Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

I don't see how this made the Rockets better. He shouldve opted out and just signed there for less money. As for the Clippers, they got what they could for a guy who was leaving anyways. Can't blame them.

• Upvote 1

It makes them better because CP3 is quietly still one of the best players in the league.

CP3 and harden can convince a big name Free agent to join them

I really don't think the whole fit thing matters all that much tbh. Neither one will be on the court at all times and at the pace the Rockets play at, they'll all get their chance.

These are two of the highest BB IQ players in the NBA, and they wanted to play together... There's going to be growing pains, but the NBA has shown time and time again that fit be damned, two elite players can usually make it work. Even if it means sacrificing a little.

• Upvote 1

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19778834/paul-george-traded-indiana-pacers-oklahoma-city-thunder

The Indiana Pacers have agreed to trade four-time All-Star forward Paul George to the Oklahoma City Thunder, sources tell ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

As part of the deal, the Pacers will acquire guard Victor Oladipo and big man Domantas Sabonis, sources said.

Other potential pieces to the deal were not immediately known.

The trade ends weeks of speculation regarding George, the 27-year-old forward who had committed to playing with the Pacers through the 2017-18 season but said he would become a free agent next offseason and preferred to join the Los Angeles Lakers. George is from Southern California.

The move unites George with reigning NBA MVP Russell Westbrook, as yet another big name has been traded to the Western Conference. The Minnesota Timberwolves acquired Jimmy Butler from the Chicago Bulls on draft night.

FUUUUUUCK YES. PG is exactly the player I've wanted for years and especially since Durant bitched out. HOLY SHIT.

Pissed we kept Kanter over Sabonis, tbh. Dipo was only here to try and sway Durant.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

FUUUUUUCK YES. PG is exactly the player I've wanted for years and especially since Durant bitched out. HOLY SHIT.

Pissed we kept Kanter over Sabonis, tbh. Dipo was only here to try and sway Durant.

Congrats to OKC. :)

East continues to lose talent...

​Seeing the Pacers lose a great player makes me happy tho.

Also, the Celtics are doing hilariously bad at this whole adding talent thing.

• Upvote 1

I think George is going to end up being a one year rental in OKC, but even if that's the case it's still a big win for Presti since he got rid of Oladipo's bloated contract.

The Thunder might not be done. We'll have to see. She can happen at the deadline too.

As for Boston, like DMac was saying, they're in an identity crisis. They want to try and compete with Cleveland but they don't want to give up future assets to do so. The draft is really the only way they can potentially get the talent needed to win a ring. Luckily for them they don't have to tank to get that kind of player in the draft. If they're trying to trade for Anthony Davis at some point I can understand that and of nobody would be able to top the Celtics offer for him but trading for guys like Butler or George and making them the centerpiece of the team is a bad idea. Personally I was hoping they did trade for one or both of them but it seems Ainge is paling it smart.

Houston thinks they've closed the gap and then OKC goes and gets a better, younger player that would have fit in in Houston better than Paul will.

How does OKC close the gap with the warriors more then Houston? OKC hasn't even closed the gap with Houston yet...

Houston was the better by far and added the better talent. I get you love to be cynical and all, but, I don't really see how much has changed.

I think CP3 is a way better player than George unless he starts to decline this year but I think the Rockets will turn the ball over waaaaaay less with him handling the ball and making the decisions. Question is can he get into the scoring rhythm without the ball in his hands? Not sure, personally.

Presti and Morey are both pretty damn good GM's though so I doubt either are done. Should be fun to watch and of course you can't forget the Spurs. I wonder what they're going to do though because Parker and Ginobili can't play forever. If Iggy ends up with the Spurs that should make things a little more interesting out west. Somebody needs to snap up Livingston too. That puts a little chink in the Warriors armor for sure. People don't realize how good Iggy and Livingston are. Especially Livingston.

The Warriors signed Livingston, I think

I think CP3 is a way better player than George unless he starts to decline this year but I think the Rockets will turn the ball over waaaaaay less with him handling the ball and making the decisions. Question is can he get into the scoring rhythm without the ball in his hands? Not sure, personally.

Even if he doesn't score a lot, he will make the Rockets a lot better just by running the floor and playing defense. He's still one of the best defensive guards in the game too.

Houston thinks they've closed the gap and then OKC goes and gets a better, younger player that would have fit in in Houston better than Paul will.

​I doubt Indiana wanted what the Rockets gave up for CP3 plus Chris WANTED to be in Houston. If George was as committed to the Rockets as CP3 was he'd be there. I think the Thunder makes a lot of sense to go aggressive and make this deal, because there is no guarantee he re-signs but OKC has set themselves up for a better future either way. Either they keep George long term or have a lot more cap space than they would've otherwise.

Gotta admit, getting CP3 and potentially getting Andre is getting me back into the NBA (and therefore Rox) again. I feel like it can work.

Edited by Sparty

Anyone else think it's odd Griffin took a max deal with the Clips for 5 years.. All these super star talents in the NBA are taking short contracts to cash in the most, but there is Blake Griffin just taking what the Clippers threw at him.

I think, if you're the Clippers, you see how quickly Blake signed that deal and you have to pause a bit...

How truly vital is Iggy to the Warriors success (I am not questioning how good of a player he is)... Rockets have given him an offer and the Warriors are expected to offer 3 years @13-15M per

Edited by Banned4Ever

Blake to the 5 years because he gets hurt imo and if he keeps getting hurt he won't be worth anything near that deal.

I think Iggy is hugely vital because he can sub in the starting line up for KD or Klay and defend at an elite level. He was also dominating fast breaks against the Cavs whenever LBJ had to sit and him and Livingston have a lot of chemistry off the bench.

Gotta admit, getting CP3 and potentially getting Andre is getting me back into the NBA (and therefore Rox) again. I feel like it can work.

Re-signed with the Warriors... :(

Edited by Sparty

Warriors resignees

Stephen Curry 5yr 201 million

Andre Iguodala 3yr 45, Million

Shaun Livingston 3yr 24 Million