Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Mass Shooting at Concert in Las Vegas

"Lone wolf" aka he was white. :rofl:

• Upvote 2

All this surveillance state bullshit to save us from Islamic extremist terrorists and we have a few crazy Americans every year shooting something up. I know I feel safer :yao:

Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes. Humans really just want a path to self destruction don't they?

• Upvote 1

I was staying right down the road from where this happened earlier in the year, scary stuff.

worldburn-top.jpg

:( R.I.P to all those who lost their lives. It's a shame that peace is an impossible dream.

Tear me apart if you will, but, I don't care. I think the craziest part of this is that this happens so often now, I believe a lot of people have become numb to it.

I am a regular-sunday attending Christian, who attends small groups every Thursdays, tries (and fails) to pray everyday and read his bible, and even I am so beyond sick and tired of these "pray for xyz" posts.

And then there are the people who throw out the, "this is not the time" line, like, when is it the time? People will skirt around everything to talk about the one thing all these shootings have in common. I don't have the answers, I am by far probably the most ignorant when it comes to guns in this country, and I'm not here to argue, but, come on. Do something.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

People are numb because they know nothing will ever change about this. We could have another mass shooting tomorrow in let's say Salem, kills 200+ people, and nothing will change. Thousands could be gunned down on the streets of Washington DC and lawmakers wouldn't lift a finger to increase gun control. The feeling that this sort of inhumane tragedy is inevitable is one a lot a people share, and will continue to share unless something drastically changes. The fact that nothing about gun control happened after Sandy Hook shows that american lawmakers simply lack basic human morality, and will continue to do so unless they are affected personally.

From what I've read so far the means he used to acquire or make his weapons fully automatic was illegal anyway.

And then there are the people who throw out the, "this is not the time" line, like, when is it the time? People will skirt around everything to talk about the one thing all these shootings have in common.

How do you fix crazy though? That is what all these things have in common.

If they couldn't find guns (they still would) they'd just use explosives or drive a car into a crowd. Look at Europe and the Middle East lately. Or shit a couple mass-stabbings occurred recently, too.

Idk enough about European news so I'll post this as a question instead to not seem like an asshole but are there as many bombings and instances of people driving a car into crowds as there are shootings in the States?

The reason why we were supposed to have guns, which was interpreted wrong anyway, It's the right to a militia, is obsolete. If we ever rebelled against our country they'd just drone strike us and use the mass amount of surveilence they have and it would be over before it started.

Idk enough about European news so I'll post this as a question instead to not seem like an asshole but are there as many bombings and instances of people driving a car into crowds as there are shootings in the States?

The reason why we were supposed to have guns, which was interpreted wrong anyway, It's the right to a militia, is obsolete.

Yes it is equitable. And it is far from obsolete, nor was or just for a militia. Edited by Omerta

The reason why we were supposed to have guns, which was interpreted wrong anyway, It's the right to a militia, is obsolete.

This is incredibly subjective. The amendment can be read a multitude of ways.

I agree with sean the original reason for the 2nd is obsolete. It was there to protect us from the government, but the founders could never have predicted how advanced the military would become. A rebellion against the central gov't of the US would be over in a matter of hours save for small guerilla pockets, if it was ever tried in the first place.

I don't think its misinterpreted at all, Penn and Teller had a pretty good piece on it meaning exactly what we think it means.

It's also outdated simply due to age. What if we wrote legislation today about weapons that will exist in 2230? Probably doesn't make sense, right?

I don't think we should get rid of the right to bear arms, just alter it.

It's also outdated simply due to age. What if we wrote legislation today about weapons that will exist in 2230? Probably doesn't make sense, right?

I don't think we should get rid of the right to bear arms, just alter it.

Out of curiosity what wpukd we alter it too ? I always see people say this b u t it is all the same such as make this illegal or that illegal which honestly would not deter mass killings. Making certain tgings illegal means only criminals will have them.

As Zack eluded to if its not guns it will bombs, if not vans ramming people, is not that mass stabbings. I mean crazy fucks con crazy :yep:

Out of curiosity what wpukd we alter it too ? I always see people say this b u t it is all the same such as make this illegal or that illegal which honestly would not deter mass killings. Making certain tgings illegal means only criminals will have them.

As Zack eluded to if its not guns it will bombs, if not vans ramming people, is not that mass stabbings. I mean crazy fucks con crazy :yep:

I disagree with the last part, the EU has a far lower homicide rate than we do, cars/stabbing included. It's about ease of access and concealment in parallel with how deadly a gun is compared to a knife. And you can't really take a car inside a building, lol.

However, I am also curious how you'd alter it, Sarge. I feel that given the original reason for the 2nd, the only way to alter it and keep with the original intent would be to give civilians enough weaponry to actually put up a fight against the government if necessary.

Keep in mind also that when that amendment was written, there was no such thing as a standing army. Once you have a highly trained 24/7 mobile strikeforce, a group of untrained citizens simply isn't going to cut it.

Edited by Thanatos

The mindset of America and people in this country is very different than those in Europe or Australia. It's not an amazing example, but I find this comparison frustrating the same way I do when people say we should just copy Canada's healthcare system.

I really don't think Canada's healthcare system would work that well for us just like I don't think Europe or Australia's gun restrictions would work here.

Simply put, our culture is simply different. There is no precedent for the relative absolute commitment the United States has / has had for the 2nd Amendment. I think you'd be stressed to find an equivalent scenario. Also, our government is reallllllly slow.

Why is nobody asking how he got so many weapons to his hotel room without being caught or drawing any kind of attention? This shooting should not have been possible. Security HAS to be better than that.

Why is nobody asking how he got so many weapons to his hotel room without being caught or drawing any kind of attention? This shooting should not have been possible. Security HAS to be better than that.

My understanding was that he had the room for 5 days and just kept carrying them in concealed cases throughout the week. Can't really do much about that.

So now that we've established the fact that rebelling against the government would be fucking suicide, what reason does someone need to have a fully automatic assault rifle? To hunt? To stop a home invasion? What happens when there are a bunch of people firing their gun in a crowd trying to stop a shooter? Who do the cops go after when they get to the scene. This argument is just so fucking completely and utterly retarded. I don't have a problem with hand guns or hinting rifles but everything else should be illegal and honestly I think even permits to carry are dangerous.

If we do have to have guns there has to be background checks, mental evaluations and mandatory training. This is crazy.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

The idea that you need a fully automatic weapon to inflict a ton of damage is a foolish one to have. Makes it slightly easier, sure, but he could have accomplished similar results with semiautomatic rifles.

Hell take a handgun, like the one I own, the glock 22 which standard holds 15 round mags(16 rounds with one in the chamber), take just a few mags of that and can put 100+ rounds down range pretty quickly. Get the extended mag that holds 22 and do even more damage. Sure with a handgun you're gonna have to be closer than what he was, but before police can intervene you could hurt a ton of people all the same.

If you spent just a bit of time training you could take a bolt action rifle and in a crowd like what he was shooting down on do quite a bit of damage.

The guy who shot up the Orlando nightclub used a semiautomatic rifle and a handgun and killed what, 50 people before police finally got to him?

The outrage about guns after every shooting honestly borders on hilarious. This guy just wanted to kill a bunch of people. He could have killed more with methods that don't even involve a gun(see Oklahoma City bomber, 168 dead without a single round fired).

You mention background checks and shit and that's all fine and good but background checks wouldn't have prevented this anyway. This dude was clean as a whistle. Just some rich dude who seemingly minded his own business, no felonies, etc.

This is the kind of guy that if guns weren't around he would have found other means, and he had more than enough finances to do it(It's not even that expensive to build a bomb. He could just put a bomb in his car, run it in to the crowd, detonate it, kill damn near everyone at the concert).

Some people are just fucked in the head and guns are just one way they can express just how fucked they are.

• Upvote 2

So now that we've established the fact that rebelling against the government would be fucking suicide, what reason does someone need to have a fully automatic assault rifle? To hunt? To stop a home invasion? What happens when there are a bunch of people firing their gun in a crowd trying to stop a shooter? Who do the cops go after when they get to the scene. This argument is just so fucking completely and utterly retarded. I don't have a problem with hand guns or hinting rifles but everything else should be illegal and honestly I think even permits to carry are dangerous.

If we do have to have guns there has to be background checks, mental evaluations and mandatory training. This is crazy.

I don't own guns and have only shot them a few times, but I know a lot of people that own them as a hobby. To me, plenty of hobbies could be a danger to others. Owning assault rifles for sport doesn't really make you more deadly than learning chemistry or learning to drive a truck. Here's a decent list of other vehicle attacks since you asked earlier.

Your last point, I surely agree with. Making it harder to obtain should be fine. If you're just a hobbyist then by taking a little extra time and effort to acquire your gun you are saving lives.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel