Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Top 3 Teams in Each Conference

Simple.

Who do you guys think are the best 3 teams in each conference? As I look over rosters and coaching staffs.. these are the 3 teams I think will finish best in their respective conferences

:AFC:

1. :Pats:

2. :Chargers:

3. :Raiders:

:NFC:

1. :Giants:

2. :Falcons:

3. :Packers:

Pats are the team to beat for sure.

I think the Chargers are a team everyone sleeps on but have been destroyed by injuries. Their offense is very very good. Rivers still has it, Gordon seems to be making strides after a miserable rookie year. They still have the ageless Gates and then young Henry with the cast of WR's. They just added some good quality lineman in the draft and that defense to me is a top 10 unit.

Once again.. this is dependent on injuries.

Raiders offense will drive the machine and I guarantee you the defense takes strides next year. Raiders D doesn't even have to be good per say. Just good at capitalizing and forcing turnovers... getting after the passer, and not giving up the big play or getting raped by TE's. The additions of Melifonwu, Conley, and the return of a healthy Mario Edwards and the development of Joseph should all help this year.

As for the NFC...

The Giants offense is something fierce. I believe Eli has one of the greatest receiving corps he's ever had in his career with Bmarsh, Shepard, Engram and OBJ

Paul Perkins is a underrated back to me as well and the offensive line... could use some work but it'll manage.

Defensively.. the Giants Front 4 with JPP, Dalvin, Damon Harrison, and Oliver Vernon are going to bring pain and suffering for QB's and RB's up the middle.

The weak part of their squad are their LB's... they will be tested for sure.

Secondary, absolutely love the guys they have back there in Apple, DRC, Collins, Jenkins, That group will really allow their front to get after the QB.

The Falcons are probably the most well rounded team in the leauge. Once again, injuries and defense should be their priorities. Stopping the run should also be of their concern too.

The Packers... as long as Aaron Rodgers is there, he's going to will that team to victory in a two horse division. Also... without Olivia Munn... expect him to bring the pain train on the NFL.

• Downvote 1

1. Pats

2. Raiders

3. Chiefs

1. Falcons

2. Seahawks

3. Vikings

1. Patriots

2. Steelers

3. Raiders

1. Falcons

2. Cowboys

3. Packers

1) Patriots

2) Raiders

3) Titans

I think we can all agree the Patriots and Raiders are up there and probably top 2, so who's #3? I'll go with the up-and-comers with the franchise quarterback. The Steelers, Ravens, and Chiefs are in the discussion as well.

1) Cowboys

2) Packers

3) Falcons

Pretty easy top 3 for me. If you want to exclude Atlanta because you think the Super Bowl loss inspires a down year, I understand that. So who else is in the discussion? I guess the Giants and Seahawks, but I'm not super confident about either one of them. I see a lot of good-not-great teams in the NFC, so it should be fun to see who rises to the top.

Edited by SteVo

AFC:

1. Patriots

2. AFC West

Probably rate the Steelers over the Chiefs but I am down on the Chiefs every year and also too high on the Chargers (they are stacked though). Broncos and Raiders are safe bets to be competitive.

NFC:

1. Falcons

2. Cowboys

3. Seahawks

Could see an argument for many teams including the Panthers, Giants, Packers, and Vikings.

Edited by BJORN

:Pats: The clear favorite.

:Raiders: the 2nd best offense and a good defensive draft to go with Mack should equal improvements.

:Broncos: bad QB but maybe the best all-around roster, and having the best D is still worth a lot.

:Cowboys: 60 minutes against their offense is almost as tough of a task as 60 against the Denver D. Probably the surest bet to make the playoffs in this conference.

:Seahawks: Still the most balanced squad out there, capable of a Lombardi if at their best.

:Falcons: The Packers meh defense allows the Falcons a top spot.

bunch of robots around here with a Pat Stamp on their forehead

its just childishly laughable to think a team can keep making it to the finals in such a hard hitting sport. it ends this year. Something will happen to Brady And Buffalo might end up winning the division.

Probably because they just made their sixth straight AFC championship game and have a 89-23 record in the regular season in the past seven years. If you include the playoffs? 100-28. Not to mention they have no signs of slowing down. Even with an injury to Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo beats the garbage that is the AFC East.

You said the same shit last year and was hopelessly wrong on that one. Take your medicine. The Pats are the best team in the AFC.

Edited by Chernobyl426

If you think it's all staged, why even bother to watch it or be active on an NFL message board? Seems counter-productive and like you should have better things to do with your time.

Except you don't, because last year you specifically stated there is no way the Patriots will make it to the Super Bowl. And then they ended up winning it. So clearly, you do not in fact know who is going to win.

Sorry, try again.

Last year was last year. Being wrong about who wins doesn't prove games aren't staged.

I wasn't hopelessly wrong about anything. I'm correct about games being staged. I just picked the wrong storyline they chose to use.

All you know how to do is pick this year who was good last year and you call yourself a knowledgeable football fan? Who can't do that?

I did in fact say either the Saints or Falcons would do better than the Panthers last year and that did happen.

I said the Bengals wouldn't make the playoffs and Seattle and Dallas wouldn't make the SB well in advance. I was wrong about Colts,Vikings,Pats but other than that I did quite well compared to your typical sports fan.So no,I wasn't hopelessly wrong about anything.

it wasn't luck.its because at the age I am,I have learned some of the nfl's habits. I mean,Jesus,the Rams win 2 games without scoring an offensive TD and you still buy this crap? Really? Lol Come on,man...

You were hopelessly wrong. You guaranteed the Patriots wouldn't make the Superbowl and they won it. You also said BOTH the Saints and Falcons would make the playoffs, only Atlanta did. Good job on picking the field against Seattle and Dallas, but lets not leave out who you did pick to make the SB from the NFC: The Packers. This was of course after both your original SB picks, the Colts and the Vikings, flamed out and BOTH missed the playoffs entirely, lol.

You missed all 3 final games as well, picking Green Bay and Pittsburgh and then picking Atlanta in the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl.

You didn't even come close to winning the pick 'em, either in the playoffs or in the regular season. We had many people who did better than you did.

Clearly, whether or not games are scripted, you are worse at predicting them than many of us here. Guess you're not that smart after all or we're all geniuses.

Only a complete fucking moron would think the NFL scripted the Patriots to win the SB during the season when Tom Brady was suspended. Unless you're arguing the NFL is scripted and somehow Roger Goodell doesn't know that, in which case I'd love for you to lay out your utterly loony conspiracy theory on how that works, because that would be immensely entertaining.

Edited by Thanatos

I'm consistently amazed at how completely stupid people can be. Really don't know why it still surprises me, tbh.

Of course, we have a bunch of loons who voted for Trump and are supporting this travesty of a health care bill that's going to cut their own healthcare, so again, really, not sure why I get surprised at it.

I'm consistently amazed at how completely stupid people can be. Really don't know why it still surprises me, tbh.

Of course, we have a bunch of loons who voted for Trump and are supporting this travesty of a health care bill that's going to cut their own healthcare, so again, really, not sure why I get surprised at it.

There's a forum for that stuff...

giphy.gif

Keep it there.

• Upvote 2

But Trump is a Panthers fan though

Trump knows as much about football as you :smug:

Trump knows as much about football as you :smug:

Considering he owned the New Jersey Generals in the USFL, I'd wager he knows more than a lot of people. :p

Considering he owned the New Jersey Generals in the USFL, I'd wager he knows more than a lot of people. :p

I'd take that bet, tbh.

• Upvote 1

He also knows about area 51 and all the aliens and the Illuminati, oooohhhhh.

Back OT:

:Pats:

:Steelers:

:Raiders:

The first two are near locks to me, NE for obvious reasons, and Pitt because if that trio can ever stay healthy, they are set up to compete with anyone. The third team is a lot harder to pin down and I think there's quite a gap here. For now. But I have to go with Oakland. I know, I know, the Chiefs beat them twice last year, but really with Carr at the helm, I just don't see a better team besides the two already mentioned.

:Seahawks:

:Cowboys:

:Falcons:

When the Hawks miss the playoffs, it will be time to take them off this list.

I really like what Dallas has going for them, the upset by the Packers was just that. If Dak takes a step forward in year 2, the East is going to be in trouble.

Like the AFC, the third team is really difficult to nail down for me.

However, given the shellacking the Pack took in the NFCCG, I have to give it to the Falcons, for now.

They will, however, not be on this list next year. Because last year was the biggest fluke the South has ever seen, and the rightful NFC South champions will be back in their seats as division winners.

Edited by Thanatos

Seattle top 5,maybe.certainly not top 3 :)

Why?

Ok, they might end up being the 3rd to last team eliminated in the nfl-nfc playoffs this year but I know they won't make it the SB, so I don't really care whether they end up 2 or 5.

Why?

Why what? Why won't they make SB?

While I can't literally predict the future.

I've watched enough sports over the years to know it's not that big a mystery. While they've made everyone believe it's easy as pie for the Pats to keep going, they can't make the nfl look so weak and stupid that more than one team is that lucky and or good, that often.

So it's purely an NFL scheme to avoid a team having too much success?

That's too simplistic a thought. There's multiple reasons they do what they do.

For one thing Seahawks wasn't much of a contender till Seattle lost the Sonics 82 game revenue each year.

But now they need to start giving the Rams some juice to pay for the new stadium.

But what about the 49ers? They just got the new stadium but have been terrible since arriving. Someone has to pay those bills.

um..you didnt notice they made it to conference championships against Seattle and NY and A SB as soon as they announced they were building a new stadium?

Then why did Baltimore beat them in the SB?

LOL ok stop it with the silly questions. They went to a SB and profited . They put asses in the seats and sold merch.. thats the only objective for the nfl.

notice the team they lost to had just moved from Cleveland 4 years before.

It's not a silly question! The 49ers were more marketable than Baltimore was in that super bowl, and they didn't win. Also, Baltimore didn't move from Cleveland in 2008?

LOL ok stop it with the silly questions. They went to a SB and profited . They put asses in the seats and sold merch.. thats the only objective for the nfl.

notice the team they lost to had just moved from Cleveland 4 years before.

Nope. Wrong again. That SB was in 2012. Baltimore moved from Cleveland in 1996.

Pats

Chiefs

Steelers

Eagles

Eagles

Eagles