Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Colin Kaepernick

This deserves it's own thread. I think we all ripped Colin for not living up to his contract after taking San Fran to the Super Bowl and deservedly so. He's not a starting QB in the league at this point. I think we know that much but the guy is DEFINITELY one of the 50 best QB's in the league. Chip Kelly, who has had plenty of problems with players said he had no problems with Kaepernick and Jim Harbaugh, who has also had many issues with players has been a vocal supporter of Kaepernick. It's fine to assault people in the NFL but not to exercise your first amendment rights? idk man, I'm really starting believe he's being black balled.

The trouble with Kaepernick is, as you said, he's not really good enough to start, but he also plays too distinctive of a style to be a backup. He's a guy you kinda have to build your offense around and that's a terrible description for a backup.

This deserves it's own thread. I think we all ripped Colin for not living up to his contract after taking San Fran to the Super Bowl and deservedly so. He's not a starting QB in the league at this point. I think we know that much but the guy is DEFINITELY one of the 50 best QB's in the league. Chip Kelly, who has had plenty of problems with players said he had no problems with Kaepernick and Jim Harbaugh, who has also had many issues with players has been a vocal supporter of Kaepernick. It's fine to assault people in the NFL but not to exercise your first amendment rights? idk man, I'm really starting believe he's being black balled.

I will agree he is definitely better than some of the second or third string QBs in the league no doubt about it. the things is though when he exercised his first amendment rights, he showed a lot of owner that he will put representing his own agenda before theirs. I am not mad he did it, I think he was within his rights and he felt that strongly about it, he should have done it.

The question I have is the owners rights. Why are they assholes for deciding that they don't want their name attached to their business? Do business owners not have a right to protect their brand, or should they be guilted into doing something they thing is bad for their franchise. If we are talking an Aaron Rodgers level talent here then that is different because someone who could turn your franchise around and have enough talent to elevate you to the Lombardi will more than make up for fan backlash in Merchandise sales. That is not what we are talking about here though, we are talking about a backup who could divide your locker room and your fan base. Why risk it?

That said if I were a GM I would give him a shot if I thought he would help, but I can say that with the luxury of not having to fill 70,000 seats and make money on merchandise.

Edited by Omerta

I'm not paying a guy to fight for my third string QB spot and bring unwanted attention and hate to my team. Colin Kaepernick is unsigned because he's not a good player. End of story.

The nfl paid him to do this in the first place.

Think about it....one knee and its,a race/police/flag/national pride/ bad - good QB debate all in one.

-perfect-

I wont neg you like some of the douche waffles on here, but you say some crazy shit lol.

• Upvote 2

idk man, the Eagles signed Michael Vick after he got out of jail. It really didn't hurt them at all from a money stand point and they eventually ended up re-signing him after his first contract with the team. You see a lot of guys get second chances after getting in all kinds of legal trouble and being disciplined by the league. If the 49ers lost any money in merchandise or ticket sales it was probably because they went from an elite team to really bad, really fast.

I really don't see how anyone could say that he doesn't have a job based on his ability to play football. There are some really bad back up QB's collecting pay checks in the NFL. Colin Kaepernick has won a lot of games as a starter. There's no way whatsoever that you can convince me it's based on his merits as a player that he is unemployed.

I thought he was super overrated after the SB run but now he is probably underrated. Definitely better than a lot of backups. Been saying Kaep would be a decent enough fit in Bmore with Greg Roman...but his girlfriend probably ruined that opportunity (plus Flacco seems to be back on track). And much like his hair, he brings a circus with him...not good for a backup.

Yea... I'm actually on Team Kaepernick, and got a good laugh out of his girlfriend's post, but, I think that probably fucked up whatever little chance of seeing him in the NFL this season.

He's better then what we have as backups right now in sorry ass Jake Rudock and raw rookie Brad Kaaya, who may not even make the team and end up on practice squad, but it ain't gonna happen.

People want to make Kaep out to be the trashiest of trashy QBs when the reality is that that there are various rosters like the Lions with worse QBs at backups. Anyone who simply makes the argument that he's not on a roster because he sucks I think is wrong.

But I won't disagree with anyone who says that as a backup he's not worth the headache that will come with signing him in the form of disgruntled fans, or people who take offense to protesting the way he did. Which is pretty unfortunate, and a bit upsetting to think about.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I think people forget how big a deal it was when the Eagles brought Vick in after he went to jail for his dog fighting ring. People HATED Vick but it faded pretty fast. This was also after Vick was out of football for like 2-3 years. Can't remember exactly but I really don't think Vick was ever a distraction on the team. How does kneeling for the National Anthem affect the play of players on the field? Kaep wasn't the only player who did this in some form either. Players all around the league did it. Players being asked questions about it is probably annoying to some but I really fail to see how it could affect the play of anyone, especially seeing as how his coach last year said he never brought it into the locker room. Hell, last year players from all 32 teams were asked about his stance. I don't think it made a damn bit of difference.

• Upvote 1

theres no proof Vick had a dog fighting gig either. Just stories and a couple pictures that dont have any Vick or Vick with dog, that look like anything suspect is happening in them. so

animal lovers and black people could be at each others throats, while he sat in luxury

somewhere waiting to play again.

yeah, no proof, well, other than the Federal conviction, but other than that, yeah, no proof

A lot of people on draft twitter are defending him as some messiah QB who could start over half the league. Thank god y'all have good takes. He's not signed as a backup because teams don't want the attention that comes with him. He's definitely one of the better backups in the league though, if he were to get a roster spot.

• Upvote 1

I would take Green Bay QBs 1-4 before I would Kaep.

you dont know what facts or proof actually is.

okay, I'll bite, what do you consider facts and proof? what does it take for you to believe something short of experiencing it first hand?

I would take Green Bay QBs 1-4 before I would Kaep.

Brett Hundley is pretty nice though. If I needed a QB and I was a team like Washington or the Giants I'd be on the phone with Green Bay trying to work something out. I think Hundley always had the talent but he needed some seasoning on the bench. He got that in Green Bay. I know it's pre-season but in the Green Bay pre-season games I saw he was impressive.

I think people forget how big a deal it was when the Eagles brought Vick in after he went to jail for his dog fighting ring. People HATED Vick but it faded pretty fast. This was also after Vick was out of football for like 2-3 years. Can't remember exactly but I really don't think Vick was ever a distraction on the team. How does kneeling for the National Anthem affect the play of players on the field? Kaep wasn't the only player who did this in some form either. Players all around the league did it. Players being asked questions about it is probably annoying to some but I really fail to see how it could affect the play of anyone, especially seeing as how his coach last year said he never brought it into the locker room. Hell, last year players from all 32 teams were asked about his stance. I don't think it made a damn bit of difference.

See the thing is patriotism in this country is a virtue and the only virtue that trumps (trumps...lol see what I did there) patriotism is religion. Vick could have killed someone and it would have been welcomed back sooner than someone who is disrespecting an American institution. The other thing that Kaep is that he is looked upon as a hypocrite for being raised by a white family who gave him a good life, and now "shitting" on them by blaming white people for the country's ills. He is also a hypocrite in some of the black communities because they see a mulatto dude who has never struggled a day in his life thinking he can wear a fro and a Malcolm X shirt and now he gets to stand on the shoulders of those living it. I personally don't hold these views but from real life conversations from several black people and pretty much every single white person and veteran I know, this was the consensus I got.

The thing about the locker room you answered n your own post. Kaep was one guy who started it, and then the next thing you know a lot of people are. Either him or his message is contagious, either way if you are an NFL owner who does not approve and the vast majority of the people who buy merch and buy tickets do not approve, that is a scary proposition. Having a backup QB who has proven he can get many to follow him in his social activism is not something they want on the roster.

I think The Rooney's will end up giving Kaepernick a shot and he's a pretty good fit with their team. Right now they have Dobbs and Landry Jones and Roethlisberger has been known to get hit with nagging injuries throughout the year.

I think The Rooney's will end up giving Kaepernick a shot and he's a pretty good fit with their team. Right now they have Dobbs and Landry Jones and Roethlisberger has been known to get hit with nagging injuries throughout the year.

It is possible, but the fanbase would riot imo. A bunch of blue collar steel workers from the Allegheny mountains probably would not feel great about it. Also, I am not sure if him and Tomlin would get along, or him and Todd Haley.

and yet I guarantee you they would have no problem selling out Heinz Field. No fucking way those fans aren't tuning in to watch a team that could potentially make another run at a Super Bowl.

Edited by seanbrock

This fuckin guy is half black and was raised by white parents in nice suburban towns in Wisconsin and California. This whole phony BLM bullshit that he's doing is all for attention, and it's why teams don't want to deal with him. He's a gimmick QB, and a major attention whore. Fuck Colin Kaepernick, how's that sound?

The only thing I'd bring in Colin Kaepernick for would be to see how worthless particular defensive backs are. Can't pick off Colin? Beat it, bitch.

you reading something and believing it doesn't prove it's true. Absolutely nothing can replace first hand knowledge. Most everything in your life is based on trust in a external source.youve been trained to need and to have and to get instead of just simply to 'be','being', to 'know'. Since the day you were born your entire life has been influenced by artificial stimuli . everything you think,feel,believe was taught to you by media,tv,radio,news paper etc..only a hand full of thoughts if any have ever been your own.

The problem I have with that world view is how limited it is. Even to facts. For instance, the Eiffel Tower. I have seen it, I have touched it, I know it is real. For some low income 8 year old, all he has are pictures in books. If he were to have your world view he would never grow up dreaming to see the Eiffel tower seeing as it is not real because it is in a written publication, written by a man who has an agenda. All the while not knowing it does exist, and had he had just the tiniest bit of faith he too could have seen it.

How do you explain things that you have never seen but by all accounts are real ? Let say the Titanic, or The Gateway Arch in St.Louis. These are not ghosts they are real and tangible things. How do you reconcile that with your worldview if you have seen neither ?

• Upvote 1

Stop lying for the establishment Ngata you fucking shill.

• Upvote 1

Stop lying for the establishment Ngata you fucking shill.

9.gif

• Upvote 1

It's pretty limiting to assume what you're thinking is so far outside of what anyone else has bothered to think, bro. Arrogance is an extremely limiting quality to have intellectually. Seems like you just think that everything is a conspiracy and that nothing can be taken at face value which would be thinking in absolutes, which is again extremely limiting.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 2

How the hell is something way outside anything you've ever bothered to think,limited?

It's incredibly open minded.

What you mean is your ability to grasp it is limited.

No, thats not what I mean. What I mean is your world view only allows your truth to be correct. What is real to you is not real to another. The pain Blots feels from being a white male is real to him, it is not real to me. The stupidity of believing in nothing you have not experienced is real to me, but it is not to you. All of our realities are painted by our perception of external and internal realizations and justifications that help rationalize our world. Seeing as no two people experience the same thing the exact same way the perceptions of no two people will ever truly align on anything past the superficial level.

You think when your world view is challenged that others are idiots. You paint yourself into a corner with the only truth that is right is that of your own. That said if your only truth is your own, then your world is only as broad as you will allow it to be. There is no room for growth from that which you have already mastered. You say it is liberating but your world truth is very small if books, maps, and everything you have not experienced is propaganda all we are left with as a society that you, PhilElliot, have created. Not everyone wants to live in your world and that makes their truth no less glorified than your own, just as we cannot survive in your world, you sir, will never survive in ours. I believe your cantankerous and curmudgeonly view and isolated scope on the world is a mechanism you have created to keep from challenging yourself so you can be satisfied with who you are at your current level. Those of us who choose to grow will never acclimate to your world, and that is ok.

• Upvote 2