Vin

2017 TGP Auction League

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=143389

League has been renewed. If you were in it last year, all you gotta do is log in to your espn account and you'll have access to it. Blue is dropping out, so we're gonna need at least one new entry (assuming everyone comes back). League works the same as a regular league, only you've got a set amount of money in the draft to spend money on players that are nominated, instead of being a typical snake draft.

10 teams. 1 PPR. Prolly gonna add return yardage as a counting stat if people are down for it.

2016 Participants:

Vin

Oochy

Blue

Than

Bay

F4E

Air

MHG

ATL

Oochy's Bro

2017: Participants

Vin

Oochy

Than

Oochy's bro

MHG

Favre

ATL

Edited by Vin

dd3.png

• Upvote 1

Also, my brother will join again if we need him, course that still leaves us a little short

I'm out :welp:

:welp:

MHG has signed up via discord.

Need five more.

:corn:

It's crazy to me that this hasn't filled up.

Need one more so we can get this rolling.

I can try to find another friend to keep this going

If I'm looking at this right one more would put us at 8, we're good with an 8 team league? I'd suggest adding some starting spots if we're that low.

If I'm looking at this right one more would put us at 8, we're good with an 8 team league? I'd suggest adding some starting spots if we're that low.

What would you suggest?

I've only done one other two QB league. That might be something interesting.

What would you suggest?

I've only done one other two QB league. That might be something interesting.

Well the standard 10 team league uses 16 roster spots for 160 players rostered, to keep that you'd want a 20 man roster. I'd want to stretch the bench a bit if we're adding spots, though I'm hesitant to add too many bench spots because it'd make it too easy to manipulate the free agent pool by stockpiling a single position. I'm also hesitant to add too many flex spots because while I think the variability can be good it'd again make it too easy for someone to force scarcity at a specific position.

With that preamble, here's my suggestion:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

QB/RB/WR/TE

RB/WR/TE

K

Def

8 Bench

That adds on WR spot and one superflex to the starting lineups and one bench spot, which brings roster size to 19, still leaves a bigger waiver pool, but not excessively. The superflex would typically end up being a second QB spot (I had this discussion with a co-worker, I think there are a handful of times a different position would be used there, though it would be far less often in an 8 team league unless someone starts stockpiling QBs to fuck with everyone, but I think you can set a cap on specific positions to keep that from being an issue.

That said, I think we may be a little too close to the season at this point, and with an auction changing the roster settings is going to have a huge impact on player valuations

Edited by oochymp

How about this for a plot twist:

By my count, we have 11 people combined for both leagues (including those who are in both), how about we just combine the two leagues? Then we could either find one more person, or drop bjorn since he doesn't really want to do foosball. Plus, this would save me from having to work around ATL's sched since he can only do Wednesdays or Thursdays and Thursday doesn't work this week.

Sounds good to me.

Which league are you suggesting joining with?

How about this for a plot twist:

By my count, we have 11 people combined for both leagues (including those who are in both), how about we just combine the two leagues? Then we could either find one more person, or drop bjorn since he doesn't really want to do foosball. Plus, this would save me from having to work around ATL's sched since he can only do Wednesdays or Thursdays and Thursday doesn't work this week.

does that mean no auction?

Nah, we're doing an auction league. But what I think I'm gonna do is just convert the standard league to an auction just for this season since most of the "randos" are in the standard league.

you cant open up the final spot or two to real randos or... ?