Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

That 3 year deal becomes more and more tradable though. Some teams will take on a deal like Aldiridge's for a year or two if they get a valuable draft pick in return. Despite all their success the Spurs have never been a big free agent destination. I'm at the point where I don't even question the moves the Spurs make because they play the long game so well and you know that Popovic will find a way to win 50 games. Don't be surprised if they end up with the 2nd seed again.

As far as I can remember, the only times the Spurs really went after a big name free agent was KD and Aldridge, so its hard to say for sure. I feel like Pop carries a lot of cache with players. That being said, the Spurs have had a really weird offseason. This contract seems out of nowhere and the Pau deal makes absolutely no sense. I wonder if Pop has decided when he's going to retire and is more worried about doing what he can to win one more.

So do we even need to have an eastern conference playoffs at this point? I mean, the Celtics were never going to beat the Cavs anyway but the NBA playoffs are entirely irrelevant. Hell, the finals are irrelevant to because the Cavs have exactly the same chance at beating GS as any eastern conference team has dethroning them. lol

The Gordon Hayward injury is one of the most unfortunate and sad ways I've ever seen a season tip off with. I feel so bad for that guy.