Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Kyrie is an amazing ISO scorer, but that's it. The second he loses LeBron he'll never compete for division titles again let alone league titles.

• Upvote 2

LeBron James is the best basketball player the league has ever seen. To deny that past this point is ludicrous. Nobody could do everything he can do. There have been better scorers like Jordan and Kobe and even one trick ponies like Melo, but none of those guys could guard 5 positions and perpetually dominate the floor in-game and a conference over a span of a decade. And to think, there's almost no chance LeBron doesn't make 10 straight Finals appearances if he doesn't get injured. That alone is fucking incredible.

• Downvote 3

LeBron James is the best basketball player the league has ever seen. To deny that past this point is ludicrous. Nobody could do everything he can do. There have been better scorers like Jordan and Kobe and even one trick ponies like Melo, but none of those guys could guard 5 positions and perpetually dominate the floor in-game and a conference over a span of a decade. And to think, there's almost no chance LeBron doesn't make 10 straight Finals appearances if he doesn't get injured. That alone is fucking incredible.

Yeah beating a bunch of scrubs on the way there is so impressive. I am not doubting his "greatness" but everybody gets help along the way... His path to the Finals has been pretty damn easy and then when he faces a real team in the Finals he/his team meet their doom. Jordan was mostly the other way around, cruised in the Finals mostly but met some real stiff competition in the conference from time to time and didn't always make it to the Finals like they maybe could or should have.

• Upvote 2

Kyrie is an amazing ISO scorer, but that's it.

I probably pissed my roommates off so much when I would say this. Not because they're Kyrie homers, but because it was frustrating as hell to see the Warriors play great half-court offense and then watch the Cavs just run Kyrie and Lebron iso moves and I let my roommates know it. Kyrie is a great player, but I don't like watching him because he just doesn't pass the ball. Those streaks where he's hot are amazing to watch, but he's so frustrating outside of those.

You gave me a massive list with some insane people like Karl Malone and Allen Iverson.

MJ

Kobe

AI

Malone

Shaq

Magic

Chamberlain

Bird

Russell

Olajuwan

Abdul-Jabar

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People sleep on Bird a little but him and the Celtics dominated the East with a lot of real good teams playing in it and there is no better clutch shot maker in the history of the game than Bird. I think I'd take Bird over LeBron.

MJ

Kobe

AI

Malone

Shaq

Magic

Chamberlain

Bird

Russell

Olajuwan

Abdul-Jabar

Meh probably shouldn't have negged you so I'll rep you elsewhere but....yeah AI and Malone are major stretches and quite a few of those are debatable.

Jordan, Magic, and Abdul-Jabar are all easily ahead of Lebron in my opinion. Probably Wilt too. The rest are at least debatable. But overall, I guess I agree with your message.

Dmac's list is twice as long.

MJ

Kobe

AI

Malone

Shaq

Magic

Chamberlain

Bird

Russell

Olajuwan

Abdul-Jabar

This list lacks Jonny Flynn.

Where's the trash can when I need it?

FC-Trashcan-Eagles-2.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

List of winners from the totally unnecessary NBA award show thing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19616811/finalists-predictions-latest-news

I don't really agree with the MVP award, but not so much that I'd really argue against it. The ROY though was pretty bad. I woulda taken either of the two rookies from Philly over Brogdon.

Don't you dare make fun of Cuse alum :nope:

I strongly disagree with Mike D'Antoni being coach of the year...

I hate the Celtics but I think Brad Stevens should of got it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-knicks-owner-debating-phil-jacksons-future-franchise-053414508.html

The New York Knicks parted ways with embattled president of basketball operations Phil Jackson on Wednesday morning.

Owner James Dolan had been weighing Jackson’s future role running the franchise despite the two years and $24 million-plus left on his contract, league sources told The Vertical.

Dolan is targeting Toronto president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri to replace Jackson, league sources told The Vertical.

Ujiri signed a five-year, $30 million-plus extension a year ago, and it’s unclear how easily he could be pried from Toronto – if Ujiri has interest in the job.

Toronto lost its general manager, Jeff Weltman, to the Orlando Magic recently. The Raptors are expected to promote assistant GM Bobby Webster to replace Weltman in the Raptors’ front office, league sources said.

Dolan became increasingly intrigued with Ujiri primarily through two past deals with New York – trading Carmelo Anthony from Denver, and Andrea Bargnani from Toronto – in which Ujiri received substantial returns, league sources said.

The future of Knicks general manager Steve Mills is unclear, but he could transition the franchise through free agency, which begins Saturday.

Dolan had been harboring uncertainties about how much longer to commit to Jackson, 71, as the organization’s top basketball decision-maker, league sources told The Vertical.

Dolan had become increasingly concerned about Jackson’s fitness for the job and the long-term prospects of success for the franchise, especially in the aftermath of Jackson entertaining trades for Kristaps Porzingis, the franchise’s 21-year-old burgeoning star, league sources told The Vertical.

While Jackson has $24 million left on his original five-year contract, Dolan has a history of paying off long-term financial commitments without much consternation.

Jackson struggled to make progress with the Knicks, including a three-year record of 80-166 since he took over the role. His insistence on running the triangle offense alienated players and turned off potential free agents, and Jackson struggled to connect with the two head coaches that he hired: Derek Fisher and current coach Jeff Hornacek.

Jackson’s public battles with the Knicks’ two highest-profile players, Anthony and Porzingis, have been part of the marring of Jackson’s run with the Knicks, too.

Jackson was hired three years ago after a historic coaching career that included 11 NBA titles, a prodigal Knicks son returning to restore the organization to relevance. Jackson has struggled to adapt to the modern duties of an NBA executive, making mistakes largely in free agency and trades that have set back the organization.

Clippers receive:

Patrick Beverly

Sam Dekker

Lou Williams

2018 FRP

Good trade for both sides...moreso the Rockets.

What does this mean for Blake Griffin?

Can CP3 and Harden even play together? For big minutes? I kinda doubt it lol.

• Upvote 1

I think after the Spurs series, Harden realized he can't be so ball dominant and still win in the playoffs.

Rockets' GM Daryl Morey is trying to bring in another All-Star to play alongside James Harden and Chris Paul, according to sources of Jeff Goodman of ESPN.

While Goodman doesn't name anyone directly in his report, Paul George stands out as one of the more obvious targets out there, and PG-13 has been linked to Houston numerous times in the past couple weeks. PG-13 partnering up with CP3 and Harden in Houston would make that squad an immediate contender out West, so it'll be interesting to see if Morey is able to pull off another blockbuster deal after wooing away Paul from Los Angeles.

Rockets aren't quite done yet.

Dolan interested in Masai because he fleeced the Knicks twice :yao:

I think after the Spurs series, Harden realized he can't be so ball dominant and still win in the playoffs.

Can Harden be as effective if he's not so ball dominant though? That's his game. Why do you think he came off the bench in OKC? How many teams have one of their 3 best players coming off the bench as a spark plug? He came off the bench because it's hard to play two ball dominant players at the same time.

WESTBROOK THE MVP, SUCK IT HARDEN

That's an awful trade for the Clippers, lol.

Clippers kind of had to take what they could get. They got CP3 to opt in so he could get paid more but if they didn't agree to trade him then he wouldn't have opted in. I think it's a horrible deal for both teams honestly. Rockets might be worse than they were last year.