Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

The more I see from Fultz, the more I think Manu Ginobili as far as their playing styles go.

The more I see from Fultz, the more I think Manu Ginobili as far as their playing styles go.

Manu isn't a born loser.

No because Manu is a multiple time champ like Fultz will be.

If he does, it'll be in spite of him and not because of him.

Fevre r u back to being a Suns fan?

I have never not been a Suns fan ( yeah, I know it's in my tag). I still like following Bulls news for Hoiberg.. But during over the last few seasons when I went to check on basketball news or try to find some games, I still always wanted or wished I had Suns games.. Even when they were obviously tanking, still wanted to see how they were doing.

There was never a point in time where I actually knew more about the Bulls than the Suns or followed the Bulls more than the Suns. I definitely wanted to.. (Un)fortunately, being a Suns fan..It just.. stuck. I guess that's what being a fan is about, eh? Ha.

Ownership (which is why I felt a need to change) still blows. One of the biggest pieces of shit people in sports I think. Probably will be until he dies. Guess I gotta live with it.

Edited by Banned4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Manu isn't a born loser.

Thanks Skip.

Thanks Skip.

I don't know what this means. Obvious statement, or... ? lol.

It's easy to look like a good player when you have nothing around you.. Players who aren't fake will make their teams better, potentially carry them. Fultz couldn't do that and he definitely won't in the NBA. I think it's gonna be apparent really quick that he really won't have the kind of ceiling many think he has.

Fultz really won't have to carry his team. He'll just have to make shots. When has Manu Ginobili ever had to carry a team? Has Kyrie Irving ever carried a team? Does that mean he's not good? Does that mean they can't contribute heavily to a title run? How many players in the NBA CAN carry a team to a title? I would argue none. Even LeBron who is clearly the best basketball player on the planet, needs a couple all stars and shooters around him. How many can carry a team to the playoffs? Not that many. Fultz is a perfect compliment to Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. That counts for something.

• Upvote 2

I don't know what this means. Obvious statement, or... ? lol.

It means thats the kind of statement skip bayless would make. Stupid.

Fultz really won't have to carry his team. He'll just have to make shots. When has Manu Ginobili ever had to carry a team? Has Kyrie Irving ever carried a team? Does that mean he's not good? Does that mean they can't contribute heavily to a title run? How many players in the NBA CAN carry a team to a title? I would argue none. Even LeBron who is clearly the best basketball player on the planet, needs a couple all stars and shooters around him. How many can carry a team to the playoffs? Not that many. Fultz is a perfect compliment to Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. That counts for something.

He bailed out Lebron in the Finals ALL last year and should've had Finals MVP... don't start.

He's just not going to be very good at all. Doesn't have what it takes..Had terrible workouts with your sixers and the Cs. Granted, they are only workouts but has to be at leats disappointing. if you traded up to take a role player and are happy with that, that's okay with me -- just seems like a waste. And unfortunately, you have nothing close to the talent of a Manu or Kyrie. Let's calm down. lol

fultz-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq1TYULLf6uJ

Man the team names are gonna be so grateful to have Fultz sitting on the bench. The fans in city are surely gonna treat him well.

Straight up poser.

Edited by Banned4Ever

The worst part about the trade for the Bulls was having to give up the 16th pick. When you're moving the best player in the deal, you shouldn't be giving out a 1st with him unless you're taking an albatross contract off the other team's hands which was not the case. Poor decision.

​I like Zach LaVine a lot and I think a lot of people here are sleeping on him. The guy was balling out before the injury last year, he was averaging 19 ppg on 46% from the field and 39% from 3. The injury is no doubt a concern and the big question mark about him, but he's only 22. I could see him developing into a 20 pppg player in Chicago. I'm not a huge Dunn fan, but supposedly Chicago loved him in last year's draft and despite an awful rookie season he is just a year remvoed from being a top 5 pick. Maybe a change of scenery helps him.

• Upvote 1

Another classic case of Bware overrating his teams shit players. Wolves raped the Bulls. Lavine had a serious knee injury and is nothing more than a dunk champion. Dunn lulz. If he was any good he'd start over Rubio.

Lavine improved his scoring average by 4 points from year 1 to year 2, then by 5 points from year 2 to year 3. 19 points a game last season on a team with both KAT and Wiggins to steal shots. If he returns to health (and all indications are that he's full steam ahead), he'll be a 20-25 PPG player for the Bulls. 39% from 3 last season, 55% effective field goal percentage last season. Yes, the knee injury is a bummer, but many, many guys have recovered from it and there's no reason to believe that he won't. The Bulls will tread carefully right off the bat with him, so it won't be an instant impact, but believe me, this kid is fucking good.

As for Dunn, Thibodeau wouldn't give him any chance to get into any kind of rhythm. He was always raw as an offensive player but his defense will wreak havoc and he has great vision. There's no reason to think he just is what he is. People forget that Ricky Rubio is a generational talent. I thought the Wolves should have drafted Buddy Hield for shooting, and I still think that they should have.

He bailed out Lebron in the Finals ALL last year and should've had Finals MVP... don't start.

Kyrie has never won shit without LeBron James.

• Upvote 2

When Kyrie is not hot, he is a black hole for possession. I don't want him anywhere near the Wolves, and I don't think he's capable of carrying anyone.

• Upvote 1

While I don't have an opinion on the Fultz thing because I saw him play often in the Pac 12 and can speak to the level of inexperience and sometimes ineptitude of Washington's team, and how great some of his performances were.

But Simmons and Fultz are both in mostly unprecedented area as both players are coming from college teams that were pretty terrible, and ended up being drafted #1. Going to be interesting to see how two players who played on shitty college teams will try to improve one of the worst team in the league.

While I don't have an opinion on the Fultz thing because I saw him play often in the Pac 12 and can speak to the level of inexperience and sometimes ineptitude of Washington's team, and how great some of his performances were.
But Simmons and Fultz are both in mostly unprecedented area as both players are coming from college teams that were pretty terrible, and ended up being drafted #1. Going to be interesting to see how two players who played on shitty college teams will try to improve one of the worst team in the league.

Simmons will be interesting because his offensive game is pretty bad and from what I hear he still hasn't developed a good enough shot. His passes for a guy his size are incredible though.

What? Lmao. LeBron was amazing in those finals. Did you forget the block that happened a minute earlier- off of a horrible Irving shot/push to the rim as well? Or how about 30 seconds after, when Irving rushed to the hoop with 22 seconds on the shot clock and lost the basketball and was lucky enough to grab it and lob it in to where the Cavs could get it. Even if you remove Irving's 3 altogether, Cavs still win by 1.

You are the biggest hater of James I've ever seen and its hilarious.

Edited by Thanatos

You should ask him his list of players better than LeBron. It's amazing.

What? Lmao. LeBron was amazing in those finals. Did you forget the block that happened a minute earlier- off of a horrible Irving shot/push to the rim as well? Or how about 30 seconds after, when Irving rushed to the hoop with 22 seconds on the shot clock and lost the basketball and was lucky enough to grab it and lob it in to where the Cavs could get it. Even if you remove Irving's 3 altogether, Cavs still win by 1.

Every championship Lebron has won someone will make up an excuse of some player that bailed him on lol.

You should ask him his list of players better than LeBron. It's amazing.

Like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant?

You gave me a massive list with some insane people like Karl Malone and Allen Iverson.

When you mention Allen Iverson, you be more respectful, sir. :mjtears:

AI = GOAT.

• Upvote 2