Sign in to follow this  
Warhorse

The Colts offensive line

I have been watching the Colts line for years...the best being that run with Peyton under center that had the "dancing bear" from cal at LT, Tarik Glenn. The selection of Glenn and Adam Meadows in the 97 draft (19th and 48th respectively) the year before PM was drafted was very fortunate timing.

This current o-line has had a lack of talent, an inability to stay healthy, a offensive system that features slow developing plays, and a QB who has a hard time giving up on a play and living to play another down. However, the last third of last season brought a glimpse of what could be.

Luck HAS to stop being the warrior and throw the ball away. PM used to do it every drive. Luck hardly ever does. The line got much better at pass pro and should continue to improve this season. Our WR have to get better at blocking for screens.

Good news is the run blocking is already getting there. PFF has a stat (I can't post it because I am not an elite member), but it basically says that the Colts were one of the 3 highest teams in relation to producing yards on the ground before contact. They were The Bills, Colts, and the Titans. With the selection of Marlon Mack in the draft, we might see a changing run game. Time will tell. At the very least, the future looks to be on the uptick.

I think having Kelly, Mewhort, and Castonzo is enough to keep Luck alive and generate a decent running game. There are still holes, but the Colts are way ahead of where they were 2 or 3 years ago on offensive line.

• Upvote 1

Haeg and Clark might be the right side, but I want to see a full season of serviceable play with full availablity.

:slingblade:

Good news is the run blocking is already getting there. PFF has a stat (I can't post it because I am not an elite member), but it basically says that the Colts were one of the 3 highest teams in relation to producing yards on the ground before contact. They were The Bills, Colts, and the Titans. With the selection of Marlon Mack in the draft, we might see a changing run game. Time will tell. At the very least, the future looks to be on the uptick.

In regards to that stat, NFL.com posted an article with this chart(this chart was accurate as of December 6th so some games were played afterwards so the stats aren't 100% up to date, but better than nothing)

http://i.imgur.com/QqZes9d.jpg

It has the Colts tied for 9th, but only .3ypc behind the tied for 2nd place Cowboys, Packers and Titans so it's definitely a surpassable gap assuming they improved down the stretch.

• Upvote 1

PM is one of the all time choke artists to ever play the game and Luck is the most over hyped piece of garbage, neanderthal looking QB who has ever played the game. He's going to be out of his prime by the time the Colts front office can undo the damage Grigson has done. The Colts aren't doing shit for the next few decades, sorry.

PM is one of the all time choke artists to ever play the game and Luck is the most over hyped piece of garbage, neanderthal looking QB who has ever played the game. He's going to be out of his prime by the time the Colts front office can undo the damage Grigson has done. The Colts aren't doing shit for the next few decades, sorry.

Edited by Warhorse

Indifferent. I used to hate 5 head because of the unrelenting and unwarranted cock sucking by Phil Simms in particular. Now the Colts are fucking irrelevant as could be so truthfully I could care less. I just like to talk shit.