Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Warriors resignees

Stephen Curry 5yr 201 million

Andre Iguodala 3yr 45, Million

Shaun Livingston 3yr 24 Million

Cap is 99 million and those three plus the vet minimum for David West is north of 70M... That's one starter and three backups taking up 70% of the cap. Fantastic league.

JJ Reddick to Philly 1 yr 23 milly. Don't be surprised if Philly takes the 6th seed or better. If Embiid can play 70% of the games Sixers could get as high as 3rd seed. Big if at this point but still.

Lowry signs a 3 year 100M dollar deal... Milsap to Denver for 3 years and 90M... And reportedly the Kings have offered Otto Porter a max contract

Jokic and Milsap would be a pretty damn front court combo. If Murray, Harris and Mudiay can develop that would be a dangerous team. Nuggets quietly putting together a potential contender without signing elite free agents.

Hard to believe teams will commit 25% of their cap to Otto Porter, a solid three and D guy but nothing more. The Wizards are expected to match it though.

Not big on the Raptors resigning Ibaka and Lowry to such big contracts for multiple years, Ibaka has been declining and Lowry still has injury concerns.

There are Eastern Conference teams that would throw an offer at Porter knowing the Wizards will match just fuck them over. They're caught between a rock and a hard place because if they get rid of Porter they won't be able to sign an elite free agent to pair with Wall. With Wall they'll never be able to get the picks they need to draft an elite player.

Anyone else think it's odd Griffin took a max deal with the Clips for 5 years.. All these super star talents in the NBA are taking short contracts to cash in the most, but there is Blake Griffin just taking what the Clippers threw at him.

I think, if you're the Clippers, you see how quickly Blake signed that deal and you have to pause a bit...

How truly vital is Iggy to the Warriors success (I am not questioning how good of a player he is)... Rockets have given him an offer and the Warriors are expected to offer 3 years @13-15M per

​I don't blame Blake for taking that money. He's injury prone and honestly not all that great so make the money while you can. Idk why everyone assumed CP3 jumping ship meant the same thing for Griffin.

Oh yeah, and to be clear.. My point was I think the Clippers should have taken pause -- exactly for the reasons you listed.. Blake is injury prone and mostly hype. As the Clippers if you offer a guy a deal and he's on it that quick, I'd be like.. Hmm, maybe we're not doing the right thing here.

Looks like his interest in Phoenix was a ruse, but thank God for that.

Oh yeah, and to be clear.. My point was I think the Clippers should have taken pause -- exactly for the reasons you listed.. Blake is injury prone and mostly hype. As the Clippers if you offer a guy a deal and he's on it that quick, I'd be like.. Hmm, maybe we're not doing the right thing here.

Looks like his interest in Phoenix was a ruse, but thank God for that.

​I agree, but the Clippers had to choose between building around him or a tank and rebuild. That franchise has been horrible for most of it's existence so I don't blame them for not wanting to go down that path.

Hard to believe teams will commit 25% of their cap to Otto Porter, a solid three and D guy but nothing more. The Wizards are expected to match it though.

Not big on the Raptors resigning Ibaka and Lowry to such big contracts for multiple years, Ibaka has been declining and Lowry still has injury concerns.

Vlade is calling the Wizards bluff of that they'll match anything.

The Kings have to spend anyway to meet the cap floor. Porter is a solid young talent that's going to get you offense an underrated defender.

The Raptors are now going to be the next Atlanta Hawks in term of mediocrity. Offering big contracts to players that won't get the job done and don't show up when their team needs it the most.

Warriors sign KD to a 2 year, 53M deal.. He will be making ~4.5M less per year than max.

Warriors sign KD to a 2 year, 53M deal.. He will be making ~4.5M less per year than max.

its 9 mil less brah and he was willing to take less than that if they couldn't get Iggy to sign back

What a hero, that Durant :yao:

Durant doesn't make more endorsements from playing on a championship team or anything. lol

• Upvote 2

Hayward is overrated. Where are Hayward, Brown and Tatum gonna play?

Jaylen Brown can defend 2's for sure. I guess Tatum will defend PF's? Both Brown and Tatum could very easily get traded thoughI really think that Boston is going to try and push for Anthony Davis when it comes time for him to re-sign and honestly, the Pelicans would be smart to take all those young players and picks because they have really failed to build around The Brow and will never win a chip with him or at the very least it will take many many years to put the team around him that has what it takes.

Another Celtics/Ainge related noted, So I was reading about the caveat of the Sixers/Celtics trade that didn't come out in the initial reports. One could argue that it's the most important part of the trade. The Celtics cannot get a number 1 pick in '18 or 19. Yes not even if the Lakers pick ends up being number 1 in 2018 and staying with Philly. The Celtics would get the better of either Philly OR Sacramento's pick UNLESS one of those picks is the first overall pick. There's a scenario, albeit highly unlikely, that the Celtics would only get #3 in 2017 and a late round pick in 2019 for the 2017 #1. To top all of that off I imagine that these heavily protected picks will be difficult to move in attempt to get an established star. I can't believe how bad the Celtics got Fleeced here. Danny Ainge should probably be fired.

Edited by seanbrock

Patterson is a nice snag, but I NEED to see them move Kanter for that final piece to contend.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Patterson is a nice snag, but I NEED to see them move Kanter for that final piece to contend.

I don't think Kanter's contract is moveable. It has a 15% trade kicker. I know salaries are a lot these days, but thats just too much for him.

But if you could move him, who would you like that's available?

There are teams out there that will take Kanter's contract for future picks but that's a big gamble because they could easily find themselves in desperate need of those picks. Look at the Pelicans. Having said that they have a very capable GM and a bankable Superstar. I wouldn't do that until they sign George long term, if they can ever do that.

I don't think Kanter's contract is moveable. It has a 15% trade kicker. I know salaries are a lot these days, but thats just too much for him.

But if you could move him, who would you like that's available?

Yeah, but he was signed before the cap spike. Even after the kicker he's at $20,566,801, which is $2M less than Adams or about $5M less on average over the course of the deal ($20.14M/year vs. $25M).

So if Kanter's going to shoot up to $20.14M that puts him in range of plenty of players:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/contracts/

Hard to say what teams are willing to move, so who knows. Just give me something.

There are teams out there that will take Kanter's contract for future picks but that's a big gamble because they could easily find themselves in desperate need of those picks. Look at the Pelicans. Having said that they have a very capable GM and a bankable Superstar. I wouldn't do that until they sign George long term, if they can ever do that.

No time for future picks unless they sign PG, like you said. I more like the idea of grabbing a 3rd star and competing this year to entice him to stay.

Not much out there that's attainable for OKC besides Carmelo and they want get rid of his contract, not sure how much they'd want to take on Kanter's contract. Maybe a 3 team deal involving Kevin Love? idk

Fuck Melo and Love, lol. I'd almost rather keep Kanter. I WOULD rather keep Kanter over Love.

Still, I don't think we know the extent of what trades are possible.

Clippers picked up this thing, but apparently he is a horrendous defender. Wonder how he'll translate to the NBA.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Melo and PG couldn't play well together given how they both refuse to play the 4. Also I doubt Melo would go to OKC anyways.

It's a weird situation for the Thunder though. It looks like Russ isn't willing to sign the designated player extension (or he probably would've already) which means there's a real chance him and George are gone next year. If OKC does go all-in for another star player this year, they could be in a disaster for a long time if it doesn't go well.

A lot of people say Carmelo can't play with this person or that person but he seems to play with other stars just fine on the US Olympic team