Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Predict end of season awards

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for this already, but here goes:

MVP: Tom Brady - nobody jumps out at me, so I'll take the easy answer

OPOTY: Jordan Howard - usually when this isn't the same as the MVP it goes to a guy that would be MVP if his team wasn't so shitty, I'm picking Howard as someone in that category

DPOTY: Von Miller - the fact that he hasn't wont his award yet is shocking, that should get corrected

OROTY: Leonard Fornette - he's gonna get so many carries

DROTY: Myles Garrett - easy answer again, I know, but there's a reason he was unquestionably the top pick

COTY: Anthony Lynn - they like giving this to new or new-ish coaches, and Lynn is taking over a Chargers team that should be really good but was hit hard by injuries last season, they're already taking some hits there but if he can get that team in playoff contention this award is his

CBPOTY - JJ Watt - can this really be anyone else? maybe Gronk bags a second one?

MVP - Matt Ryan :Falcons: - Comes back with a vengeance, picking up where he left off last year

OPOTY - David Johnson :Cardinals: - The best RB in the game solidifies it this year.

DPOTY - Mack Attack :Raiders: - Hasn't even hit his peak yet, run or pass, he's the best.

OROTY - Deshone Kizer :Browns: - He's going to lead CLE to some wins, as long as they start him instead of the Ostrich

DROTY - Reuben Foster :49ers: - Everyone's so concerned with his injuries, his attitude. I will tell you one thing, gameday.. football is all this man cares about. Even if not fully healthy, he's going to make a difference with Bowman mentoring him.

COTY - Dirk Koetter :Bucs: - Bucs are gonna get a WC in the NFCS.. and that team as a unit is going to play well together.

CBPOTY - Keenan Allen :Chargers: - Man. Has this guy been getting fucked with odd injuries. A lacerated spleen? Last year he was on pace to be up there with the likes of Julio and AB. You know he's going to produce.

MVP: Aaron Rodgers :Packers:

OPoY: David Johnson :Cardinals:

DPoY: Von Miller :Broncos:

ORoY: Dalvin Cook :Vikings:

DRoY: Derek Barnett :Eagles:

CoY: Mike McCarthy :Packers:

CPoY: JJ Watt :Texans:

I realize I'm biased here, but for CBPOTY I think you guys are forgetting a certain MLB in Carolina who was injured much of last year.

MVP: Derek Carr :Raiders: The Silver and Black are the AFC's only chance to take down the Patriots.

OPotY: LeVeon Bell :Steelers: Bell is in a contract year and is going to ball out, and hopefully avoid injury.

DPotY: Von Miller :Broncos: I feel like him and Mack and JJ are all going to be neck and neck, but Von will get it.

ORotY: Leonard Fournette :jags: With the Bortles suck machine starting in Jacksonville, they will rely on the rookie to carry them.

DRotY: Reuben Foster :49ers: LBs get the tackle stats and voters like seeing a bunch of tackles. If he can throw in some solid sack number (6+) he should get this.

CotY: Bill Belichek. :Pats: Because the Silver and Black are not going to stop the Patriots and they're going undefeated. In the regular season.

CPotY: Luke Kuechly. :panthers: This will be between Luke and JJ and I'm gonna give it to Luke.

Edited by Thanatos

MVP - Aaron Rodgers

OPOTY - David Johnson

DPOTY - Jadeveon Clowney

OROTY - Deshaun Watson

DROTY - Derek Barnett

COTY - Dirk Koetter with Winning the NFC South

Comeback player Keenan Allen

Edited by WeaponX20

MVP: Aaron Rodgers :Packers: - Rodgers is going to light it up this year and probably has the best supporting cast in his career currently. Adding Bennett and Kendricks opens the middle of the field and creates a bunch of mismatches for Rodgers to take advantage of. I believe he could surpass his 2011 year but most likely won't since the Packers should have a competent running game unlike in 2011.

OPotY: David Johnson :Cardinals: - Dude is a beast and just destroys defenses. Should continue this year.

DPotY: Von Miller :Broncos: - This is a tough call as Mack will probably be right up there with him but I think Von wins by popularity.

ORotY: Deshaun Watson :Texans: - The Texans should have a great defense once again which will give Watson plenty of opportunities and most likely win the division. Watson may not put up the best stats but voters will be swayed by him making the playoffs.

DRotY: Derek Barnett :Eagles: - Already has 3 sacks in the preseason and is a beast passrushing. Needs to improve his run D and his inside moves though.

CotY: Anthony Lynn :Chargers: - Jumping on the Chargers bandwagon and think they could get a wildcard spot if they aren't devastated by injuries again this year.

Comeback player: JJ Watt :Texans: - Was between him and Keenan Allen for me. Need to see if Allen can even stay healthy first though. Watt missed nearly all of last season thus giving him the edge over guys like Kuechly and Gronkowski.

MVP: Marcus Mariota :Titans:

This has one of those weird year feelings, so I'm gonna ride my gut prediction.

OPOTY: Aaron Rodgers :Packers:

Because they don't give these awards to the same players.

DPOTY: J.J. Watt :Texans:

As long as he's healthy, he may be the best player in the NFL. Despite his douchebag brand, he always brings his best.

OROTY: Leonard Fournette: :jags:

They might only win 4 or so games, but Fournette should still have a high yardage total, which is usually enough for these things. The actual best offensive player is gonna be like Ethan Pocic or something...

DROTY: Reuben Foster :49ers:

He already looks like he'll fill in the role of Patrick Willis quite nicely. Loads of tackles, might get a sack or two, and should get his hands on some errant passes.

Comeback Player: J.J. Watt :Texans:

See above.

Coach of the Year: Kyle Shanahan :49ers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecRytTfWL8Q

Edited by RazorStar

MVP-Carson Wentz :Eagles:

OPOY-Alshon Jeffery :Eagles:

DPOY-Jordan Hicks :Eagles:

OROY-Mack Hollins :Eagles:

DROY-Derek Barnett :Eagles:

CBPOY-Ron Brooks :Eagles:

Clean sweep baby.It's Ironic that we will be claiming the first of many Super Bowls right where it all started, in Minnesota.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3