RazorStar

Razor's Top 100 Players of 2016

Polls  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think will be number 1?

• Quarterback
    • Runningback
    • Wide Receiver
    • Tight End
    • Offensive Line
    • Edge Defender (3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE)
    • Interior Defensive Lineman (3-4 DL, 4-3 DT)
    • Linebacker (4-3 OLB, MLB, 3-4 ILB)
    • Cornerback
    • Safety
  2. 2. Do you want to make your own top 100 list?

• Yes, I am a masochist
    • No, I have things to do.
  3. 3. What choice do you think most people will pick?

• The Fifth Choice
    • The First Choice
    • The Fourth Choice
    • The Second Choice
    • The Third Choice

Love the reading material, especially "clench your buttholes" for Russell Wilson and "Black Dynamite" for Kam :lol:

1. Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Von Miller

4. Aaron Donald

5. Khalil Mack

6. Antonio Brown

7. JJ Watt

8. Julio Jones

9. David Johnson

10. Zack Martin

11. Odell Beckham Jr.

12. Landon Collins

13. Leveon Bell

14. Earl Thomas III

15. Bobby Wagner

16. Kelechi Osemele

17. Drew Brees

18. AJ Green

19. Ndamakung Suh

20. Eric Berry

21. Malcolm Butler

22. Jordy Nelson

23. Matt Ryan

24. Joey Bosa

25. Derek Carr

:shrug:

Edited by BC

Nice to see Howard getting little love. Our interior line is pretty beast guard to guard. Cody whitehair was such a nice surprise. Our tackles are complete ass though

Well the lack of predictions are pretty disappointing, so I'm just gonna move on down this list.

25. Jurrell Casey, DT, :Titans:

Jurrell was one of those guys that just kept climbing up my preliminary list until he ended up here in the top 25. Stopping the run, rushing the passer, he’s a beast in every facet of the game. The Titans really got a steal when they drafted him in the third round in 2011.

24. Patrick Peterson, CB, :Cardinals:

It might be a boring choice, but Peterson is my highest rated corner of the year. He’s an athletic beast, incredibly smart, and performs no matter what else the defense is doing. He makes the game 10 on 10 whenever he’s on the field. And he’s almost never off the field.

23. A.J. Green, WR, :Bengals:

And right beside Peterson is the player drafted just before him in the 2011 draft. Green has always been a dominant player since he stepped into the league. He’s been overshadowed by another receiver in the class because that guy is a lot flashier, but Green performs at a high level with typically worse QB play. He constantly makes acrobatic catches, and makes them look routine. He only played 10 games last year, and it was his first season with less than 1000 yards, but he’s still just that good that he deserves notice.

22. Derek Carr, QB, :Raiders:

All hail the new king, the richest player in football, and the king sitting on the iron throne for at least a few more weeks. Carr has really developed into a true threat as a quarterback. He throws with pinpoint precision anywhere on the field, and if not for an untimely injury, he could have given the Raiders their first playoff win since 2002. Alas and alack, that story will have to wait for another year, but as long as he’s healthy, the Raiders will be a hard team to beat.

21. Bobby Wagner, MLB, :Seahawks:

The glue of the Seattle Seahawks, and one of the best linebackers to play the game today. Bobby Wagner is building a legend in Seattle. While other players are louder and more talked about, Wagner provides consistency and a healthy pace for the Seattle defense. The brains of the operation, his tackling skills are superb, and his range in coverage is exemplary. When it comes down to it, Wagner was the best pure linebacker of 2016.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't agree more about Wagner. He's a video game of a football player in that he just does everything so well. In the day in age Nickle CB's get more snaps than line backers Wagner is the kind of modern day LB that can cover. What impressed me most maybe though is how he doesn't miss tackles. The foundation of the LB position remains the same. I might have had him higher if it was my list.

The top 20 is stacked, I had a hard time with the order, but I feel like each and every player belongs.

20. Chandler Jones, OLB, :Cardinals:

It doesn’t matter that he moved to the other side of the country, or that he’s no longer a Patriot, or that’s he in a heavier 3-4 focused scheme. Chandler Jones is still as legit a player in arizona as he was in New England. He’s a force that cannot be stopped by typical mortal men, and it helps that there are no pantheon of gods when it comes to the NFC west offensive lines. His pass rush game just gets better and better as he gets more and more experience, and might be one of those few big time free agent contracts that actually pay off.

19. Le’Veon Bell, RB, :Steelers:

I know some of you may be crying out that this is too low for the guy, and I’d tend to agree if I was just focusing on what he can do on the field. The biggest problem with Bell is that he’s a total dumbass, and between his marijuana suspensions and unfortunate injuries, he’s rarely been on the field when the Steelers need him most. Which is a shame because he was an incredible runner in his games with the Steelers this year, but he was blockaded by the Patriots in the championship game and that just leaves a sour taste in your mouth. He’s a great player, but you got to stay on the field to play the games, you know?

18. David Johnson, RB, :Cardinals:

David Johnson is an every down threat, and an everyday treat for the Cardinals. While he had flashes of brilliance as a rookie, he broke out onto the spotlight in a major way in year two. He’s the kind of player you need to know what he’s doing every single down, because if your defense loses sight of him for a second, he’s gone, and with a touchdown in hand. The only detraction to his game is that he’s a little loose with possession of the ball, but he’s so beastly that a few slip ups can be forgiven.

17. Odell Beckham, WR, :Giants:

Odell has been putting on a clinic since he came into this league, and his mental toughness took a big step up this year, after everyone was making a big deal about the kicking net thing, he did the only right thing to do and ran the joke into the ground himself. That’s the kind of thing that comes with wisdom, or just really good advice. Dude looks like a banana, but his game is bananas, so I guess that fits. Will he continue to get his 4th straight 1300+ yard season next year? The outlook is positive.

16. Geno Atkins, DT, :Bengals:

I’ve loved Geno since he came into the league, dude just always finds a way to make offensive lines miserable, and it’s not like he’s going up against weak competition either. He’s quick on his feet and packs some nasty power in that frame. Just exactly what you want in your three tech, power, speed, smarts, technique, dude has it all. It’s sort of a golden age for defensive linemen though, which is why he’s only third best on this list. Yeah, if I’m running a squad and Geno is my third defensive tackle I’m laughing to the fucking bank.

Edited by RazorStar

Geno is like a modern day John Randle but probably better against the run.

Lol, remember Chern was calling Geno so overrated?

Geno is a beast... anyone who says otherwise is probably a salty former Bungles fan. :smug:

Geno was a monster at Georgia and shouldve went higher than he did in the draft I believe he was a 4th round pick Bengals got a huge steal

Don't recall me saying Geno was overrated. :think: He's a phenomenal pass rusher, but he's still recovering from that ACL tear.

According to the poll I'm the only one who still believes in Aaron Donald... Unless I've mistaken his position. :ninja:

15. Earl Thomas, S, :Seahawks:

Man, Earl Thomas only played 11 games last year. I feel just a little bit bad about having him this high, but he’s always been the best member of the legion of boom, and this year was no different. The leg fracture he suffered was untimely, but he was playing at a top level before hand, so I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. There are a lot of great players on the Seahawks’ D, but no one could replace the efforts of ET, which is the biggest reason why the Seahawks stumbled down the stretch, before getting unceremoniously rejected in the postseason. He keeps the deep third of the field secure and nearly impenetrable, and I’m hoping he recovers from injury soon.

14. Drew Brees, QB, :Saints:

Time to knock some QB’s off this list, and it’s time to start with ol’ reliable. Drew Brees has been in the league a long ass time, yet he just keeps putting up incredible numbers no matter who he is throwing to. The days of Colston, Graham and Cooks are gone, but he’s still gonna put up numbers with Michael Thomas and the rest of that motley crew. He’s mobile enough to find the throwing lanes, has the arm to hit a receiver in the hands from anywhere on the field, and smart enough to know exactly what the defense intends to do every single play. We’ve been spoiled by good QB play these past 15 years or so, and we may not give Drew Brees the credit he deserves for what he’s done in this league.

13. Aaron Rodgers, QB, :Packers:

Man, Aaron Rodgers had such a good finish that it would almost be remiss of me to not place him higher. It seems like Rodgers can only perform at his absolute peak when the chips are down, and he needs to prove something to someone. Dude is a lot like Joe Pesci in that way. Whether it’s telling people to R-E-L-A-X, or that he’s gonna run the table, when he’s got that obstacle in his way, he’s gonna prove his haters wrong. His defense collapsed against the Falcons in the NFC championship, and he didn’t have enough gas to carry the entire team to victory, but if the Packers had just a few more healthy corners, we could have been talking about them hoisting the lombardi this year.

12. Fletcher Cox, DT, :Eagles:

Fletcher Cox… holy shit this dude lives up to his contract. He forces a double team every single time he’s on the field, and for the teams who do not abide by the promise, they will suffer for it, every single time. Dude understands the definition of the word quit, but he thinks people who use it a sentence are weak fucking sisters and he’ll have none of that. It may be premature, but I think you have to start putting him in the discussion with other great eagles defensive linemen. He’s not touching Reggie White of course, but compared to Clyde Simmons, Trent Cole, Jerome Brown? Dude is just as impactful as those Eagle greats, if not moreso. Cox is coming for greatness, and greatness better shower first.

11. Julio Jones, WR, :Falcons:

Julio! Dude has a very fun nickname to say, which is good because Quintorris is an awful and terrible name for a WR. It works for like a linebacker or something, but receiver names need to be concise and fun to say, or just biblical. Julio’s game is certainly biblical, in that defensive backs who play against wonder if god has forsaken them. Dude puts absolutely everything into his game, and his athleticism and talent are unrivaled. The biggest knock on him will always be that he can’t finish an entire season, but over the past three seasons he’s only missed three games. He may turning the corner healthwise, which is good because when he’s on he is the most dynamic and exciting receiver to watch in the entire league right now.

Anyway here's your top ten in alphabetical order.

Eric Berry

Tom Brady

Antonio Brown

Landon Collins

Aaron Donald

Khalil Mack

Zack Martin

Von Miller

Matt Ryan

Marshal Yanda

Don't recall me saying Geno was overrated. :think: He's a phenomenal pass rusher, but he's still recovering from that ACL tear.

http://thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71054-your-team-the-overrated-underrated-enigmas-and-trash/?p=2535647 I'm sure you said it elsewhere whether it being the box or another thread(s).

*credit goes to BLUE for the find*

• Upvote 2

http://thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71054-your-team-the-overrated-underrated-enigmas-and-trash/?p=2535647 I'm sure you said it elsewhere whether it being the box or another thread(s).

*credit goes to BLUE for the find*

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

Overrated: Geno Atkins

Underrated: Reggie Nelson, Vincent Rey, Carlos Dunlap

Enigma: Andy Dalton

Trash: Clint Boling & Whoever we put at LG.

giphy.gif
  • Upvote 1

The list went to the opposite of shit real fast.

Edited by RazorStar

Uh, Eric Berry is a great story and all but over Julio, who was dominant in his position? COME ON MAN

Eric Berry was dominant last year man. It wasn't just a come back story imo. I didn't see a lot of Chiefs games but every game I saw the guy was all over the field.

You may be a Bjorn again browns fan, but you can't let your chargers bias escape you hmm? Berry played well enough to be in the DPOTY discussion last year, and that's not hyperbole.

• Upvote 1

Yet Julio would be right there with AB in the running for OPOTY if it wasn't a QB/RB award. Razor pls.

I don't have an issue with Berry over Julio. Julio to me isn't as good as he should be in the red zone. He's not on Brown's level. I have more of an issue with Berry over Earl Thomas. He's been the main piece of a defense that has been dominant for damn near a decade and been playing at an all pro level damn near since day. I see why you dock players for missing games but this is Thomas' first major injury and there's no reason to believe he won't bounce back.

If you're doing this List heavily weighed on the previous seasons grades I can understand by Thomas is still the best safety.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That is the most ridiculous statement I've seen.

Julio is and always will be the best RZ threat at WR ever.

Just because the Falcons don't go to him 9/10 RZ passing attempts doesn't mean that AB is better. The fade to Julio is unstoppable. But him alone spit outside is enough attention for a defense that opens up so many more opportunities for every other person on that offense.

• Downvote 2

The most TD's Julio has scored in a season is 10 and it's his only season with double digit TD's. The reason why Antonio Brown is way better in the red zone is because he has a million ways to get open in small spaces, not just one. Also when you're just open in the end zone you don't need the QB to make a perfect throw nearly as often either like you do on a fade route.