Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

The Spurs made the playoffs with no Kawhi all year. If they can trade him and get some good players they're a better team than they were last year and with Pop, who knows, maybe a contender in the west. Would they want to trade Kawhi to LA and have them form a super team? I imagine the Spurs don't like that idea lol. Boaton and Philly have way more to offer.

It's a bummer that Kawhi supposedly wants out. It seems like his uncle really got in his head and is driving all this, but it was it is. No chance in hell should the Spurs trade him to the Lakers, so if he wants to go to LA he can wait another year. Wouldn't even consider trading him to a Western team at all. The question is what would Boston, Philly, Chicago, Knicks, or any Eastern team be willing to offer for a possible 1 yr rental. Possibly forcing any trade partner to take on Pau Gasol's or Patty Mills' contract could be a great move as SA could clear a lot of cap space and maybe be in play for FAs down the road.

It would be very petty but the Spurs could just say fuck it and dick Leonard over and not trade him anywhere. Kawhi then could play for the Spurs or sit out for another season and probably sink his value some more. Very petty but after everything Kawhi and his camp have done this season, why not?

I'm guessing a trade with the Celtics goes down with the Spurs either getting Kyrie and Sacramento's 2019 pick or getting some young players like Tatum.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

It's hilarious that Charles claims LeBron has subpar playoff performance when he was putting up numbers all playoffs long. The rest of his team simply wasn't.

I'm hoping the Spurs would want a guy on his rookie deal rather than having Kyrie who might decide he wants to go elsewhere to ring chase or whatever. Boston also cannot take on a contract like Gasol or Mills on top of Kawhi...at least I don't think, who knows lol. I think Philly makes the most sense as a trade partner for the Spurs. Guys like Fultz, Saric and Covington would be so good for the Spurs. The Sixers could give a lot of picks too.

By trading for Kyrie, the Spurs would still be in contention. Trading for young players and picks, you are building for the future but kinda screwing over the vets, like LaMarcus. LMA wanted out but Pop convinced him to stay and he wants to be on a championship team. The Spurs would need more than just Kyrie and LMA to be a championship team but Kyrie gives them a nice piece to work with in a "win now" mode. With reports of Pop being unlikely to coach past the Olympics, the Spurs should be in a "win now" mode. Otherwise they may as well trade LMA while they can, stockpile as many picks and assets as they can, and let Pop retire.

I feel like everyone who passes on Donicic is going to regret it. I just don't see how he isn't going #1.

• Upvote 1

I would say probably because Ayton's ceiling is so high. I think Bagley could be the second coming of Amar'e Stoudemire too.

I suppose but to me Donicic has a super-high ceiling too. Not to mention he's dominating in Euroleague as an 18 year old, while Ayton couldn't show up against a MAC school.

Yeah, if Doncic adds a little strength I could see him becoming a lot like Paul Pierce, just a better passer which is a pretty damn high ceiling lol.

Who ever passes on Michael Porter Jr and Marvin Bagley lll will regret it

Am I the only one who thinks Bamba>Ayton? I would take Bamba number 1 overall and not bat an eyelash.

Am I the only one who thinks Bamba>Ayton? I would take Bamba number 1 overall and not bat an eyelash.

Bama , JJJ and Bagley lll are better than Ayton

Mikal Bridges :( over MPJ of course Philly Management would fuck up the pick

Sixers took two back up guards? Wonder if this means Fultz will be traded.

Smith kind of seems like a Spurs player which makes sesnse because Brown came from the Spurs organization but that future pick.. idk. Seems like moves could be made.

Edited by seanbrock

I read an article that makes the Twolves situation seem like a disaster. Forever feeding into my pessimism...

Damn, crazy to think OKC had 3 MVPs and got no titles in return :fbm:

Stephen A says Lebron has been talking to KD about teaming up in LA... Wut.

I don't see why KD would want to play with Lebron lol

The LeBron James Decision-Making Machine, courtesy of FiveThirtyEight: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-lebron-james-decision-making-machine/

tl;dr:

The best team for LeBron in terms of winning a tittle is Houston.

The best team for LeBron in terms of legacy is Cleveland.

The best team for LeBron in terms of a combination of both factors is Philadelphia.

• Upvote 1

I don't really know why the Celtics would be worse for his legacy than the Rockets. I would also think the Wizards would have a higher chance of a title than credited. Maybe, the Raptors too but they would definitely need to ship DeRozan out, they should anyways but that is a topic for another day. I also think the Thunder would be a bad spot, so I think the chances given are too high.

I know PG13 took the money but I also respect him for sticking it out with Russ and Melo and trying to deliver for OKC fans. What if they could position themselves to make a run at Kawhi?

I know PG13 took the money but I also respect him for sticking it out with Russ and Melo and trying to deliver for OKC fans. What if they could position themselves to make a run at Kawhi?

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

But I don't see what OKC could give the Spurs for Kawhi. They have no valuable assets that they'd be willing to part with. They also don't have any cap space to sign him as a free agent, even with Melo coming off the books in 2019.

It seems like it's either the Lakers or Sixers right now for LeBron, but it really feels like it's gonna be LA.