Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Does NFL Want to Force Chargers Back to San Diego?

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/21/don-banks-nfl-is-talking-about-forcing-chargers-back-to-san-diego/

Topic was first broached by Don Banks and is now slowly becoming a popular thing for personalities and show hosts to champion as well. Might be the beginning of the end for the LA Chargers... already.

I mean, how is it the NFL's fault that the Chargers can't sell out the place they're playing in, and by player's accounts was half-full of Dolphins fans?

Teams never do well with attendance in temporary stadiums

LA was not fit for one team, let alone 2 teams. Just like Florida sports fans, they're only going to show up if the team is good. It was a terrible, terrible idea to move 2 teams. I know Qualcomm was a shithole, but you can't convince me it's better for the Chargers franchise to be in LA.

Spanos is a douchebag and idiot apparently. I hope the Chargers bankrupt bis dumbass.

Glad this is getting press, but I don't see it happening.

When the opposing team has more fans in the stands than the home team,

it's a problem.

Not a problem.just means it's a large city/population.

True

The Chiefs and Dolphins had more fans than the Bolts.

I hated the idea of them in LA anyways. I'm not sure if they can just go back to San Diego though, they don't want to use Qualcomm and I doubt they get a new stadium there. They may just have to take the team elsewhere.

I still catch myself calling them the San Diego Chargers...LA Chargers just don't sound right.

I hated the idea of them in LA anyways. I'm not sure if they can just go back to San Diego though, they don't want to use Qualcomm and I doubt they get a new stadium there. They may just have to take the team elsewhere.

The NFL has denied it's already considering moving the Chargers back to San Diego.

"We are committed to and confident of the long-term success of the two teams in Los Angeles," the league said in a statement. Speculation arose last week that the NFL was already considering pulling the plug on the experiment, which has been an abject disaster so far this season. Playing in 27,000-seat soccer stadium "StubHub Center," the Bolts have failed to sell out both home games. The fans who did show up were primarily rooting for the Dolphins and Chiefs. Frankly, moving the team back makes more sense than keeping it in L.A., but that ship has probably sailed.
Source: ESPN.com