Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

Bulls don't really need to win the lottery. They have some legitimate young players and I like this draft class. Bulls are going to get a good player and a cornerstone for their franchise. If they can end up getting another first for Mirotic or something they're in good shape. Hell even if they got Bamba or something that would be sweet.

Don't like the Rose signing.

Thibs seems suspect. He is so dogmatic in his own ways and I can't recall that ever being an effective leadership quality in a sport like basketball. (Effective as in... It leads to the ultimate prize ie a championship).

Raptors are the first team this season to clinch a playoff spot. Wow. I didn't see that coming at all.

YEAH! Raptors snap Houston's 17 game win streak and sweep the season series! What a game!

EDIT: 8 in a row after demolishing the Knicks today! That puts the Raptors up 3 on Boston pending their game vs. Indiana.

EDIT 2: Pacers win! Raps 3.5 up now!

Edited by BigBen07

Markelle Fultz is back, y'all. Sixers currently sitting as the 4th seed in the East.

Ok, so is it possible that the Sixers make the finals? I would have to say yes. Simmons has taken it to another level since Embiid went down. They're looking scary good right now.

Ok, so is it possible that the Sixers make the finals? I would have to say yes. Simmons has taken it to another level since Embiid went down. They're looking scary good right now.

Not this season. Too much youth for the playoffs. And lets be real, trying to beat Lebron 4 times in the playoffs is not easy.

Cavs gonna be in the finals again only to get throttled by the Rockets or Warriors.

Not this season. Too much youth for the playoffs. And lets be real, trying to beat Lebron 4 times in the playoffs is not easy.

Cavs gonna be in the finals again only to get throttled by the Rockets or Warriors.

Have you even seen the Cavs this year? They're total garbage.

I can definitely see the Sixers making the Finals, but I think this is Toronto's year.

but I think this is Toronto's year.

They keep playing like they did last night it's a good possibility. That said, it's only round 1. I'll wait until round 2 before making any predictions.

Pelicans are THE big surprise. I never expected a 2-0 lead from them over Portland.

Edited by BigBen07

I hope this is Toronto's year. And good on Dwane Casey for accepting the fact that his offensive system was outdated and they needed a change. So many coaches are just "it's my way or the highway!" even with the FO and would have resigned. Casey is a high character guy, for sure. I hope Thibodeau goes through a similar transformation at some point. It'll take evolving the offense for Minnesota to ever be contenders.

Sixers played like shit almost the entire game and still won. lol

Bet your entire life savings on Golden State to win a best of seven series against the fucking PELICANS.

If GS played the way they did the last two games against the spurs. Pelicans will straight up abuse them.

How about OKC? 3 rd time in 15 years a team comes back from 25 down to win.

Edited by Turry

^ Pops wife died. You gotta know Spurs had to at least win one for him and I think the Warriors wanted to take it back home anyway. Steph is going to come back soon, I can see Pelicans winning one at home, but yeah Warriors got this.

Sixers are winning the chip anyway. Fuck the Warriors. Sixers are young and pretty healthy and they grind you out on defense and the glass and the Warriors will fold like a fucking lawn chair.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully OKC learned that you can't win with Melo

?

Edited by Bucman

Lebron killing the Raptors....what else is new. Need to seriously look at getting Paul George if at all possible.

I don't think they can get Paul George in Free Agency but I do think they could put together a decent package for him. Question at that point is what do they have to give up and how do you re-stock the team afterward.

As for the Sixers...man, Brad Stevens is amazing and Terry Rozier looks like Michael Jordan out there. Embiid has dominated but they've really shut down Simmons by making sure he can't just run by/through everyone and get easy buckets. I think the Sixers should think about getting it to Ben in the post and watch either Embiid or Dario get dunks when they double Ben and if they don't he's probably knocking down 60% of his shots over either way smaller or way less athletic defenders.

Man the Sixers just couldn't finish games against Boston. They're gonna be good man. I would say I hope they blow this team up trying to get Davis but Brad Stevens with Anthony Davis would be a nightmare.

Celts are the new rulers of the East. Cavs can win the championship, but Boston is still elite without 2 of their stars.