Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

I see your point but giving KCP a max contract is almost as bad as giving one to Porter lol. Let somebody like the Mavericks give him that deal and enjoy eternal mediocrity.

I'm gonna enjoy the entertainment Lonzo Ball and his dad bring to the NBA in the near future.

• Upvote 1

Fultz hurt his ankle. Sixers are cursed.

Harden got the richest contract extension in history.

Hamilton from Brooklyn was traded to the Raptors for a 1st rd. Pick and DeMarre Carroll. Who might be the worst player in the NBA making 15 million or more.

Two Woj bombs for your souls.

Cory Joseph to the Pacers, CJ Miles to the Raptors in a trade.

I saw the most hillarious meme of the 76ers big 4 getting injured on twitter that I'm not gonna post cause it was not nice.

I feel as if you have an obligation to post it.

• Upvote 2

It'll be pretty crazy if the Rockets manage to trade for Melo. They just better not have to give up Ariza, Gordon, or Capela to do so. Sounds like a 3-team trade is brewing up, and the Rockets will dump Ryan Anderson and probably other Morey "assets."

So, isn't Westbrook eligible for the designated player extension now? I'm not stunned if he chose not to sign it, but I feel like we would've heard more talk about it.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Russ go to the Clippers at some point. Jerry West is there and we know he's track record as a GM. Presti is pretty good too though. I'd like to see him stay and the Thunder also don't have Blake Griffin's contract on the books so there's that.

Don't see how getting Melo helps the Rockets at all. Having 3 guys who want the ball in their hands and work best as the primary ball handler doesn't work often. Also talk about diminishing returns, the offense was already one of the best last season but the defense struggled especially with certain lineups. Adding CP3 helps but Melo wouldn't help the defense at all.

Melo does not work best as the primary ball-handler. That's part of why he's so much better when he's on the Olympics.

Melo would be an interesting 4 in D'Antoni's system, that's for sure

Ballhandler was the wrong word for Melo, was meaning more of the focal point of the offense. If he plays like he did on the Olympic team then hes basically going to be a spot up shooter. Does that really help the Rockets that much? Guess they want to go the route of just trying to outshoot the opposing team which seems to fail come playoff time.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Yeah definitely. They have Chris Paul and James Harden. Both are capable passes and Harden commands a lot of attention.

Excuse me, but have you heard the good news about our lord and savior Lonzo?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I don't know what KD expected lol. You make that decision to sell out and go to the Warriors then you should understand what comes with that. Most people will never respect his rings. I personally don't understand how he can play with Draymond Green. I real competitor would want to come back the next year and rip his heart out.

Put it this way, if the Warriors DIDN'T win the finals it would have been the biggest choke job in any major sport in my life time.

Edited by seanbrock

How can't your respect KD's ring? He played absolutely insane, he wasn't riding coattails or anything like that.

People want to get on him but he had a better overall Finals performance than Lebron ever has IMO.

Nobody is saying he didn't play great basketball in the finals. Nobody is even saying he's not one of the best 2-5 players in the league. He's one of the most unstoppable scorers ever but the deck was stacked. He went to a team that couldn't not win the title. He went played with the dude who kicked him in the balls in the conference finals because he didn't believe that he could beat them. Most people want to beat their rivals. I could even see if he was wallowing in some shit organization like Anthony Davis is in New Orleans but he was a game away from going to the finals the year before last and actually WINNING a ring not having one handed to him just by signing his name on a contract. Would you play on a team with Draymond Green after that conference finals? lol If you say yes you have NO heart.

• Upvote 2