Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

The FOOD Thread

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your steak?

2. 2. Vanilla or Chocolate?

Only eat plant based now

Come at me bro

Ive tried it for about 4 months and it was god awful. What do you eat ?

• Upvote 1

Only eat plant based now

Come at me bro

Diet, doctors orders, or did you convert to veganism?

• Upvote 1

Ive tried it for about 4 months and it was god awful. What do you eat ?

I eat a ton of fruits and veggies, lots of bread and pasta, occasionally ill eat some of the meat, cheese, and milk replacements they have which are actually pretty good. Its been surprisingly easy to be honest

Diet, doctors orders, or did you convert to veganism?

A combination of all three but I really just slowly converted to veganism. I first dropped red meat in January to help with cholesterol, then I dropped poultry and was pescatarian for a while. Moved on to full-fledged veganism about a month ago. Its easy for me because it doesn't feel like a diet choice like when someone decides they'll give up soda etc. For me it feels like an obligation because I feel so strongly against eating animal based foods now.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. I could never up meat, I just love the savory taste of it too much. To each their own. Do you get enough protein with tofu, or is there some other mystery food to make that work?

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. I could never up meat, I just love the savory taste of it too much. To each their own. Do you get enough protein with tofu, or is there some other mystery food to make that work?

I used to feel the same, never would have imagined I'd call myself vegan (although I prefer to say I eat plant-based). I still get enough protein, thats typically the number one question/concern people have regarding veganism but its largely just a misconception. The majority of animals we eat get their protein from plants so why can't we? I keep tofu (and other soy products) down because too much can lead to an increase in estrogen levels in men. Although a high intake in soy has been linked to a 70% reduction in prostate cancer incidence. A lot of evidence and opinions to consider.

Since I like to workout a lot I supplement with pea protein powder after workouts. Haven't noticed a difference in my workouts or recovery.

Bleu Cheese is disgusting, though

It's ok. Not everyone can have taste.

Most cheese is pretty disgusting when you read about it. Blue cheese is made with the same bacteria that is prevalent on human skin, mostly the foot.

Blots and Rex Ryan slurping down that cheese.

• Upvote 2

If you've had jello you've eaten the interior of a horse hoof. Food is gross. Just don't think about it.

If you've had jello you've eaten the interior of a horse hoof. Food is gross. Just don't think about it.

Super good for your bones though

This ^. Any vitamins or nutrients you get from meat you can also get from plants. Minus all the steroids and all the other lovely shit they pump into animals. Vitamin B12 comes from our environment which is cool. I've been slowly and slowly trying to cut animal products from my diet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

meat protein is a myth, so is only getting B12 from meat.

If you only ate fruit the rest of your life and threw in a few vegetables,youd be fine..better than fine.

Ive been looking up Grape-fasting

Are you saying that its possible to get protein without meat or that meat doesn't have protein? Because if its the former, you can but you have to specifically plan for it. If its the latter, you're an idiot.

Firstly, I couldn't care less if you neg me.

Secondly, yeah overeating meat isn't healthy. Especially red meat. But to say it literally doesn't have protein is simply absurd.

where did I say it didnt have protein?

When I said I wasn't sure if you meant that or not and you said I didnt know what I was talking about blah blah blah.

who's soy? American soy is fake

It's fake? Perhaps you could elaborate a little.

Soy milk isn't american for milk, it's spanish for milk.

(that was my lame joke, please don't kill me)

• Upvote 1

I like my meat to be as dark as I am, both inside and out.

I also love soul food and chicken.

Favorite food of all time is deep dish. Not from Chicago but from Detroit.

I like my meat to be as dark as I am, both inside and out.

I also love soul food and chicken.

Favorite food of all time is deep dish. Not from Chicago but from Detroit.

a13f6b55ed5fe846b25536188021f97a8a8f6377

Biryani for any of you who love food that hails from the middle east region. It is quite possibly the greatest thing to eat that involves rice. There were only a few foods I would eat over that.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza

Incidentally, I had wings last night. Of all the stupid things bware has said here, trashing wings is probably the dumbest.

In most forms and from most outlets, wings are overrated. Tough to eat and messy. Wings have to be incredible to be worth it

Just stand it up on the bone, claw your fingers around the top of the bone and peel off the meat by sliding your hand down if you find them difficult to eat.

In most forms and from most outlets, wings are overrated. Tough to eat and messy. Wings have to be incredible to be worth it

Wet hand dry hand method brah