Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

I'm inclined to give them more time but yeah not promising.

Joel Embiid is such a special player man. He has that killer instinct of Kobe. He wants to destroy people and not only does he want to be a star, he wants to be the best defensive player in the game. He has every single tool and then some to do exactly that too and on top of it all he's pretty hilarious and entertaining. I hope his body can hold up to it. If it does he will be the best player of his era and win multiple championships.

Lucky for him he has the perfect co-star in Simmons. If Fultz comes back healthy and can shoot the rock like he did in high school and college the Sixers are going to dominate the league for years to come. This is pretty cool to watch as a fan.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

Embiid is pretty fucking annoying for a guy that's never played a full.. let alone half an NBA season.

Typical Philly mentality.

idk I like him a lot. Can't do much about injuries.

Embiid is pretty fucking annoying for a guy that's never played a full.. let alone half an NBA season.

Typical Philly mentality.

He's going to be more annoying when the Bulls are finished their re-build and they can't get past him in the playoffs are relegated to a footnote in NBA history.

A lot of players have really surprised me this year so far. Victor Oladipo is having an incredible year, and Clint Capela has been quietly the glue that holds the Rockets together.

He's going to be more annoying when the Bulls are finished their re-build and they can't get past him in the playoffs are relegated to a footnote in NBA history.

Your shitty team can't even beat the godless Bulls without Embiid. Embiid can't play a full season, and you guys have proven nothing without him.

Boston would take this poor joke of a Cavs team to 7 without Hayward, just imagine with him..

Boston would take this poor joke of a Cavs team to 7 without Hayward, just imagine with him..

Replace LeBron with any other player besides maybe Kawhi Leonard and the Celtics would DESTROY the Cavs. lol I know you don't like LeBron and it's fine to root against or for whoever you want but that dude is an incredible player.

Idk what it is about the 76ers that makes the Pistons look like total trash.

I mean, the Pistons are totally depleted right now with no Jackson, Drummond, Galloway, etc, but to get dismantled by the 76ers just to beat the Rockets is mind boggling.

• Upvote 1

Idk what it is about the 76ers that makes the Pistons look like total trash.

I mean, the Pistons are totally depleted right now with no Jackson, Drummond, Galloway, etc, but to get dismantled by the 76ers just to beat the Rockets is mind boggling.

Sports are weird.

The Sixers are a way different team than the Rockets too. They're fucking huge. As they start to gel, that tall ball line up is going to be devastating. They kind of remind me of The Lakers during Kobe's second championship run. Obviously there are a lot of differences in skill sets and experience level but I think they're going to be a big problem come February/March.

I see lots of people writing the Cavs off and saying they aren't going to win the East.

It's like every year people forget how absolutely unstoppable LeBron is in the playoffs. It never takes him long to remind us. A couple bad stretches right now really don't mean a whole lot. Come on, people. lol

The Mavs cunt punted LeBron when LeBron had the more talented team. One of the biggest choke jobs in the history of sports so I wouldn't say he's unstoppable. There's also the meltdown he had against Boston the year before he left Cleveland. To be fair I think Boston had a much better team but still.

Having said that, the way Cleveland just doesn't play defense isn't on LeBron but if they don't step things up in the playoffs they're not making the finals. Even in a weak Eastern conference.

LeBron is a great player. One if the best ever but how many times have we seen even all time greats take a team that plays no defense to the finals? Not many. You can probably count them on one hand.

The Mavs cunt punted LeBron when LeBron had the more talented team. One of the biggest choke jobs in the history of sports so I wouldn't say he's unstoppable. There's also the meltdown he had against Boston the year before he left Cleveland. To be fair I think Boston had a much better team but still.

Having said that, the way Cleveland just doesn't play defense isn't on LeBron but if they don't step things up in the playoffs they're not making the finals. Even in a weak Eastern conference.

LeBron is a great player. One if the best ever but how many times have we seen even all time greats take a team that plays no defense to the finals? Not many. You can probably count them on one hand.

1. The Mavs Final isn't exactly relevant anymore. Since when do we count something that happened 7 years ago against the way a player is now? That's more than a bit unrealistic, in my opinion. Also I would say his performance against the Warriors, aka the so-called greatest team ever, just 2 short years ago erases that and then some. Not even going to talk about your point about what he did before he left Cleveland. That's ancient history, sean. What LeBron has done since then is so much more relevant.

2. Do you really think they WON'T step it up in the playoffs? LeBron teams have never shot their load in the regular season unlike other teams... ahem, Raptors, Rockets, etc... LeBron-led teams as we know them always play their best ball in the playoffs. So in all fairness, I will believe the Cavs not winning the East when I see it.

No player in a team sport is unstoppable and basketball is a team sport. Just like every other all time great player, including Jordan, you have to have the team around you. The Cavs can score but they've been bad on defense all year. LeBron will pick up some of that slack because he's a great defensive player but it will effect his efficiency shooting the ball. You saw it during the last finals. The Cavs got killed whenever he had to sit.

The truth lies somewhere between the LeBron haters and fanboys. He's had his success but he has also failed. I won't write him off yet but his chances of not making the finals are a lot higher than they've been in a long long time.

I see lots of people writing the Cavs off and saying they aren't going to win the East.

It's like every year people forget how absolutely unstoppable LeBron is in the playoffs. It never takes him long to remind us. A couple bad stretches right now really don't mean a whole lot. Come on, people. lol

Cavs aren't winning the East.

Their team is full of has beens and players that can't play defense or protect the rim. They literally can't stop the ball. What make you think that playoff time it'll magically turn around?

Lebron can only do so much. When your team is losing by double digits on a reg basis you are in trouble, especially with no coach.

Celtics and Raptors have more complete teams and will beat the Cavs in the playoffs.

Wizards are meh but even they would give the Cavs problems.

I hate the Raptors but this year they added a lot of young talent to that bench and changed their system in such a way that Derozan and Lowry don't have to drop 30 each to beat you.

Edited by ATL

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. :yep:

Cavs got the hands :rog:

I am shocked a team with a superstar(s) has not tried to snatch up Masai Ujiri from Toronto, he might be the best exec in the NBA when it comes to putting talent on a roster. The Raptors have always had really good depth since he has been here.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. :yep:

Calling it now. Cavs lose to the Celtics in the ECF in 6 games.

Celtics are scary even without Hayward. When they get him in, look out Golden State and Cleveland.

Edited by Sparty