Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

Rule change idea. Hitting a shooter's hand after release should not be a foul because it has no effect whatsoever on the shot

The league has some explaining to do. The officiating over the last 15 minutes has been absolutely unacceptable.

This cannot happen. It can't happen. You can't effectively decide a game and probably change this entire series. Cleveland earned this game over and over again and the refs kept taking it away. This is inexcusable and an absolutely cheating of the Cleveland Cavaliers and NBA fans in general. Fucking atrocious.

• Downvote 1

Normally I sigh at Bware's anti-officiating rhetoric, but I agree that every close call went Golden State's way in the 4th quarter last night.

• Upvote 1

I mean they weren't even necessarily close calls, they were wrong calls. Kevin Durant shot at least 6 FTs in the 4th quarter on plays with no contact where the officials simply reacted to what happens without first seeing contact. It's one thing if LeBron is getting those calls too but he wasn't...and he was delivering the best single game Finals performance we've seen in 25 years, whereas Durant was hardly noticeable aside from those atrocious calls that gifted the Warriors 6-10 points.

• Downvote 1

JR Smith let that game go to OT.

I think the refs are an easy out. That isnt to say they did well... but even with it, Cavs shouldve or at least had a very good chance of closing it out.

Warriors looked like they were half assing it most of the game too. Bad, bad spot for Cleveland (I know, obvious).

I mean they weren't even necessarily close calls, they were wrong calls. Kevin Durant shot at least 6 FTs in the 4th quarter on plays with no contact where the officials simply reacted to what happens without first seeing contact. It's one thing if LeBron is getting those calls too but he wasn't...and he was delivering the best single game Finals performance we've seen in 25 years, whereas Durant was hardly noticeable aside from those atrocious calls that gifted the Warriors 6-10 points.

Because staged...

Such Bullshit if Draymond wouldve did what Tristen did his ass would be suspended.. you cant pick and choose the rules NBA but since its Lebrons teammates they can get away with anything just look at the Celtics and Pacers series especially when the games were in Cleveland and Both thoses games 7 refs let Cavs mug them in the 3rd in 4th qts...

So people complaining refs screwed Cavs no they Didnt Cavs got excatly what they Deserved

• Downvote 3

Such Bullshit if Draymond wouldve did what Tristen did his ass would be suspended.. you cant pick and choose the rules NBA but since its Lebrons teammates they can get away with anything just look at the Celtics and Pacers series especially when the games were in Cleveland and Both thoses games 7 refs let Cavs mug them in the 3rd in 4th qts...

So people complaining refs screwed Cavs no they Didnt Cavs got excatly what they Deserved

Lmao no. What did Tristan even do did you watch the replay? I didnt even see anything.

Refs were blatantly for the Warriors in that game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lmao no. What did Tristan even do did you watch the replay? I didnt even see anything.

Refs were blatantly for the Warriors in that game.

Are you fucking serious lmao, dude grab a ball and shoved it into Greens Face

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah after he gets tossed for absolutely no reason at all. Dude tried to block a shot and got tossed from the game, such complete bullshit.

If the refs dont toss him for doing literally nothing that shit never happens.

WeaponX20 coming into this thread with irrational LeBron hate, unable to even acknowledge how badly the Cavs were screwed on Thursday night.

Just accept that the Warriors were gifted game 1. Now they'll probably win in 5 games. We CANNOT have officiating deciding games in the NBA Finals. Ken Mauer, Ed Malloy, and Tony Brothers should not get to officiate another Finals game, period. It was a fucking joke. If you don't believe me, go back and watch the supposed "fouls" on all of Durant's FTs in the second half.

LeBron deserves every bad call that comes his way. But of course two wrongs don't make a right.

WeaponX20 coming into this thread with irrational LeBron hate, unable to even acknowledge how badly the Cavs were screwed on Thursday night.

Just accept that the Warriors were gifted game 1. Now they'll probably win in 5 games. We CANNOT have officiating deciding games in the NBA Finals. Ken Mauer, Ed Malloy, and Tony Brothers should not get to officiate another Finals game, period. It was a fucking joke. If you don't believe me, go back and watch the supposed "fouls" on all of Durant's FTs in the second half.

Warriors were gifted Game 1 by JR Smith.

Warriors are gonna screw around and end up taking this thing to 7.

Gee whiz, why would tv want that to happen? Gasp )))

Warriors were gifted Game 1 by JR Smith.

False. The game never should have been close enough for that play to matter. Without 6-10 gifted free throws to the Warriors the game is over

False. The game never should have been close enough for that play to matter. Without 6-10 gifted free throws to the Warriors the game is over

That is some lame logic... This is a sport.. It comes down to the players. Even with all the mistakes. Cavs had it in the bag with the ability to wind down the clock and get the exact shot they wanted. They were awful and choked it away -- terrible refs or not.

• Upvote 1

That is some lame logic... This is a sport.. It comes down to the players. Even with all the mistakes. Cavs had it in the bag with the ability to wind down the clock and get the exact shot they wanted. They were awful and choked it away -- terrible refs or not.

Exactly this.

Edited by BigBen07

You cannot tell me with a straight face that 8-10 unearned points didn't swing game 1 in Golden State's favor

Warriors getting all the calls tonight too. This is pathetic.

Also, Klay Thompson is scarier as a shooter than Steph is on an every day basis. Steph is scarier when he gets hot, Klay is scarier every day. He's more consistent.

Calls don't matter at all .... The Warriors have outclassed the Cavs in every fashion tonight.The game is going to end exactly how it should. (CLeveland comeback incoming)

• Upvote 2

Warriors getting all the calls tonight too. This is pathetic.

Also, Klay Thompson is scarier as a shooter than Steph is on an every day basis. Steph is scarier when he gets hot, Klay is scarier every day. He's more consistent.

I think what Curry does is more impressive though because of his position as a ball handler and how he can create his own shot.

Will be interesting to see where LeBron goes this summer, there has to be 0 to very little chance he stays in Cleveland. It probably won't happen but imagine him in San Antonio with Pop, Kawhi, and LMA. He wouldn't have to play all 82 games and lead the league in mins ever again, and he would stand a strong chance of beating the Warriors and add another ring or 2 before retirement.