Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Wentz da Gawd

I sure enjoy seeing Wentz make Clay Matthews his bitch. Get that popcorn muscle outta here!

• Upvote 1

Gotta love how pre-season is so indicative of how the regular season and careers will play out.

ZgFxVr0qTtKthTgOlLzbsA.png

• Upvote 1

sports..where men can live out their homo erotic fantasies and no one questions them

Hey man, if you can watch men in tights hit each other at high speeds on weekends, why not? No homo.

Gotta love how pre-season is so indicative of how the regular season and careers will play out.

I know, right? Dak Prescott lit it up last year in preseason, and we all know how that turned out.

I know, right? Dak Prescott lit it up last year in preseason, and we all know how that turned out.

Just like those 4-0 2008 pre-season Lions.

• Upvote 2

We can go back and forth all day. I was just pointing out that while preseason football is often a waste of time, it's not always useless.

Yeah it pretty much is. It's not indicative one way or the other, is the point. If it was always the case that someone who did good in preseason did bad in the regular season that'd be an indicator worth something actually.

I still remember watching DeMarcus Ware's first pre-season game. 3 sacks against Seattle.

• Upvote 1

I've got one criticism of Wentz on that play. The ball was too low and his motion was exceptionally long. Maybe that's a product of having to protect it while trying to avoid a sack, I don't know, but goddamn that throwing motion was not pretty lol

But hey, it got the job done just fine with a well-placed ball and the WR had room to work after the catch. Can't criticize the result at all. I just hope his motion is much shorter when he's able to set his feet.

Edited by BwareDWare94

We can go back and forth all day. I was just pointing out that while preseason football is often a waste of time, it's not always useless.

I would argue it is always useless. The reason being, most people only talk about good performances if they come against the opponent's first team offense or defense. But even in those cases, most of the starters on those offenses and defenses aren't playing for anything. They're literally just out there shaking off rust/getting in game shape. Their jobs aren't on the line, they could go out and put up the worst performance of their career and they're not gonna get benched because of it.

An atmosphere like that leads to 0 pressure, and playing under no pressure is a hell of a lot easier than playing under the pressure a regular or post season game puts on players.

If anything, the only performances that are worth being evaluated are those of the 3rd/4th string guys who are all fighting for jobs either on their team or another team in the league.

If the 6th round rookie from bumfuck university goes out there and completes 50% of his passes with 3 picks he's probably getting cut. If Carson Wentz had done that, he's still your starter day 1. He has nothing at stake.

He's coming. The hype mobile is gassed up and ready to defend the title. It's gonna be fun. I don't really see us losing a game this year tbh. We're just too stacked 

usa_today_10472588.0.jpg

stacked full of shit and mediocrity. 8-8, here we come.

Does it sound like he's going to be cleared? Mike Wallace told a reporter last night that he "looks like the reason I came here. He looks ready to go."

Man the Eagles are talking about a Dream Team again. I remember how well that went last time....

Yeah but this time they're the defending champs so show some fucking respect. 

Birds are getting healthy again. They're bout to go on a roll on the way to back to back titles.

Wentz, Agholor, Ertz, and Goedert about to spank Mackenzie Alexander, Eric Kendricks, and Anthony Barr. Rhodes should be able to keep Jeffery mostly under wraps, but even he's not playing at his usual level. 

Not confident at all going into this game for Minnesota. And I don't know if Kirk's going to have a good game either because I doubt he has much time in the pocket.