Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

True. But besides the Howard move, nothing else has completely caught me off guard. I think it was safe to assume that Russell may not be back with the Lakers with what happened last year and the two best players in this draft appear to be PGs.

I think the Cavs are a bottom feeder again in two years, and they will remain that way until they happen upon another all-NBA talent that is dedicated to them for some reason. The East is a joke. Why would anyone want to go to the Cavs without LeBron?

​Tbh I'm not sure how many players want to go to the Cavs with LeBron...

If I'm Boston I'm pushing every trade chip I have to middle of the table for Porzingis. Once they have him and unload Horford's contract they can do A LOT in free agency. I mean, they could even say to the Pacers, we'll trade you Thomas for PG3 for Thomas. Will they get a better offer than that?

I mean, they got Butler but the Wolves had to give up Lavine. That's who Chicago wanted all along. Wiggins' worth ethic is questionable. Lavine is going to be a superstar soon.

I mean, they got Butler but the Wolves had to give up Lavine. That's who Chicago wanted all along. Wiggins' worth ethic is questionable. Lavine is going to be a superstar soon.

Let's see him get through rehab first. As it sits, I think Minny hosed Chicago. If Lavine can rebound and continue on his upward trend.. I think Minnesota still probably won

EDIT: Also.. Suns didn't trade away 4 and got Jackson... yesssssss. Fucking win.

Bender, Chriss, Booker, Jackson.. Ohhhh ya baby.

Edited by Banned4Ever

You could have signed a wing defender in free agency and took an actual good player with the 4th pick.

You could have signed a wing defender in free agency and took an actual good player with the 4th pick.

Why take a good player when the best player falls to 4?

This must be the worst draft class in NBA history if a guy with zero offensive game is the best player in the draft.

• Downvote 1

His shooting will come along. Can't teach athleticism or immense versatility. we just got a better version of Andre Iguodala. Feels good, man

So with the move of Butler from the East to the West... That's another elite player gone to the west.

Pretty crazy how much better management is on that side of the world.

Waiting for ATL's commentary on the Butler trade like

ZmL17.gif

• Upvote 1

Minnesota has a nice squad developing. KAT-Wiggins-Butler :O

Waiting for ATL's commentary on the Butler trade like

He was raging in the shoutbox last night. I think he's a Warriors fan now.

So the Bulls also gave up the #17 pick?

I'm reporting the Wolves for rape.

I like the Magic drafting Isaac at 6, but disappointed we just gave away the 25th overall pick after making a good move to acquire it for Ibaka at the deadline.

Jon Isaac is way better than Josh Jackson lol

Isaac has a lot of developing to do but you can't teach a 7'2 wingspan and guys with that kind of wingspan with the ability to dribble and move on offense is hard. Our new FO is basically the guys who drafted the Greek Freak in Milwaukee and they probably see a similar kind of guy here.

​My biggest concern is he for sure needs to work on his shooting and we still probably have the worst collection of shooters in the league. I'm hoping our roster gets blown up, I want to move bums like Vucevic and Fournier quick.

So I was preparing myself that Butler would be traded. It was just a matter of who and for what.

I understand trading for him if you're acquiring assets for the future... but when I heard that we traded to the T-Wolves? I was glad for Jimmy because he goes to a coach that cares about him and a place where he can succeed with young talent around him...

The Front Office? They can all kill themselves.

I knew the front office was bad but how in the actual FUCK do you trade up giving away a franchise player and YOU are the ones that are giving up the 16th pick to move to seven and all you get is a bust in Dunn, and a player that won't be the same in Lavine.

I don't give a fuck. It's a fucking highway robbery for the Wolves. ANND WAIT THERES MORE

YOU MOVE UP TO 7 TO PICK A 7ft. TWEENER WHITE BOY THAT CAN SHOOT COLLEGE 3's AT A MEDIOCRE RATE AND HAS NO OTHER PLUS TO HIM.

He was good in college because he towered over kids in the Pac12, he's not a difference maker, he's got no strength or athleticism. He needs quality coaching and OH FUCKING Wait there's none of that in Chicago

To add... the Bulls still have Mirotic, Portis, and Lopez.. where the fuck is this guy going to get minutes?

OH WAIT THERES MORE TOO.

You actually make a very good pick in Jordan Bell from Oregon in the second and then what do you do?? YOU SELL HIM TO THE BEST TEAM IN THE NBA THAT COULD USE A GOOD YOUNG BIG.

3.5 milly and where does that money go??

Fucking stupid.

I'm done.

• Upvote 2

So the Bulls also gave up the #17 pick?

I'm reporting the Wolves for rape.

All for a hurt player and a guy whose never come close to meeting expectations. Everyone knew Chicagos front office was inept tho - including the Timberwolves apparently

This is not going to to turn out to be a bad deal for Chicago. Lavine is going to rise well above what people expect and Dunn will be much better with substantial minutes. Chicago is moving toward the future and while I don't know why Jimmy Butler had to not be a part of it, whatever. They've got good players on the roster and will be better than expected. They've got a lot of work to do but this isn't the fleecing it's being portrayed as. Wait and watch Lavine--you'll be very, very happy.

This is not going to to turn out to be a bad deal for Chicago. Lavine is going to rise well above what people expect and Dunn will be much better with substantial minutes. Chicago is moving toward the future and while I don't know why Jimmy Butler had to not be a part of it, whatever. They've got good players on the roster and will be better than expected. They've got a lot of work to do but this isn't the fleecing it's being portrayed as. Wait and watch Lavine--you'll be very, very happy.

What exactly.... is the future?

You are paying DWade big money, Robin Lopez is 30 and not going to get any better, you still have the Rondo/Hoiberg issue.

And then you have a bunch of guys that can't play defense. Like nobody. I wouldn't even give anybody an average grade on playing defense outside of Portis and Lopez.

The Bulls clearly don't know the future. They want to be in a state of mediocrity.

I guarantee you the Wolves will have a better record and go further in the playoffs than the Bulls for at least the next 5 years.

I'd bet large money on it. There's no future in Chicago, there can't be with the coach and front office even if Dunn and Lavine turn out to be good.

They'll just trade them away for Cash.

Another classic case of Bware overrating his teams shit players. Wolves raped the Bulls. Lavine had a serious knee injury and is nothing more than a dunk champion. Dunn lulz. If he was any good he'd start over Rubio.

If it makes you feel better ATL, pretty much everyone expects rondo to be waived this summer.

If it makes you feel better ATL, pretty much everyone expects rondo to be waived this summer.

He never should of been signed to begin with.