Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Ben Shapiro

Sure is good to see a public university ban free speech so someone can make money speaking without having to hear dissent.

Anywhom, heres a good thread so you don't get outraged when a bunch of alt-righters fascists claim they were banned from Berkeley in a week or so (oh who am I kidding you'll get outraged regardless).

https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/908689087032422400

Edited by blotsfan

Sure is good to see a public university ban free speech so someone can make money speaking without having to hear dissent.

Anywhom, heres a good thread so you don't get outraged when a bunch of alt-righters fascists claim they were banned from Berkeley in a week or so (oh who am I kidding you'll get outraged regardless).

Didnt Berkeley already cancel Shapiro and Coulter once ? So it did in fact happen by the school. I guess they are the ones who need a lesson on free speech.

It is not banning free speech to prevent a terrorist group from disrupting a public event with violence and a bunch of nonsensical catch phrases. Antifa aren't protesters. They aren't there to offer dissent. They are there to disrupt the event to the point that nobody hears the speaker's point of view or prevent people from even attending the event in the first place.

Without police and security intervention, ANTIFA attacks, instigates violence in EVERY scenario, and provides nothing for our society. They are worthless, uninformed dimwits who just want to be victims in a society that produces very few real victims.

As far as I'm concerned, we should lead ANTIFA to the nearest cliff and push them over the edge.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Why is Blots saying that a terrorist group should have free reign over a college campus? Makes no sense. Maybe he's just deflecting when he tells everybody else they are racist or Nazi.

I don't think people truly comprehend what it means to call someone a Nazi

Edited by BwareDWare94

Didnt Berkeley already cancel Shapiro and Coulter once ? So it did in fact happen by the school. I guess they are the ones who need a lesson on free speech.

Shapiro spoke, did he not? I think maybe you're thinking of Milo, but I could be wrong. Thought this was the first time Shapiro wanted to speak at Berkeley.

And the Coulter situation is very muddled as to who exactly was at fault. Berkeley was concerned about safety and her and her group wanted to use a venue that, according to the chief of police, would be unable to be cordoned off and was simply too dangerous to properly run security for.

The NYT then posted an email from Coulter that said she cancelled the event wherein she blamed conservative groups from pulling out, (which happened, Young Americans Freedom, one of three that originally invited her, removed their support for her coming, albeit directing the blame at the university for failing to provide adequate security), and then Coulter went on Twitter and claimed the university cancelled the event.

It's not clear what went on, tbh, so you can hardly claim they need a lesson in free speech based on this.

Johnston- the man blots is linking here- is saying to be ready if Milo uses this to claim Berkeley is suppressing free speech because his group is failing to meet deadlines they need to meet in order to get the venue reserved for him and his speakers. What's more, at least four of the speakers on the list have said they were never contacted by Milo and are not coming to speak at his event. One of them even went so far as to say he'd never show up at any event with Milo because Milo is a despicable asshole.

Johnston is preparing for the scenario that this is a ploy to spark outrage from the alt-right and their supporters when Milo claims next week that Berkeley cancelled his event. Free speech is one thing, but you can't just waltz into an area on a university without setting the damn event up first. Its looking more and more like this was just a publicity stunt pulled by Milo in order to make Berkeley look bad.

Edited by Thanatos

The world would be a much better place without Milo Hippopotamus or whatever his last name is. Talk about a truly horrible individual

Shapiro spoke, did he not? I think maybe you're thinking of Milo, but I could be wrong. Thought this was the first time Shapiro wanted to speak at Berkeley.

And the Coulter situation is very muddled as to who exactly was at fault. Berkeley was concerned about safety and her and her group wanted to use a venue that, according to the chief of police, would be unable to be cordoned off and was simply too dangerous to properly run security for.

The NYT then posted an email from Coulter that said she cancelled the event wherein she blamed conservative groups from pulling out, (which happened, Young Americans Freedom, one of three that originally invited her, removed their support for her coming, albeit directing the blame at the university for failing to provide adequate security), and then Coulter went on Twitter and claimed the university cancelled the event.

It's not clear what went on, tbh, so you can hardly claim they need a lesson in free speech based on this.

Johnston- the man blots is linking here- is saying to be ready if Milo uses this to claim Berkeley is suppressing free speech because his group is failing to meet deadlines they need to meet in order to get the venue reserved for him and his speakers. What's more, at least four of the speakers on the list have said they were never contacted by Milo and are not coming to speak at his event. One of them even went so far as to say he'd never show up at any event with Milo because Milo is a despicable asshole.

Johnston is preparing for the scenario that this is a ploy to spark outrage from the alt-right and their supporters when Milo claims next week that Berkeley cancelled his event. Free speech is one thing, but you can't just waltz into an area on a university without setting the damn event up first. Its looking more and more like this was just a publicity stunt pulled by Milo in order to make Berkeley look bad.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/22/ben-shapiro-puts-berkeley-notice-cancellation-bulls-will-not-stand-516728

Isn't that the same speaking arrangement that just happened? It says it was scheduled for Sep.14th, which was three days ago.

So they may have originally cancelled it, but now that same event has happened, no?

The world would be a much better place without Milo Hippopotamus or whatever his last name is. Talk about a truly horrible individual

Milo is just one of many many people who will say anything as long as it makes them rich. I think Rachel Maddow is worse.

• Upvote 1