Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

First Responders Refuse to Hold Flag for Browns

Kaep is better than literally every backup QB in the league and also a decent number of starters.

Haha no, maybe 2 or 3 starters...maybe

Goff, Bortles, Flacco, Savage, Wentz, McCown, Kizer, Whoever is starting for Chicago, Hoyer, Dalton, Cutler, Siemien, Stafford.

There might be more but that's my shortlist. I'm not counting Tolzien because he's not supposed to be starting.

Goff, Bortles, Flacco, Savage, Wentz, McCown, Kizer, Whoever is starting for Chicago, Hoyer, Dalton, Cutler, Siemien, Stafford.

There might be more but that's my shortlist. I'm not counting Tolzien because he's not supposed to be starting.

Tie list is very questionable. Half of those Qbs are better than him and the others wouldn't start him even if you are right .

Mayhe the best example is the Ravens who considered signing him... as s backup. I am very much in the " Flacco blows " mindset, but there is no way he realistically starts over a healthy Flacco. Never.

Goff, Wentz, Kizer, Guy in chicago , Dalton, Cutler Siemien, Stafford.

All those guys are automatically starters over Kaep barring injury.

That leaves Aborted, Savage, McCown, and Hoyer .

Those teams you could argue may just be sucking for a Qb stacked draft next year and wouldn't want a better player anyway. And it's not like the 49ers would bring him back anyway. Come on. Lol

All of a sudden , there's no room left.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I like how you didn't even name who the guy in Chicago was and you still said he's easily better than Kaep.

I'd love it if we brought him in to replace Cassel

Trubisky >>> kaep

I like how you didn't even name who the guy in Chicago was and you still said he's easily better than Kaep.

Because it doesn't matter who it is. If the Bears would have somehow felt the need to spurn Glennon or didn't want him to start trubisky would be a much better option than Kaep.

At least we've established the FACT that he is an elite back up because Ngata and JD's attempts to refute that FACT was fucking laughable.

Since the NFL merger (1970), among all 186 quarterbacks with at least 1,500 attempts throughout their careers, only David Carr has a worse Sack%+ (era-adjusted sack percentage) than Kaepernick.

Last season, in Gabbert starts, the 49ers averaged 22.2 points per game with a negative-5.8-point differential. In Kaepernick starts, the 49ers averaged only 18.0 points per game and with a negative-12.9-point differential.

What article trahsing Kaepernick did you pull that from? Was it i'mright.com? Did you just Google "why Kaepernick sucks"?Ateast provide a link lol. Injuries, strength of schedule and a lame duck HC had nothing to do with those figures did they? Didn't he also have a 4:1 TD/INT ratio?

One such quarterback stat does factor in sacks as a negative play: adjusted net yards per attempt . Over the past three seasons, among all 29 quarterbacks with at least 800 attempts over this span, Kaepernick ranks ahead of only Blake Bortles in adjusted net yards per attempt.

While Kap saw an average amount of pressure, he performed just slightly below average when pressured based on PFF’s charting. But Kap performed even WORSE when he saw no pressure at all. He ranked 26th our of 37 ranked quarterbacks, putting him firmly in Mark Sanchez territory.

ECS3hOf.jpg

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Right, so we've established he is not a starter already. I'm not saying the guy is Joe Montana. What backup QB would look good if they had to play that much?

Raise your hand if you want a QB who gets worse as his Oline gets better, who takes worthless sacks, who makes the team around him play worse than "worse players" (like Gabbert)...

Yeah.. Not me. You can have him.

At least we've established the FACT that he is an elite back up because Ngata and JD's attempts to refute that FACT was fucking laughable.

No, what is fucking laughable is you have no data to support what you are saying, and seeing as you are the one who made the claim the onus is on you to meet the burden of proof. Since you asked a question asking for opinions, you got them, and now that you don't like them you are stating your opinion as fact. You have committed a whats what of logical fallacy's, the most obvious is the argument from repetition. The more times you say it does not mean it is true.

When you bring some sort of fact about what he has done the last time he started and that makes him a better option at backup then we will talk. Until then, you are just blowing smoke out of your ass. Like when JD brings up a fact, and you try to debase it as him just wanting to be right, well Sean, what is it you are trying to do? Be right?

Honestly and truly this conversation has already gone way off of the original point, but these things seem to come back to Kaep. This is my true thoughts on this. Is he being blackballed? Yep. Does he deserve it? Maybe/Maybe not. Willt it change?Nope. Does any of these things add to his football acumen? Nope. He got outplayed by Gabbert for the starting job. The season before that he was hot ass, so is he backup worthy? Possibly. The thing is he is a gimmick QB that only works in offenses that are predicated on his ability to run the ball. Take NE, he is not a fit, they need a pure pocket guy. He could work in Seattle for the things Wilson can do. So add all that up and he is more expensive then a cheap vet minimum guy with less years or a late round draft pick, he comes with baggage, you are not sure what you are getting from a guy who has not played meaningful football in 2 years, whose skills were declining last we saw him. Why would you? IF you are just going to talk out of your ass its cool, we all have opinions on this and yours is as good as anyone's. Just dont present your opinion as fact.

Right, so we've established he is not a starter already. I'm not saying the guy is Joe Montana. What backup QB would look good if they had to play that much?

079675f5decd2960617b408eea5b5b13.jpg

• Upvote 1

Kapernick flaws were greatly hidden behind a top 2 Defense, a very good OL and Frank gore also the reason the 49ers we're good the year they went to the SB was Alex Smith he played well up until he got Injuried and the niners refused him his job back

Kaepernick's ability to run your offense just entirely depends on what you want your offense to be. Most coaches don't want their offense to involve a lot of limited reads and a reliance on a running QB. His arm talent and athleticism should have earned him a backup job, but he's definitely not more prepared than guys like Dalton or Stafford to run an NFL offense. He plays a lot of backyard football that other starters typically do not.

You have to be joking, Blots. Kaep isn't better than Flacco, Dalton, or Stafford. Do you have any shred of evidence he is? Just because he does something politically that you like doesn't change that he sucks as a QB.

You have to be joking, Blots. Kaep isn't better than Flacco, Dalton, or Stafford. Do you have any shred of evidence he is? Just because he does something politically that you like doesn't change that he sucks as a QB.

Flacco hasn't done shit since the Super Bowl and the other two were carried by superstar receivers.

Here's an article by one of my favorite sportswriters specifically talking about Flacco vs Kaep super in-depth.

Dude Stafford just had his best season ever... without Megatron. I'm a Kaep defender, but that's nonsense, bloots.

• Upvote 1

Dude Stafford just had his best season ever... without Megatron. I'm a Kaep defender, but that's nonsense, bloots.

I'll + this later , but ya Stafford got better when he wasn't forcing passes to Megatron. Crazy how that works, huh? Lol

• Upvote 1

I may join you in solidarity.

• Upvote 1

I would take Jimmy G, whoever the backup is between Bradford and Bridgewater, Case Keenum, Fitzmagic, and Files. Foles and Keenum cpuld be argued but Foles had a 27 vs 2 season the year before he went to the Rams under Fisher who is god awful. Keenum has put together some good starts as well. At least equal to Kaeps last sample size

​As a fan of the team who has Ryan Shitzpatrick as the backup QB, I'd say HELL NO to having him over Kap. Shitzmagic looked like a complete turd in the preseason he was 21/40 for 153 yards with no TDs and 2 INTs. He showed no ability to move the ball whatsoever and clearly looks like an old geezer in a young man's game. Everything I heard indicated that Ryan Griffin was well on his way to beat out the old geezer for the backup job until he got hurt. I would for sure take Kap, but Tampa has a strong military presence and people whined when Mike Evans sat once so it won't happen. My hope is Griffin gets healthy so we can cut Shitzpatrick and let him retire already.