Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

Anyone that thought the Sixers were gonna do shit this year was delusional. They're basically all rookies, this was an experience year for them. Next year maybe they have a year like OKC in 2010 when they took Kobe to 7. But the Celtics winning was not surprising. Brad Stevens is an amazing coach.

• Upvote 1

Anyone that thought the Sixers were gonna do shit this year was delusional. They're basically all rookies, this was an experience year for them. Next year maybe they have a year like OKC in 2010 when they took Kobe to 7. But the Celtics winning was not surprising. Brad Stevens is an amazing coach.

Agree with all of that. I admit I got a little too hyped about them after the Miami series, but we should just be thrilled they got two series' worth of experience. Can't wait to see next year.

How did Brad Stevens get 0 votes for Coach of the Year....

Edited by Bucman

Honestly it seems like Boston was the only team that could legitimately stop Simmons since March. The sixers were also res hot shooting for months so that was bound to slow down.

With the bench being as bad as it was I would have put Fultz out there with the green light and tell him to shoot if they give him too much space. If his jumper starts working again he really puts them over the top. The Sixers should be trying to get Kawhi Leonard from the Spurs. A move like that could put them over the top. He fits far better than LeBron and I feel like the Pop/Brown relationship could help facilitate a trade.

Honestly it seems like Boston was the only team that could legitimately stop Simmons since March. The sixers were also res hot shooting for months so that was bound to slow down.

With the bench being as bad as it was I would have put Fultz out there with the green light and tell him to shoot if they give him too much space. If his jumper starts working again he really puts them over the top. The Sixers should be trying to get Kawhi Leonard from the Spurs. A move like that could put them over the top. He fits far better than LeBron and I feel like the Pop/Brown relationship could help facilitate a trade.

Not sure of the Raptors firing Casey as I think DeRozan is the bigger issue but it should be interesting to see what happens going forward and whether a more tactical coach would be what the doctor ordered to solve their Lebron/playoff woes.

Not sure of the Raptors firing Casey as I think DeRozan is the bigger issue but it should be interesting to see what happens going forward and whether a more tactical coach would be what the doctor ordered to solve their Lebron/playoff woes.

They’re gonna hire the former Hawks coach. The guy who always likes getting swept by Lebron led teams.

I think Boston will go to the finals. They're too good to be stopped by one guy and they're going to make him shoot jumpers which he can do but not consistently. Ultimately I think GS or The Rockets will win but the East will soon be better than the west.

Brad Stevens Celtics traded

Sent Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry and DJ Smith

For 5 players and nets 2014 1st, 2016 1st, Swapped 1st in 2017 and 2018 1st...

Traded Rondo to Dallas for Jae Crowder

2014 Nets pick Marcus Smart

2016 Nets pick Jaylen Brown

2017 Nets pick Jason Tatum

Shipped Jae Crowder , 2016 Draft Pick Ante Zinc, 2018 Nets pick,Isiah Thomas and a 2nd rd pick, for Kyrie

Dude is the master of Trades in the nba

Danny Ainge, but Brad Stevens seems to get the best out of every one of his players. If they get Anthony Davis...wow.

• Upvote 1

Danny Ainge, but Brad Stevens seems to get the best out of every one of his players. If they get Anthony Davis...wow.

Do they even need Anthony Davis?? Hell they dont need Irving and Heyward at this point lol

Kevin Durant ruined basketball. This is pointless.

I'm sure Durant had nothing to do with Houston going 7-44 on 3s. Harden and Gordon alone went a combined 4-25. Oh and not to mention the Rockets missed 27 3s in a row.

GSW-Cleveland IV. What fun!

Edited by BigBen07
  • Upvote 1

I highly doubt this will happen but what will people say if LeBron finds a way to win these Finals? Hypothetically, if he carried this team to a championship he has to be right up there with MJ, right?

Even if the Cavs lose, still have to marvel at what he has been able to do. Not a single teammate is averaging over 10 pts a game this postseason and here they are in the Finals.

He's already in the discussion and arguably better.

Why is the media saying Lebron carrying the Cavs to beat the Celtics is his finest moment? His performances in the finals against the Warriors are easily better for his legacy (at least in my opinion).

• Upvote 1

I love the NBA.

But I'm honestly sick of Cavs/Warriors every year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love the NBA.

But I'm honestly sick of Cavs/Warriors every year.

I'm glad to see your Braves doing good this year.

4th times the charm....

I know that Lebrun is Lebron but.... do the Cavs have any shot at all?

No he doesn't as things stand. He might have a chance if Durant gets hurt idk. LeBron can put up 50 but GS has 3 guys in their starting line up that can do that and their bench is way better than Cleveland's.

I mean if they play defense anything is possible, but they don't like playing defense. They actually should have a better shot in game 1 with Love being out because they're a better defensive lineup without him, but he's also their best 3 point shooter if Korver isn't lighting it up.

LeBron will be out of gas by the 4th quarter trying to stop 20 point runs. This should be a massacre tbh. Indiana and a hobbled Boston pushed them to 7. The Warriors are just on a completely different level. None of those teams has anyone that can touch any one of GS's big 3

Edited by seanbrock

I don't know, the Warriors still have nights where the 3-pointers aren't landing and they get careless with turnovers. It should be a Warriors victory in 4 or 5 games but I'm not counting out LeBron.

Warriors are gonna screw around and end up taking this thing to 7.