Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Colin Kaepernick

Money aside...

Brock Osweiler is one of the absolute WORST QB's I've ever seen play.

The only thing that is remotely good for him is his height. That's literally it.

Poor decision making, Not a strong arm, Not mobile...

I think Kaepernick is a shitty player too, but you have to look at some of these GM's and owners and their franchises.

Do you really think Jon Elway... the guy that lobbied for Peyton Manning and also played for the Broncos would pull the trigger on an attention whore such as Kaepernick? There's no way the fans and people of Colorado would even remotely stand for him. Sure, some guys in the locker room would.. but he wouldn't last more than a week on that team. Doesn't matter if he's better than Brock or not. Franchises/Owners have personalities, and most of the time, they try to fill team with people with remotely the same mindset.

• Upvote 1

I still find it ridiculous people are this butthurt over patriotism and things as meaningless as the anthem and the flag. (Fight me.)

Kaep should be on a roster simply by talent, but maybe if only because he's better than some of the trash on rosters now (although I admit I'm shit at recognizing what makes someone a good NFL QB). I understand not wanting a distraction because as much as I say "it's stupid for people to be offended by this", they are offended by it and owners have to consider that. It's a business. But 'Mericans gotta have their blind nationa... erm I mean patriotism!

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 1

Why is patriotism bad? How is the flag meaningless? Look I get it, its in vogue to point out the problems of the U.S. and talk about how shitty we are. The U.S. is far from perfect, I understand that. We aren't, nor will we ever be, and yes we have a lot of things to work on. All that not withstanding why is is it cool to hate the country? Why is it cool to shit on it all? The flag is meaningless? Would we be saying this if people were burning the LGBTQ flag? If flags are meaningless, why does the nazi flag offend people? It's because they do mean something, in fact, they mean many things too many different people. What people are really saying is why do you believe and defend the principles that flag represents.

Why is it bad to love the country? I am not saying Kaep deserves what is happening, or that it is just, but the world is none of those things. The world is not about what you deserve, if it was Hitler would have died young and SIDS would not happen. It just seems to me that we are throwing the baby out with the bath water. Yes we have work to do, but is the whole of America a terrible place. I have been many places, and this is among the best, and far from the worst. Sure its all perspective but there are far worse places, and few just straight up better ones (They are out there, but not prominent),

Why is patriotism bad? How is the flag meaningless? Look I get it, its in vogue to point out the problems of the U.S. and talk about how shitty we are. The U.S. is far from perfect, I understand that. We aren't, nor will we ever be, and yes we have a lot of things to work on. All that not withstanding why is is it cool to hate the country? Why is it cool to shit on it all? The flag is meaningless? Would we be saying this if people were burning the LGBTQ flag? If flags are meaningless, why does the nazi flag offend people? It's because they do mean something, in fact, they mean many things too many different people. What people are really saying is why do you believe and defend the principles that flag represents.

Why is it bad to love the country? I am not saying Kaep deserves what is happening, or that it is just, but the world is none of those things. The world is not about what you deserve, if it was Hitler would have died young and SIDS would not happen. It just seems to me that we are throwing the baby out with the bath water. Yes we have work to do, but is the whole of America a terrible place. I have been many places, and this is among the best, and far from the worst. Sure its all perspective but there are far worse places, and few just straight up better ones (They are out there, but not prominent),

I'll PM you. Don't want to hijack this thread.

• Upvote 1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4

Doug Stanhope said it way better than I could. Nationalism is fucking dumb. It's one of the oldest forms of propaganda there is. Just another way to get people to blindly follow shit that.

Personally I thought that was one of the dumber pieces of political commentary I have heard in a long time.

• Downvote 2