Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

2017-18 NBA Season Thread

I don't pay much attention to the NBA but calling Lebron a Laker sounds kind of dirty.

I think it would be funny if the Lakers end up flopping big time with Lebron on the roster, but I don't see that happening.

Edited by OSUViking

Welp it's official now. LeBron is a laker.

LeBron throwing his Finals streak away. LeBron is damn good but I don't see how him being on the Lakers gives him a better chance of beating the Warriors, or even the Rockets for that matter. Getting Kawhi, assuming he is 100%, will help but will the Lakers pay the steep price this offseason or wait til next year and waste a year of LeBron? Even with Kawhi, I'm not sure if that's enough to beat these Warriors.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I dont think he really cares that much. Obviously he wants to win. Obviously he wants to be the Warriors , but is it that big of a deal? His legacy is cemented... his contract is signed and hes got plenty of business in LA for him to run and handle as he maximizes his name and brand. He told Magic not to feel pressure in luring another big star to LA because this is a long term play for him.

Basketball seems secondary.

EDIT:

Lance Stephenson (LOL) and JaVale McGee sign deals with the Lakers.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Lakers will probably get Kawhi this or next summer. Even if they don't, they will have more cap flexibility than the Cavs would have had.

Get ready for some LaVar, baby. :devious:

Lakers will probably get Kawhi this or next summer. Even if they don't, they will have more cap flexibility than the Cavs would have had.

Get ready for some LaVar, baby. :devious:

idk why you're not tryna see him on the Sixers, dummy

Thunder just got Nerlens Noel. Ho boy. Now Presti gonna figure out a way to move Melo for a new piece. :devious:

Oh and there was a big brawl at the World Cup Qualifiers between Australia and the Phillipines:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-03/boomers-philippines-basketball-brawl-see-match-abandoned/9932910

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

idk why you're not tryna see him on the Sixers, dummy

I'd love Kawhi on the Sixers, I just don't think he ends up there.

Lakers just throwing money around now. McGee, Lance, Stephenson, Caldwell-Pope, and now Rondo. Throw in the young players and that lockerroom should be real interesting. They still need a reliable knock down shooter though. not another ball handler.

Julius Randle an UFA now... gonna be a really solid addition for some team.

DeMarcus Cousins to the Warriors.

How much is too much?

LmfaoNBA forever

• Upvote 1

Ridiculous.

Unreal. Now, even if the Lakers add Kawhi, they're still an underdog against the Warriors in a 7-game series. Without Kawhi I feel comfortable saying they have no shot.

What if Cousins isn't as good as McGee was this past year coming off an Achilles injury? If he's still good though...man lol.

Sixers should still try and go for Kawhi imo, I'm with Zack. He'd get a guarantee at a top 2 seed every year and probably have the best defensive line up in the NBA. Also they money lol.

The Sixers will definitely be in on Kawhi next summer, assuming they don't get another star before then. But trading for him now is tricky. You could be trading for a one-year rental if he bolts next summer. I don't think the Sixers should offer much, maybe Covington+1st. I wouldn't offer Saric or Fultz.

Yeah, plus the guy has proven that he is willing to half ass it and give up on an entire year and his team. If he were to get traded and it's to a team he doesn't like or want to be with -- I'd be afraid you wouldn't even get a good season out of him before he bolts.

NBA gonna need to look long and hard at coming up with some rules to stop this madness

I really want to like and watch the NBA, since I have never cared for baseball or hockey, but at this point it is just becoming a joke. They need to bring back a hard cap and find some kind of way to stop this bullshit. It's probably going to be even worse next summer when a lot of talented guys become FAs.

As for Kawhi, no team should even bother try trading for him. Nobody is beating the Warriors, don't waste assets on getting Kawhi.

Steve Kerr and whoever is on the Warriors front office right now are worth every dime.

NBA gonna need to look long and hard at coming up with some rules to stop this madness

Yeah, but I don't see how they can prevent stuff like Durant & Cousins taking less than what they deserve just to win.

Yeah , Cousins is playing for 5 mil. Lmao. Thats pennies. Like how do you stop that? Dont think you can. It is a cautionary tale for the NFL.

Would a hard salary cap fix the lack of competitive balance? I know it's tricky because rosters are so small, but maybe there's a way to do it. Way too many loopholes right now. Why is the mid-level exception a thing?

Would a hard salary cap fix the lack of competitive balance? I know it's tricky because rosters are so small, but maybe there's a way to do it. Way too many loopholes right now. Why is the mid-level exception a thing?

You need a hard cap + the elimination of max contracts.

Edited by blotsfan

You need a hard cap + the elimination of max contracts.

Which obviously won't happen, as we all know the players would protest.