Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

This doesn't really change the fact that they're going to get skull fucked by Golden State in the postseason.

Small price to play for a meh player. I have never been into Melo or his game. He's a volume shooter that doesn't always play D and has the propensity to be a douche. Presti has been trade-raping people, though--he fulfilled my wish of trading Kanter for a 3rd ★. Our defense is 10 times better just for losing him, lol.

This move doesn't make them better than the Warriors. Their bench is still worse despite the W's vets adding another ring to their trunk. However, it is a move that could push the group to stay in OKC which would be a win in itself. They hang on, build some chemistry and a bench as GS begins to lose pieces, and then KD comes back like a little pussy and we win 7.

• Upvote 1

I like that the Thunder are trying their best to go for it all, even if the odds are slim. Good on them. I just feel that they deplated a decent amount of depth to add stars and it won't be enough to beat Golden State who has the stars and depth. But again, I like that they are actually trying instead of moping and saying we'll never beat them anyways.

• Upvote 1

Small price to play for a meh player. I have never been into Melo or his game. He's a volume shooter that doesn't always play D and has the propensity to be a douche. Presti has been trade-raping people, though--he fulfilled my wish of trading Kanter for a 3rd ★. Our defense is 10 times better just for losing him, lol.

This move doesn't make them better than the Warriors. Their bench is still worse despite the W's vets adding another ring to their trunk. However, it is a move that could push the group to stay in OKC which would be a win in itself. They hang on, build some chemistry and a bench as GS begins to lose pieces, and then KD comes back like a little pussy and we win 7.

Yeah I think that is really the biggest thing about Melo coming to OKC. If OKC moves Melo to the 4, that would space the floor really nicely for Westbrook and George. If those guys can turn into good catch and shoot scorers they could be dangerous. If this ends up working and the Thunder look good it will also be a lot easier to sign vets for the bench and maybe down the road, another star to replace Carmelo.

• Upvote 1

Melo said he'd be willing to play the 4. If he sticks with that OKC will be #2 in the west IMO.

Melo said he'd be willing to play the 4. If he sticks with that OKC will be #2 in the west IMO.

​I think San Antonio is still 2nd best in the West, IMO. Houston and OKC are pretty darn close for 3rd and 4th.

I dunno, Kawhi is a beast and Pop is obviously an amazing coach, but theres not really anyone else on that team I really like. I suppose they can surprise me but I think the Spurs take a bit of a step back this season.

I dunno, Kawhi is a beast and Pop is obviously an amazing coach, but theres not really anyone else on that team I really like. I suppose they can surprise me but I think the Spurs take a bit of a step back this season.

​Everyone says they are going to take a step back every year and they never do, lol. Besides, it's not like Houston and OKC have loaded rosters outside of their stars.

Yeah the way it looks now obviously the Spurs couldn't have enough depth but there are a lot of guys who would go play with LeBron, Kawhi and Pop and I'm not that well read up on the Spurs but I bet they have draft and stash guys ready to go at a moments notice lol it's the fucking Spurs man.

​Everyone says they are going to take a step back every year and they never do, lol. Besides, it's not like Houston and OKC have loaded rosters outside of their stars.

That's not true. They won the title in 2014 and were the 6th seed in 2015. They have their ebbs and flows. I'm not saying they're gonna be trash, just somewhere around the 3-4 seed.

That's not true. They won the title in 2014 and were the 6th seed in 2015. They have their ebbs and flows. I'm not saying they're gonna be trash, just somewhere around the 3-4 seed.

​I just don't see it. Kawhai could be the best two player in the league behind LeBron and they have the best coach of that group. We'll have to wait and see, but I think it will take more than collecting All Stars to be better than the Spurs.

Ginobili was so good in the playoffs this year man. He's a very underrated player in the grand scheme of the NBA. One of the absolute best players ever. top 50 all-time? I'd say borderline

​I just don't see it. Kawhai could be the best two player in the league behind LeBron and they have the best coach of that group. We'll have to wait and see, but I think it will take more than collecting All Stars to be better than the Spurs.

OKC has always wrecked the Spurs so either way I'm not worried about it. Billy out-coached Pop in the series last they met.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

With the moves OKC made, I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump ahead of the Spurs but I don't see the Rockets being better than the Spurs. Westbrook usually does pretty well against the Spurs and if George or Melo become a good spot up shooter, they should be able to outpower them. Although the lack of depth and only 1 big that is any good, in Adams, is troubling for OKC. Aldridge should be able to man handle Melo in the post if they stick with playing Melo at PF.

I think this season for the Spurs will be about developing some of the younger talent and seeing if its worth it to keep Aldridge, but I highly doubt he stays come next offseason. Which allows SA to become a major player in a loaded FA next year.

The West is gonna be fun all year long.

Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Thunder, TrailBlazers, Grizzlies, Pelicans, T-Wolves

All teams with either great coaches, great philosophies, or great talent. It's gonna be a dogfight.

Meanwhile. I can't wait for the Bulls to get that #1 Pick.. which they'll find a way to fuck up.

Wow, Embiid got a 5 year max deal for 149 Milly. It was a risky move but this is the guy who can bring us a chip.

Its a phenominally stupid move. That is his max. You're telling me you couldn't have seen how this season went and given him the same contract in July?

Apparently he can earn more with All NBA selections, MVP's and DPOY's but there are also supposedly protections for the Sixers if he misses significant playing time.

Apparently he can earn more with All NBA selections, MVP's and DPOY's but there are also supposedly protections for the Sixers if he misses significant playing time.

Yeah that wasn't out when I posted it. If there are the huge injury protections claimed, then it's fine. He's a stud when he's on the court anyways.

Spurs just gave Aldridge a 3 year extension worth $72M. Don't necessarily agree with this move as there were loads of reports of him being unhappy and wanting a trade this offseason. Also was looking forward to the Spurs having a bunch of cap space for next offseason. Now they have a bunch tied up in Alridge and Gasol for their frontcourt. Unless Alridge takes another step forward and learns to play well with Kawhi, this team is going to have a tough time in a loaded West.

That 3 year deal becomes more and more tradable though. Some teams will take on a deal like Aldiridge's for a year or two if they get a valuable draft pick in return. Despite all their success the Spurs have never been a big free agent destination. I'm at the point where I don't even question the moves the Spurs make because they play the long game so well and you know that Popovic will find a way to win 50 games. Don't be surprised if they end up with the 2nd seed again.