Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Who starts down the stretch for Kansas City?

Best Chiefs QB?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Best Chiefs QB?

You have an interesting situation in Kansas City... potentially.

You trade up in this past draft for a QB. You give up A LOT for a QB with arguably the worst mechanics we've seen coming out in a decade.

A QB coming from the air raid offense... nothing remotely on par to an Andy Reid West Coast style offense... nonetheless a NFL offense.

He may throw ball hard and far.. but accuracy is very lacking.

However, you have the definition of average in Alex Smith. He's not going to win you games, and he's not going to lose you games.

The question is, if you're looking to get out of the first round of the playoffs (If they make it)... who is the Chiefs best option to win.

Granted, we've seen little of Mahomes... but at some point the Chiefs have to realize, Smith is not the answer.

Edited by ATL

Yeah, but not right now, not even this season, IMO.

As you said Mahomes is way too raw. KC is relying on a 2015 Denver season to win the SB this year and that's fine. Don't rush the kid in and ruin him.

This year should be Smith's last if Mahomes works out.

Now if you get knocked out of contention, maybe let the kid take a few snaps in the second half, but otherwise keep him on the bench.

Edited by Thanatos

AqwVde.gif

Alex Smith holds the starting job until retirement.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don't think Smith is in any trouble whatsoever. He's still a top half NFL QB. The Chiefs traded up for a massive project player, so I don't think there's any intention of replacing Smith for quite some time.

Also, Air Raid QBs come in handicapped by never working in an actual, real offense. Air Raid is an overused gimmick that doesn't work against elite teams.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I'm not an Alex Smith fan at all so i'm all in for a QB in KC.

Hope Mahomes gets to play before the season is over, give the kid a jump start on next year.

Have you seen the Chiefs schedule? Brutal!!!

The Chiefs will be out of playoff contention by week 9.

Dunno man, Andy always has his teams ready to compete.... until January.

I think KC will be in the mix in the division all year.

• Upvote 2

The Chiefs are battling for a division title this year. A rookie as raw as Mahomes sees the field.

The Chiefs are battling for a division title this year. A rookie as raw as Mahomes sees the field.

You mean a veteran as skilled as Alex Smith?

Before the games started counting, I was eagerly anticipating the eventual inevitability of change at QB- not this season - that is coming. After 4 weeks of Alex Smith, I now truly believe in the unrivaled power of PEDs. Who the hell is the guy talking snaps in KC? He looks like Alex Smith, sure, but it can't be him. Alex Smith can't throw long... or with zip... on a rope... on the run... and accurately when doing it... can he?

Alex Smith only gets replaced when he finally find his true groove in an offense. Its time to make the switch !

• Upvote 2

Alex Smith saw the replacement shit coming again and had surgeon replace Mahomes' arm in his sleep. Just traded up for a rocket launcher.

• Upvote 1