Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

The OA

I just finished the first season of The OA on Netflix. Has anybody else watched this show yet? It's fucking incredible.

Anyway, I caved and watched Stranger Things about a week or two ago, and I'm glad I did because it was fantastic. Then my next recommendation from Netflix was The OA. I watched it and was absolutely blown away. It's definitively better than Stranger Things, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'd like to discuss the show if anyone else has watched.

Not better than Stranger Things but still a really great show for a lot of different reasons.

Edited by Banned4Ever

What's it aboot. Sell it to me.

Basically a woman resurfaces 7 years after having gone missing as a teenager. When she disappeared, she was blind. When she came back, she can see. What follows is an odd trip into what is/isn't reality? She develops a group of friends from the local school, including one teacher, and she slowly tells them her story and there are supernatural elements. The first season ends on a cliffhanger, of course.

Just watch it. The cast is every bit as good as I've seen on Netflix, right alongside Stranger Things and Longmire. Scott Wilson (Herschel from The Walking Dead) is immediately recognizable, and while I don't know what they were in, several of the other actors are familiar. Just watch it. It's amazing.