computer. I should've expected it, but still...)

Edited by Vin

E3 has been a bust tho. Nothing too shocking yet. Paid mods is a fucking disgrace and I guess they didn't learn from PC.

I dont even really get it. Paid official mods. Isn't that just DLC?

Paid mods? Excuse me a moment...

:puke:

Paid mods? Excuse me a moment...

:puke:

But I don't get it. What they're talking about are official mods made by Bethesda, not paying modders for their original work.

So again, how is this different than DLC?

OMG. Beyond Good and Evil 2!!!!

But I don't get it. What they're talking about are official mods made by Bethesda, not paying modders for their original work.

So again, how is this different than DLC?

I don't think it is different. I think they're rebranding DLC because people love mods, and I'm sure there will be people who buy into it. Maybe they mean pay for the right to make mods.

I don't think it is different. I think they're rebranding DLC because people love mods, and I'm sure there will be people who buy into it. Maybe they mean pay for the right to make mods.

It sounds like a way to outsource the developing of what amounts to DLC. Bethesda is a fairly small studio so devoting a few programmers to making Add ons for a game that is not going to sell anymore is expensive. However if they can devote minimal resources to assisting several individuals that only get paid by commission on what they develope independently they can keep the games from their archives alive a lot longer without spending a bunch of money on development. I'm not really for or against this. I'm in wait and see mode.

Edit: also fuck yeah BG&E2!!!!!

Edited by GA_Eagle

I am trying to decide what console to buy next, and I have to say... Switch has some goooood stuff coming out. Or maybe it's just the fact that I am becoming uber casual -- I don't know. lol

Also...

Ok, screw that, just go freaking crazy! Because Nintendo just confirmed that Game Freak is working on a full, proper, untitled RPG #Pokemon title for the Nintendo Switch!

May be the best news in literally ever... I've wanted this for the last TWENTY YEARS and it is finally happening.

Edited by Banned4Ever

Isn't every pokemon game an RPG?

No.. You have Pokken Tournament, lots of TCGs... Plus, how many are on console?

Looks like this guy is investing in a Switch.

Also, who doesn't want to play Mario XCom? (okay, maybe I am the only one who wants this)

Bethesda confirms that Elder Scrolls 6 isn't even in development and that they have two "major" titles that they will be releasing before ES6.

Jim Ryan, who heads Sony’s PlayStation marketing globally, chose to explain why it refused the option of cross-play between the consoles:

We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe,” Ryan told Eurogamer. “Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it’s something we have to think about very carefully.

However, Nintendo, which is by far the most family oriented console maker has in fact agreed to support the cross-play featuring, putting Sony’s explanation at a weak spot. Phil Spencer, in an interview with Giantbomb, has now revealed his thoughts on the matter:

The fact that somebody would kind of make an assertion that somehow we’re not keeping Minecraft players safe, I found — not only from a Microsoft perspective, but from a game industry perspective — like, I don’t know why that has to become the dialogue. Like, that doesn’t seem healthy for anyone.

Edited by Banned4Ever

SKYRIM IS COMING TO THE SWITCH!!!!!

SKYRIM IS COMING TO THE SWITCH!!!!!

Fus Ro Dah is the only good thing to come out of Skryim.