Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Fultz is working out for the 76ers right now but apparently isn't doing so well but apparently it was more for a medical checkout than anything. So we wait.

Cs and Sixers officially swap picks.

I think Boston really regrets this trade. At some point you have to turn assets into talent, and if Fultz is really the surefire superstar everyone says, you dont get too many chances at players like that.

• Upvote 2

Think they want to move for Butler.

Which is dogshit, because I want the Wolves to move for him. Wiggins has shown absolutely no desire to contribute on defense, and the dude might as well be a black hole. He's fun to watch, but man... unless he really changes some things in his second year under Thib, he's just going to be someone who jumps from team to team occasionally providing flashy plays. This is KAT's team, and we need to start building now or else he will want to leave at some point. Minnesota isn't a place where superstars are going to be patient.

Boston might be trying to build the assets to trade for Anthony Davis at some point, forget Butler or George.

Boston might be trying to build the assets to trade for Anthony Davis at some point, forget Butler or George.

Do you really think the Pelicans will let Davis go considering they just brought in Boogie?

Maybe... I don't think Boogie's career will go much of anywhere. Pelicans will never amount to anything.

• Upvote 1

They'd be wise to if they think they might not be able to re-sign him. The pairing of Cousins and Davis has not looked very promising so far so they might lose him too to be honest. This would probably be the year to trade him too if they were smart because he's under a team friendly deal. They could even try to move Boogie. At that point they'd be set up pretty damn well for the future and they'd probably never be able to get a package for Davis like Boston can give them right now.

This is a huge make or break year for Ainge.

​Also, IDK what the swap was, as in, what the Celtics are getting back... But the team that ends up with the superstar tends to win all of these trades...

​So if the Celtics want Jimmy Butler... Why not just trade their 1sts to the Bulls for Butler? :think:

I think Boston really regrets this trade. At some point you have to turn assets into talent, and if Fultz is really the surefire superstar everyone says, you dont get too many chances at players like that.

​I don't think Fultz is a surefire star, or even the surefire best prospect (or even PG) of this draft. Which is super deep.

The Celtics are loading up to give the Bulls dumbass FO a trade they can't resist.

I swear to God if we end up with 3 first round picks we are going to be the shittiest team in the league.

Our FO has proven that they can't draft.

However if we do get the third pick. We better damn well get Fox from Kentucky...

The NBA is seriously depressing as fuck to follow.

The NBA rumors are FLYING.

Butler is a person of interest for the Cavs, Celtics... and now Wolves.

Kristaps Porzingis is on the market...

Paul George wants to be a Laker...

Douchebag Wade wants to take advantage of Chicago's incompetent front office and make 24 milly for another year.

Dwight Howard is a Hornet

Brook Lopez is a Laker

Pacers and Lakers are hung up in trade talks... Pacers want the #2 pick and Randle for PG.

Butler states he wants to remain in Chicago and not play for the Cavs.

Things are heating up...

I wouldn't want to play for the Cabs at this point either ...

LeBro : Hiw would you feel being guaranteed a blowout finals loss or 5 on your resume ?

Butler: I'd rather play for Fred Hoiberg and the most out of touch front office in basketball

Tbh I like what the Nets did in that trade, their previous poor management leaves them without opportunity to add young talent so they trade away a guy that wasn't worth re-signing there long term to get D'Angelo Russell, who is about as good of a young player Brooklyn could get their hands on. The move for the Lakers was all cap space, dumping Mozgov was a win for them.

Lakers making a push for Paul George -- offering 27, 28, and either Clarkson or Randle

Lakers making a push for Paul George -- offering 27, 28, and either Clarkson or Randle

If the Pacers do that trade, id fire their GM immediately.

• Upvote 1

Tbh I like what the Nets did in that trade, their previous poor management leaves them without opportunity to add young talent so they trade away a guy that wasn't worth re-signing there long term to get D'Angelo Russell, who is about as good of a young player Brooklyn could get their hands on. The move for the Lakers was all cap space, dumping Mozgov was a win for them.

No need for Russell when you have a PG on the way.

Jimmy Butler is the man.

I think the Cavs are a bottom feeder again in two years, and they will remain that way until they happen upon another all-NBA talent that is dedicated to them for some reason. The East is a joke. Why would anyone want to go to the Cavs without LeBron?

Edited by OSUViking

If the Pacers do that trade, id fire their GM immediately.

This makes the Nets trade make more sense. They can't take the chance of him going to Cleveland and deciding to play with LeBron. If the Lakers trade for PG then they could tell LeBron to bring whoever he wants with him to the fold and have Lonzo and PG. This is what the Lakers do man. Don't be surprised if they end up as a power house western conference team in a couple years.

Then Westbrook teams up with LeBron and PG in his hometown and OKC Nation collectively slits their wrists.

• Upvote 1

All this talk about some crazy trade happening somewhere better happen.

If someone big doesn't get traded by the end of the draft I'm gonna be much upset.

All this talk about some crazy trade happening somewhere better happen.

If someone big doesn't get traded by the end of the draft I'm gonna be much upset.

There have already been a few.