Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

Cavs gonna trade that Brooklyn pick to appease Lebron :slingblade:

They need to look ahead to next season when his loser ass is playing in LA for the Lakers.

Honestly asking because I don't know: has a LeBron team (Cavs or otherwise) ever had a stretch this bad during the regular season?

Cavs are incredibly awful.

LeDouche is failing incredibly hard at his own game... see the Thunder and Golden State.

The Super Team concept that HE whined so hard for and was so arrogant about is biting him in the ass.

His ego has also made the best player he has EVER played with (Kyrie) go and do bigger and better things in Boston.

Cavs won't even make the Finals. Expect the Raptors or Celtics to do so from the East. Real Teams that play defense and have quality talent all around.

Not washed up NBA vets who can't play defense and don't know their role by a team with no coach with a spine.

Idk if I would say Kyrie is better than prime Wade but it's close. It certainly seems like LeBron got himself in this mess though regardless of who the best player he ever played with was. Unless the Cavs are really just dumb and wanted that trade with the Knicks to pick up two dead weight players and signing Thompson to that outrageous deal. If you have 3 max players you have to save money elsewhere. Pat Riley and the Heat did a way better job of staying cap flexible enough to be able to make moves. It just seems like LeBron wanted all his boys on the team and that's fine but when it blows up in your face yo don't throw temper tantrums, you go and just play hard and have fun playing with your friends.

The Cavs have a Defensive Rating of 104.3 when Lebron is off court (good for #3 in the league right now behind Spurs and Celtics); 113.7 Defensive Rating when he is On Court (worse than the worst defense in the league, Kings at 112.2)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/on-off/2018

This does not include the game they just played against the Thunder either

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/7rv6sc/the_cavs_have_a_defensive_rating_of_1043_when/

Oh, and he congratulated himself on reaching 30,000 points, lmao.

https://instagram.com/p/BeTAoFBBxbG/

Jason Kidd being fired seems ludicrous to me.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Oh, and he congratulated himself on reaching 30,000 points, lmao.

https://instagram.com/p/BeTAoFBBxbG/

Jason Kidd being fired seems ludicrous to me.

He says the team needs more defense, yet he is one of the main culprits of not getting back on defense or showing any effort at all.

The Kidd firing reminds me a little of the Marc Jackson firing. The Bucks know they can be better, but they want someone to maximize the potential... I'm just not sure who it is.

Torn achilles for DeMarcus Cousins. Brutal.

Pelicans were just starting to play some good ball too. Boogie is a free agent in the off season as well.

Nice way to sport that Quadruple Double in the win, Mr. James.

Just saw that Avery Bradley can be had at the deadline. Yes please. Sixers guard rotation would be so good and defensively the Sixers would really be able to put the clamps on with a few elite defenders.

I think Bradley would give Philly a legit shot yo come out of the East tbh. I would give up the Lakers/Kings pick.

Edited by seanbrock

Just saw that Avery Bradley can be had at the deadline. Yes please. Sixers guard rotation would be so good and defensively the Sixers would really be able to put the clamps on with a few elite defenders.

I think Bradley would give Philly a legit shot yo come out of the East tbh. I would give up the Lakers/Kings pick.

​He was just traded to the Clippers in a Blake Griffin deal.

​He was just traded to the Clippers in a Blake Griffin deal.

Yeah that was pretty dumb. I don't see Blake Re-signing. Do they even want to re-sign him or is this a tank move? Does seem like they would have a ton of money if Blake left.

I forgot Blake signed that huge deal already. Pistons got fucking owned here. Clippers re-build looks pretty interesting. I expect Jordan to get moved too. If they can manage to get the Brooklyn pick from the Cavs...man. They would be in position to make some moves and possibly get a franchise player for the future.

Edited by seanbrock

Clippers fake retired his jersey to give him a glimpse of the future to entice him to re-sign with them... half of one season later he gets shipped to Motown... I wonder what changed in their minds.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22259303/kristaps-porzingis-uses-height-unlike-other-player-nba

Interesting take. If he realizes his potential, look out.

EDIT: Instead of a double post...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22263710/washington-wizards-star-john-wall-undergo-knee-procedure

Oh, boy. That's really gonna hurt Washington.

Edited by BigBen07
  • Upvote 1

Not sure I see what the Pistons' endgame is? Blake, Drummond, Jackson core? What else?

Everyone else on the roster is probably happy though, lol

Any chance the Clippers are in play for LeBron now? We've all assumed LeBron was headed to Los Angeles; maybe we were wrong to assume he'd be wearing purple...

Any chance the Clippers are in play for LeBron now? We've all assumed LeBron was headed to Los Angeles; maybe we were wrong to assume he'd be wearing purple...

With Jerry West running the show? Absolutely.

Clippers are smart for getting rid of the most overrated player in league...

Now time to get rid of the second most.

If they can deal Jordan they will be in business in FA and the draft.