Sign in to follow this  
Sparty

2017 Baseball Thread

Stanton to the Yankees. Opposing pitchers heading to Yankee Stadium in 2018 be like:

GIF-jaw-drop-shock-shocked-surprise-surp

Marlins also trying to flip Castro now

Wow really Yankees got Stanton? Dang. Hadn't heard that before I read it here. Judge and Stanton... that really sucks.

BUT HEY WE GOT DEE GORDON!!!!! WOOO!!!!!!

...but can he pitch :think:

Marlins shipped Ozuna to the Cards !!! Wooo! Scott Boras likened the Marlins to a pawn shop... lol.

He isn’t wrong, they aren’t gonna be fielding much of a team this year. Sucks for Yelich though, reportedly he is now off the trade block because management feels his salary is manageable after the other departures.

Losing Santana fucking hurts. He was underappreciated by most fans and he is going to be missed.

• Upvote 1

Yea Santana is a good player. Hits for average, hits for power and draws a good amount of walks.

I don't understand why the Phillies got him, though.

Edited by Sarge

If Hoskins can duplicate his rookie season the Phils can have a pretty good line up. They're going to be bringing up some of those top prospects they got in the Hamels trade too. Their bullpen should be decent, starting pitching is still a big question mark but the Phillies are on the upswing. They might not be in the playoffs this year but 2019 they could be a young team to watch out for.

Edited by seanbrock

Santana and Hoskins play the same position, sean. That's why this doesn't really make sense.

Only way it works is if Hoskins plays in the OF. I haven't heard good things about his OF defense.

Hoskins will play LF this year. Apparently his defense is adequate there. We'll see.

McCutchen to the Giants. I knew this day was coming. He's not nearly as good as he used to be, but he's still a solid player. I'll always remember him for making baseball in Pittsburgh fun again.

Thanks for the memories, Cutch! :towel:

• Upvote 2

Losing Santana fucking hurts. He was underappreciated by most fans and he is going to be missed.

I talked to my friend about this. I think you're right. I loved Santana. Yeah his hitting would come and go but he would get on base and his defense at first base had finally gotten to an elite level.

But man....$20 million a year is a lot. I don't blame him for taking it and I don't blame the Indians for not matching.

Very sad that McCutchen was traded, he should have been a Pirate for life imo.

• Upvote 1

Yea, sadly in baseball players for life almost never happen for small market teams. Guys like Tony Gwynn are even rarer now than they were when he played.

Edit: Not that Cutch even approaches Gwynn as a hitter but yea, same sentiment.

Edited by Sarge

I feel ya man. Sucked to see Utley and Hamels end their career outside of Philly. At least Hamels helped the Phillies put together a nice farm. He still lives in my hometown though and will probably for the rest of his life. I know people who see him trick or treating with his kids.

Very happy to see Hoffman get in, finally.

Arrieta to the Phil's 3 years, 75 Milly. :notbad:

Good deal!

Time to rename the thread for the 2018 season? It starts in two weeks.