Sign in to follow this  
Zack_of_Steel

Derrick Carr sucks

In the entire Carr era, the Raiders have a 2-16 record against playoff teams, with both wins coming against Brock Osweiler.

From 2014-2016, the Raiders have only beat two teams who went on to appear in the playoffs that season. In 2015 they beat the Broncos, starting Brock, and in 2016 they beat the Texans, also starting Brock.

This figure includes playoff appearances. They are 2-15 in the regular season against playoff teams.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/6pg1ho/in_the_entire_carr_era_the_raiders_have_a_216/

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I dunno who this derrick carr guy is, but he needs a facial scrub and a shave.

Edited by RazorStar

valid but if you use this to try to prove the point that he won't beat the good teams then it would be super misleading. He deserves a lot of slack for the fact that the Raiders squad, in terms of looking at how whole and complete its been, hasn't really been north of mediocre for very long. And all those leads the defense has blown. I sense the sarcasm, but it's worth pointing out. I think the Raiders will smash that statistic this year. I'm a little skeptical that they'll excel once they get to the playoffs, however.

Edited by BC

Cause Carr is causing the Raiders to have a shit LBer group and be unable to generate pressure outside Mack.

• Upvote 2

I mean, if you look at Carr's winning record objectively, he's 22-25 in his career, 3-13 rookie year, 7-9 second year, 12-3 third year (injured near the end of the week 16 game). With that kind of start, you're bound to have a poor record against the best teams in the league. In fact, now I'm curious what all the QB's records are like against playoff teams.

Carr is not the reason Raiders lose games... exactly quite the opposite.

The man can only do so much when you have one of the worst defenses consistently in the NFL, no matter how big of a lead.

So after doing the research, Derek Carr had the third worst record for the QBs I crunched the numbers for. Only Matt Stafford (2-16, two wins against the Packers) and Blake Bortles (0-16). I think the sample sizes are too small to say anything definitive, but I may as well present my findings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VrTEQDofVPF76IBnp1Ng8Q0N9VqaO0MdTUFHolbt-2A/edit?usp=sharing

Derek Carr had the 7th worst scoring defense out of the 26 QB's looked at. (Brees, Luck, Tyrod Taylor, Newton, Cousins and Bortles were worse).

The average win rate of a QB against playoff teams was 34.2%, at least for the players I looked at. It'd probably be a bit lower if I looked at every single start over the past three seasons.

Brock Osweilier has a 4-5 record against playoff teams in the same span. This is part of the reason I say you take these initial numbers with a grain of salt. Defense is typically the deciding factor in games vs. playoff teams in the playoffs, I don't think it's any different in the regular season.

Brian Hoyer and Tom Brady are the only QB's to have an average scoring defense of

Philip Rivers has had the most games against postseason teams with 21. Andy Dalton was second with 20, despite missing three games in the span.

• Upvote 1