Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

First Responders Refuse to Hold Flag for Browns

079675f5decd2960617b408eea5b5b13.jpg

Any time Charlie Batch had to throw a significant number of passes when he was a starter early in his career with Detroit he was fucking awful. He looked good in mop up duty for Pittsburgh but as a starter Charlie Batch was fucking terrible.

If you don't believe me have a look at his career stats lol https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BatcCh00.htm

Edited by seanbrock

Any time Charlie Batch had to throw a significant number of passes when he was a starter early in his career with Detroit he was fucking awful. He looked good in mop up duty for Pittsburgh but as a starter Charlie Batch was fucking terrible.

If you don't believe me have a look at his career stats lol https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BatcCh00.htm

Well since we were talking about backups...What is your point here ? That a young player got better as he aged...ya dont say. The point here is you said backups, as a backup charlie Batch was pretty decent. Now if you are going to continue with this, then I will say what about Tom Brady? He was a backup that was put in because of an injury...that year ended pretty well right? He turned out to be a decent backup. Football is littered with examples that can be played both ways. Just admit it dude, you have nothing to back up your claim other than it is your opinion. Just like it is mine that I would rather have 4 or 5 other backups in the league than Kaepernick, because I think they are better suited to run the Ravens "offense:. That is my opinion, not a fact.

The point is very simple and I dont understand why you are not getting it. Is a backup worth all the bullshit? I am still pissed at how Ryan Mallet acted when he was with the Texans and I dont want him either. He brings no attention to himself anymore, but still. A backup is not worth headache period, political views be damned.

Edited by Omerta

​As a fan of the team who has Ryan Shitzpatrick as the backup QB, I'd say HELL NO to having him over Kap. Shitzmagic looked like a complete turd in the preseason he was 21/40 for 153 yards with no TDs and 2 INTs. He showed no ability to move the ball whatsoever and clearly looks like an old geezer in a young man's game. Everything I heard indicated that Ryan Griffin was well on his way to beat out the old geezer for the backup job until he got hurt. I would for sure take Kap, but Tampa has a strong military presence and people whined when Mike Evans sat once so it won't happen. My hope is Griffin gets healthy so we can cut Shitzpatrick and let him retire already.

Well that is you, and you think he is not any good. I dont either, but I would rather have him run the Ravens offense than Kaepernick as he is better suited for it. If I was a Seattle fan, I might feel differently. Either way, why would you want a back up who has ANY amount of headache attached to him ? It just does not make sense. Right or wrong, he did what he did, and now people think he is radioactive. That is his consequence for what he did, and sometimes being the good guy is a bad thing. I personally dont give a shit either way as I think he is phony as hell, just as his gesture was in my opinion. That said he is a talented phony and a team who needs something other than a pure passer should/could kick the tires and see if his last year as an opening day starter was really indicative of his skillset. If he is, he is not signed for a reason, he was not good even with all the talent around him.

Well since we were talking about backups...What is your point here ? That a young player got better as he aged...ya dont say. The point here is you said backups, as a backup charlie Batch was pretty decent. Now if you are going to continue with this, then I will say what about Tom Brady? He was a backup that was put in because of an injury...that year ended pretty well right? He turned out to be a decent backup. Football is littered with examples that can be played both ways. Just admit it dude, you have nothing to back up your claim other than it is your opinion. Just like it is mine that I would rather have 4 or 5 other backups in the league than Kaepernick, because I think they are better suited to run the Ravens "offense:. That is my opinion, not a fact.

The point is very simple and I dont understand why you are not getting it. Is a backup worth all the bullshit? I am still pissed at how Ryan Mallet acted when he was with the Texans and I dont want him either. He brings no attention to himself anymore, but still. A backup is not worth headache period, political views be damned.

Except you couldn't tell me who you would rather have. You gave me 2 and like 4 maybes lol. I also definitely have backed my point up. The guy has won a bunch of games as a starter. I mean, I'd rather have an athlete as a back up who can make plays vs a traditional back up who is likely a mediocre pocket passer. At least Kaep's athleticism gives him one elite skill set. You guys are giving me stats comparing him to starting QB's when I already have said over and over that he is not a starter and if he is the starter for your team going into the year, you're in trouble.

Also, there is more than one back up QB who turned into a hall of famer, so what? What's your point? Really don't understand that.

I also don't think you understand what my retort to JD's post was saying. Charlie Batch was looked at as an elite back up for years but after he left Detroit he never had to throw more than 70 passes in a season.Back up QB's who have to throw 800 times or whatever that stat was JD posted are going to struggle and 98% of them will struggle more than Kaep did.

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion of course idk.

I may join you in solidarity.

Sending thoughts and prayers.

flag-burning-1.jpg

I won't make it my profile picture because I don't want to be too mainstream even though I said sending thoughts and prayers that means absolutely nothing..

• Upvote 1

flag.jpg

Showing a picture of a flag from an event that was done by the government?

Hooray for loyalty to one of the most corrupt governments on earth.

One of the most corrupt governments....the fuck outta here.

Even if it was, and it wasn't, it doesn't represent just the government it represents every firefighter, officer, soldier, citizen of this country past and present. You'll never convince me they were all in on it too, that's why I don't like when people burn it because they don't like the president or don't like whatever the hell it is they don't like.

You have to be joking, Blots. Kaep isn't better than Flacco, Dalton, or Stafford. Do you have any shred of evidence he is? Just because he does something politically that you like doesn't change that he sucks as a QB.

This past Sunday, Andy dalton threw as many picks as Kaep did all of last season.

This past Sunday, Andy dalton threw as many picks as Kaep did all of last season.

Week 3 of 2015 he had as many as Dalton...next.

• Upvote 2

Body of work, man, body of work. Dalton was a legit MVP candidate in 2015 before he got hurt.

Through two games, Colin Kaepernick is tied with Andy Dalton in both touchdowns and wins.

Through two games, Colin Kaepernick is tied with Andy Dalton in both touchdowns and wins.

So am I. When are the Bengals gonna sign me?

So am I. When are the Bengals gonna sign me?

Hard to imagine you'd be much worse.

I haven't really cared to look, but has Kaep even said he wants to play? Playing on a team is not a one-way street.

Can y'all give me a list of QBs I need to get tape on so I can debunk this "Kaep over so and so" bullshit?

Can y'all give me a list of QBs I need to get tape on so I can debunk this "Kaep over so and so" bullshit?

Goff, Bortles, Flacco, Savage, Wentz, McCown, Kizer, Whoever is starting for Chicago, Hoyer, Dalton, Cutler, Siemien, Stafford.

There might be more but that's my shortlist. I'm not counting Tolzien because he's not supposed to be starting.

Given week 1, Stafford and Kizer might prove me wrong. I'm confident in the rest.

I haven't really cared to look, but has Kaep even said he wants to play? Playing on a team is not a one-way street.

He doesn't really speak for himself and that probably helps him in the public sphere. The guy is kind of a conceited condescending douche . If he were to speak out all the time, he'd probably have some of these people defending him turn their backs on him.

He's a better victim when he's silent. Then people's imaginations can go wild

Like... why wouldn't he denounce his significant other from calling the Ravens, the most interested team in him, racist ? Lmao

Makes no sense. I think he's more interested in his activism (and that's fine) but saying that out loud would take the air out of his "movement"

Given week 1, Stafford and Kizer might prove me wrong. I'm confident in the rest.

Really? You included rookies in your list? That's weak AF bro.

Fine. Updated list without rookies and blatantly tanking teams:

Goff, Bortles, Flacco, Savage, Wentz, Glennon, Hoyer, Dalton, Cutler, Siemien, Stafford, Brissett.

I added Brissett because hey, he already was someone to replace their starter. They want to win games, but rather than have a decent QB playing, they're going for a guy that has done nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Fine. Updated list without rookies and blatantly tanking teams:

Goff, Bortles, Flacco, Savage, Wentz, Glennon, Hoyer, Dalton, Cutler, Siemien, Stafford, Brissett.

I added Brissett because hey, he already was someone to replace their starter. They want to win games, but rather than have a decent QB playing, they're going for a guy that has done nothing.

So of that list, that leaves you with the Jags as basically the only option.

Might have to throw hands with you about the Stafford disrespect...

Don't get mad at me that your team gave a QB that's not very good over 90 million guaranteed.