Sign in to follow this  
Eefluxx

Saints 2017

I am early for this......and I don't care

I was browsing around on a saints fan site and 2 comments caught my eye that really sum up my beloved Saints.

First comment was after the Vikings loss "I know it's the first game of the season but it looked like the 49th game of the same"

Second comment was today "The sky isn't falling" but it's the response that struck home "The sky fell years ago and we are the only ones who haven't realized it yet"

As much as I love Drew Brees this team doesn't deserve him. I was hoping he would break the yards and completion records with us next year but I think it is time to move on. Time to trade away what you can for draft picks and go into a full rebuild mode next year.

I look at the schedule and the only 2 winnable games I see are the Bears and Jets.

This defense or this defensive scheme hasn't worked for 5 years now but we keep coming out there with the same thing.

Injuries? Yes injuries have hurt us the past few years but there does come a time when you have to realize it's the same people getting hurt and key people like CB and LT.

We drafted Ram to be Striefs replacement and yet we have to play him at LT because Armstead is hurt again. Now Strief is injured and we have no depth on the line.

Bad drafts and bad decisions (Peterson, Spiller, Browner, Laurinitas, Byrd, etc.)

People have said we would be crazy to let Sean Payton go but he has been at the center of these decisions and maybe it's time to move on. Maybe he can resurrect his career somewhere else like Reid did or even like Bill B did many years ago.

If we do go full rebuild I have no clue who to bring in for what or who I would even want.

Right now I am tired of watching the same thing and watching my team try to fit square pegs into round holes.

Anyways rant over

Saintsfan for life

Who Dat

• Upvote 2

The Saints have seemed to enjoy trading away Brees' favorite targets, I'm surprised he is as loyal as he is. But that defense is just rough, it's been the downfall of the majority of Brees' tenure in New Orleans.

Saints offense is not the problem.

However, signing AP was dumb. Not a good fit in NO and with the way Kamara is playing... there's no need for him.

They have a couple of good players in Cam Jordan and Sheldon Rankins... but outside of that is grim.

Saints don't need to fully rebuild.. they need to reload and move forward without Brees. Get a young QB in this class and build that defense up. Through FA a bit. Brees is taking up a lot of money for what purpose?

Truthfully New Orleans has become the worst franchise in football these past 5 years. Yes, even worse than the Jets, the Bills, the Lions, the Jaguars. New Orleans has failed so completely that for the last 4-5 years they haven't been able to field a good team with one of the best quarterbacks to ever play still playing at an insanely high level.

There are no excuses for how bad they are. It's mind-boggling the way the bad decisions have stacked up so high. It's time for a clean slate. Payton gone because he's ridiculously overrated. FO gone because lol it's bad. Brees gone if he doesn't want to retire after the season. Let him go play relevant football. Most of the roster, gone. Even ditch the uniforms. Rebrand and rebuild. It's the only choice now.

I would take Payton over Harbs anyday, yes please.

I would take Payton over Harbs anyday, yes please.

You'd also take toxic waste over Harbaugh, so that doesn't say much...

Pretty sure Ngata would take Eric Mangini, Lane Kiffin, Jeff Fisher, Leslie Frazier, Marvin Lewis, and Greg Schiano over John Harbaugh

So midseason and almost scared to type anything as last time I typed how awful we were we won 6 straight games lol

That being said

Somehow someway the defense had started to play, somehow someway trading away Adrian Peterson (who never fit in with what we were doing anyway) jump started the running game.

So first the defense, I was skeptical about Lattimore, hamstring injury and all but dude has played lights out for us. The first lockdown corner we have ever had that could truely be a star. He has made Cam Jordan's job so much easier. But on the other side is an UDFA named Ken Crawley form Colorado, second year player who started most of last year in a trial by fire. He has improved so much this many of us were wondering why Harris was starting over him.

Another rookie Marcus Williams at FS and 2nd yr man Vonn Bell at SS with Vaccaro running around playing everything. I can't remember when we have hit on so many draft picks in 2 years of drafting. They are all still young though and I temper my excitement by who we have played during this streak of 6 games.

When we started off the streak with the Panthers I know Cam wasn't still 100%, then Jay Cutler (lol) Matt Stafford also wasn't 100% ( but my God if he isn't one of the toughest SOB's to play QB) and the Aaron Rodgers goes down and is out for the Green Bay game, I would say we hit a good series of luck for our part.

Next few games will really tell with Bills Redskins Rams Jets (playing better than expected) and then of course we have Panthers and Bucs again and the Falcons twice still.

Offensively Brees is still not the 5k yards he used to be, but he doesn't have to be as long as we continue to run the ball. Kamara has been a godsend showing he can run and catch. Ted Ginn Jr I didn't expect to do much but has shown he can catch the ball more reliably and Michael Thomas is just playing his role at WR. Coby Fleener has been more consistent.

Now the pick of Ramchyk (sp) has been a blessing playing every game and at both LT and RT and was a pick I understood at the time (Strief isn't getting any younger after all) and somehow the rest of the OL has been pretty much fill in the blank from game to game and somehow has worked.

I still think we need to find a future after Brees at some point but I can honestly say I haven't been this excited about the defense in a long time.

Anyways I will eat my plate of crow for the team I said after 2 games should clean house and so far has proved me wrong, but we do still have a tough ways to go before we can claim the South again. Any Given Sunday afterall.

Eefluxx

Who Dat for life